Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Rangers fans embraced going to SFL3 before it was even considered an option by the authorities, 1 read of the SPL survey and the comments of the Rangers fans on it makes this very clear, this was long before the vote took place.

I am sorry but although many Hearts fans have accepted the reasons why they ended up where they are an equal number still continue to celebrate 5-1 which is one of the direct causes that they ended up where they are, a clear lack of sincerity on display here.

bullshit everyone knows reformed Rangers were desperate to go into the SPL .

The Rangers fans embraced going to SFL3 before it was even considered an option by the authorities, 1 read of the SPL survey and the comments of the Rangers fans on it makes this very clear, this was long before the vote took place.

I am sorry but although many Hearts fans have accepted the reasons why they ended up where they are an equal number still continue to celebrate 5-1 which is one of the direct causes that they ended up where they are, a clear lack of sincerity on display here.

Do you have a link for this? I have only seen one survey and the results were in favour of automatic re-entry to the SPL. Survey was here

Rangers had more players on their books and paid their manager more than Celtic to compete for the Ramsden cup ... they could not be a bigger laughing stock if they tried .. Ally could not even manage the bare minimum .. it's been great to watch them unfold and self destruct yet again.

Makes you think that maybe the tail is wagging the dog?.

In general, not you specifically, the Hearts fans have handled their insolvency event with far more class imo. Would the Rangers fans have embraced a season of guaranteed failure the way the Hearts fans have? I severely doubt it, it's not the Rangers way. I would go so far as to say that a great deal of Rangers fans are part of the problem, not the solution.

I agree with most of your other points especially the neutral administrators being vital, but I don't remember any Rangers fans complaining when you were snapping up a load of then SPL players it was pretty obvious you could ill afford. In fact I think the general consensus was GIRFUY.

You know i do admire your perseverance but you'll never get the response's that you're after, you're just too likeable and i can't bring myself to do my usual....

There's a bit myth growen about how Rangers fans handled admin/liquidation, sadly too many people take it for granted now.

Around £6m wages and nearly £70m spent in 18 months, the SPL players the club signed were not the issue here (assumning you're talking about players signed in the last 2 seasons)

Interesting to see if Craig Gordon joins "The Rangers" now there is a goalkeeping vacancy at Hearts under Levein.

Either that or could end up as goalkeeping coach at Hearts.

Do you have a link for this? I have only seen one survey and the results were in favour of automatic re-entry to the SPL. Survey was here

The survey which was altered half way through to make the results appear more biased lol

Hi-jacked by celtic fans and about as reliable as a poundshop screwdriver.

The surveys on Rangers fans sites showed that the vast majority of fans would accept the 3rd division, just so long as we were still playing.

"Embraced" is hardly the apt word. They said it through spite. They mistakenly believed it would harm the SPL and Scottish football in general.

Celtic`s wage bill is over £40M it absolutely dwarfs everything, realistically they are only competing for 3 competitions, getting beat from Raith given our budget was embarrassing, how would you describe Celtic getting beat by Morton?

celtic scudding the other top league teams is the equivalent of Rangers doing the same in the lower leagues.

Only that seems to be forgetten when P's and Thems line up to have a dig.

Edited by bennett

The Survey did not include an option for SFL3, that option was discussed later, read the comments on the survey they paint a very clear picture and back up the polls from Rangers fans at the time, the vast majority 75% of Rangers fans wanted no favours and felt SFL3 was the correct route.

Any surveys by Rangers fans only came after it was apparent you weren't getting into the SPL Scott free, or was the Rangers mass Armageddon media campaign a figment of our imaginations?

Why are Green, Smith, McCoist, Goram, Hately , DJ, Daryl King, RST, all on record telling us all Their would be no tv deal and clubs would fold if Rangers weren't allowed into the SPL?

Not being able to pay is different but surely anything else is fraud, has anyone been charged with fraud?

Also could you show be another example where HMRC have been the largest credit and have accepted a CVA, the leaflet is vague to say the least and HMRC do tend to do vague.

Agreed that they tend to be vague, gives them wiggle room. In respect of football clubs, HMRC objects to the principle of payment of footballing debts before all others and is therefore unlikely to accept a CVA where this is the case.

There are examples of CVAs that have been passed when HMRC is the biggest creditor. Elite Transport Services would be one example.

The Survey did not include an option for SFL3, that option was discussed later, read the comments on the survey they paint a very clear picture and back up the polls from Rangers fans at the time, the vast majority 75% of Rangers fans wanted no favours and felt SFL3 was the correct route.

This was after the refusal to re-enter the SPL though?

The survey which was altered half way through to make the results appear more biased lol

Hi-jacked by celtic fans and about as reliable as a poundshop screwdriver.

The surveys on Rangers fans sites showed that the vast majority of fans would accept the 3rd division, just so long as we were still playing.

Only, it wasn't me that quoted the SPL survey. That was Tedi. :1eye

Again I would politely suggest that one of the main reasons for that was nothing to do with humility or acceptance of a suitable punishment, but rather as GIRFUY to those who "kicked them when they're down " (thinking back even the manager releasing comments like that was utterly demented) and hope for "what's left of Scottish Football" to burn without the Blue Pound.

Celtic`s wage bill is over £40M it absolutely dwarfs everything, realistically they are only competing for 3 competitions, getting beat from Raith given our budget was embarrassing, how would you describe Celtic getting beat by Morton?

Irrelevant.

I don't see the need back then during the summer of 2012 to hang onto the same people like Ally or Lee McCulloch with the new club, fair enough if they wanted to manage or play, but the contracts from the oldco should have been left behind and new ones drawn up, never mind the complete waste of time and effort Charles Green went to raging at players from the oldco trying to find other clubs.

For the avoidance of doubt I will post the replys

Seems everyone want s to ignore them

As a loyal Rangers fan I am disgusted by the way in which our custodians have driven our club to the brink. We need to show humility and accept our punishment, as painful as it may seem.

We should be treated as any team in the past has been treated.

Teams who suffer insolvency and come back as Newcos should be demoted to the bottom tier. Being allowed to remain in the SPL undermines the clubs who are run properly. These sanctions should hopefully deter clubs from living outwith their means.

Livingston had to start at the bottom after admin and so should rangers Newco. Changing the goalpost now is a disgrace just because it’s rangers. Any new rules should be now after rangers sort out the mess they are in and not halfway through the process.no rules were changed after Livi going bankrupt so why now?

If rangers came back as a Newco, I didn’t want any favours, I’d rather do it right and earn our way back to the top and if the rest of the SPL teams suffer then so be it. Although it could in fact enhance the clubs in the lower leagues with fans still following the team.

The FFP Proposals make sense; it’s the timing of them that’s embarrassing. Proposal such as these should have been in place already, not implemented as a reaction to Rangers’ situation. Poor governance.

I don’t think RFC should be allowed immediate entry to the SPL, if they get liquidated.

Neither do I think that the SPL should be attempting to impose new punishments at this stage.

If rangers came back as a Newco, I didn’t want any favours, I’d rather do it right and earn our way back to the top and if the rest of the SPL teams suffer then so be it. Although it could in fact enhance the clubs in the lower leagues with fans still following the team.

The FFP Proposals make sense; it’s the timing of them that’s embarrassing. Proposal such as these should have been in place already, not implemented as a reaction to Rangers’ situation. Poor governance.

Do the crime, do the time. Our dignity is more important than league standing.

So that is the same one that I linked to? Can you show me where this survey included an SFL3 option as I am not seeing it.

I was referring to your ill-advised comments.

WTF are you speaking about? I asked if the survey that Tedi mentioned was the one that I linked to. What were my ill-advised comments?

For the avoidance of doubt I will post the replys

Seems everyone want s to ignore them

As a loyal Rangers fan I am disgusted by the way in which our custodians have driven our club to the brink. We need to show humility and accept our punishment, as painful as it may seem.

We should be treated as any team in the past has been treated.

Teams who suffer insolvency and come back as Newcos should be demoted to the bottom tier. Being allowed to remain in the SPL undermines the clubs who are run properly. These sanctions should hopefully deter clubs from living outwith their means.

Livingston had to start at the bottom after admin and so should rangers Newco. Changing the goalpost now is a disgrace just because it’s rangers. Any new rules should be now after rangers sort out the mess they are in and not halfway through the process.no rules were changed after Livi going bankrupt so why now?

I don’t think RFC should be allowed immediate entry to the SPL, if they get liquidated.

Neither do I think that the SPL should be attempting to impose new punishments at this stage.

Do the crime, do the time. Our dignity is more important than league standing.

RST after Sevco being told to fuk off from the SPL...

The Rangers Supporters’ Trust, meanwhile, accused other SPL clubs of acting out of “malice”.

Mark Dingwall, as spokesman for the Trust, said: “We are disappointed but not surprised by this decision which has been taken out of malice rather than for the greater good of the Scottish game.”

Again I would politely suggest that one of the main reasons for that was nothing to do with humility or acceptance of a suitable punishment, but rather as GIRFUY to those who "kicked them when they're down " (thinking back even the manager releasing comments like that was utterly demented) and hope for "what's left of Scottish Football" to burn without the Blue Pound.

From what i remember it was SPL clubs who were demanding that Rangers fans should be kept in the SPL, infact Rangers fans were the first to go against this. What was st Mirrens part in this again?

The main reasons for me were that we'd need to rebuild and bring in youths, which would be impossible in the SPL, while the SFL would provie time for rebuilding. Only Ally never got that memo.

Edited by bennett

WTF are you speaking about? I asked if the survey that Tedi mentioned was the one that I linked to. What were my ill-advised comments?

Do you always have to be so antagonistic, you know exactly what you said but you just can't let go and have to have your petty little digs.