Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This again?

It's straightforward, surely - in the sense that they play in blue at Ibrox in front of the same fans, Rangers are still "the same club".

In the sense that the old club overspent far beyond its means and died as a result, and some roaster bought the stadium, its contents and some of the players, they're an entirely new enterprise.

For footballing shorthand, NewCo Rangers are "Rangers". In any other sense, they're a new team, just as new Airdrieonians are not old Airdrieonians.

This issue isn't in dispute, by the way - it's merely denied by the fans of one team, which isn't the same thing.

If a tenth of the population decided tomorrow that the world is flat, there wouldn't be a dispute over the flatness of the world - the world would remain as round as it's ever been. It's just that there'd be a mob of nutters claiming otherwise, which would be a total irrelevance to the world's actual shape.

Somebody earlier brought up the term "phoenix company", which, if it was a double-glazing company or a building company, of which we've heard thousands of dodgy examples, would mean that the directors would be subject to prosecution. So, in the end, mixing my wildlife metaphors, the leopard hasn't changed its spots, still bending, if not breaking, the law to pursue the goal of world domination. They are not the old rangers, they are pnoenix Rangers, having walked away from all the commercial debts of the old Rangers, the phoenix Rangers only responsible for footballing debts in order to get a new licence to play under the authority ( :1eye ????) of the SFA. For further educational hints, see definition of a phoenix. It destroys itself (TOTALLY) in order to be re-born!!! from the ashes of its FORMER self, not the same self.

From BBC News "Wallace embarked upon a 120-day review of the business following December's annual meeting of shareholders. The deadline was Thursday 17 April, but an update will not be released to supporters until 25 April."

Another deadline, remember back in the summer of 2012 how we used to love :wub: deadlines?

For further educational hints look up the word 'transferred' there was nothing new about the the transferred SFA membership.

Does that mean that if I divorce my wife then transfer my marriage licence to make my girlfriend Mrs Buddie 2, I can continue to count more anniveraries as Mrs Buddie 1's husband? No, that would be a new licence, even though it's a transfer of Buddie Clan membership from MB1 to MB2.

For further educational hints look up the word 'transferred' there was nothing new about the the transferred SFA membership.

Perhaps there was nothing new about the membership which the 'same club' transferred to itself. However the membership issued a week before this transfer was a new category of membership.

If you transferred your membership then you would have been eligible to play in Europe. The fact Motherwell took your place tells me that it is new.

The SFA statement makes it clear that the transfer happened between companies and newco were the new owner and operator of the club.

I will admit that I have never heard of a membership having conditions attached to it, however it was the still the same membership.

At what point did Newco become a club? Was it when they received this membership?

The newco still runs and operates the club.

Look I am not forcing you to accept the SFA statement, you can pretend it never happened if you wish.

I'm not pretending it didn't happen, just curious to know how the same membership could be both issued and transferred.

To take into account your belief that club and company are separate, I'll rephrase the question.

At what point did Newco become the operators of a club?

Apologies if this has been mentioned but rumour doing the rounds Murray is back on the scene. Not Paul - David.

Balls. Beaten to the punch :(

Edited by Stu

You're the laughing stock of this forum Tedi ... I can imagine your petted lip as you stamped your feet while you typed that.

Edit .. Wee clue Tedi .. everyone reading this exchange knows the date is important to your wee fairytale ... Yet you don't know when Charlie's company bought the assets and your new club was birthed ...

Almost bad as you not knowing what the old club's five stars were for ...

A fan you say?

no hes not, if you actually looked at the top 5 worst posters in the off topic forum, quite a few people have mentioned you , wrk and hbqc. the reason being that yours are the most boring , repetitive posters on the forum. :thumsup2

Where exactly did this rumour come from?, so far I have only heard the caller on snyde followed by a discussion of this call.

Sounds like total nonsense to me, well at least I hope it it.

No idea - I saw Spiers tweet it earlier and notice there is a huge thread on the swamp about it. First I knew about it but would be hilarious.

I love how foreverblew and Tedious are now playing the man in a tag team effort and ignoring the message/facts presented.

Sad but highly predictable.

there is a _ you know .

plus you obviosly seem to have forgotten you and apache don desperate tag team attempt to start an argument last night :lol:

Edited by forever_blue

It's a word which you still appear to struggle with the definition of, Leader. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

you missed out the full stop. :P

oh dear, now you are going to have to show evidence why you think there is a phoenix company involved? :rolleyes:

Same business - check.

Same premises - check.

Directors* of old company - check.

Same trademarks - check

Name designed to suggest continuity - check.

There's a couple of other criteria, which I can't currently be arsed chasing up, but the ibrox organisation is pretty much the definition of a phoenix company.

*Includes "shadow" directors.