Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Is there much of a sectarian issue in Liverpool anymore? Seems to have died down to almost nothing in the last hundred years. Strange that that hasn't happened here.

You don't have much knowledge of Liverpool and Liverpudlians do you? The average white CoE faithed Liverpudlian is amongst the most backward thinking in the western world.

They are quite equal in their prejudices though, anyone different to them gets equally bad treatment.

ETA my sources for my opinions are a black catholic former crewmate from Toxteth and family in Huyton.

Edited by stonedsailor

Is there much of a sectarian issue in Liverpool anymore? Seems to have died down to almost nothing in the last hundred years. Strange that that hasn't happened here.

Just those Proddy hating Boswells.

Plans and mindsets can change when nothing binding is in place to preserve them.

SOMERS insisted no "sale or leaseback" deals had been discussed following a statement from supporters' coalition group the Union of Fans.
rangers.jpg

RANGERS chairman David Somers last night hit back at his club’s own fans by insisting categorically he has no plans to sanction the sale of Murray Park.

Somers contacted Record Sport following a statement from supporters’ coalition group the Union of Fans which accused the under-fire regime of plotting to raise emergency cash by flogging off the club’s prized assets , including the training facility at Auchenhowie.

And, while declining to be interviewed on the matter, Somers made the board’s position clear in writing and insisted that no “sale and leaseback” deals have been discussed.

He said: “There is a great deal of nonsense being written about possible sales of Rangers assets.

“The board has never discussed the sale and/or leaseback of any Rangers asset. Nor do I expect us to do so.

“Our mindset is to protect and enhance all the assets of the club for the benefit of future generations of fans and shareholders alike.

“The above applies to every one of our assets.

“I hope my email makes it clear my mindset is not to sell a single one of our assets, especially our Crown Jewels.”

The endgame is near. The board are keeping the current assets in a nice, neat bundle, ready for the next saviour to step in and buy as a package. Club-plus-Ibrox-plus-MP is much more attractive than a simple 'team with a pitch'.

Referee caught lying .. we incited a dispute. Classy.

Referee makes correct decision, yet struggling big club bullies its way to causing a fuss and implying it's standing up for allegedly downtrodden Catholics everywhere by doing so.

Admittedly, Dr Reid will have bigger things on his mind should he meet his maker, but you're right. The entire episode demonstrated Celtic' s lack of class.

Referee makes correct decision, yet struggling big club bullies its way to causing a fuss and implying it's standing up for allegedly downtrodden Catholics everywhere by doing so.

Admittedly, Dr Reid will have bigger things on his mind should he meet his maker, but you're right. The entire episode demonstrated Celtic' s lack of class.

It was peter houston who said the ref was a cheat and not for the first time he was out to get Dundee United.

Amazing how people always forget this

It was peter houston who said the ref was a cheat and not for the first time he was out to get Dundee United.

Amazing how people always forget this

I've already been on the Falkirk thread telling them all that their beloved "Houstie" is a w**k.

I can't be everywhere at once.

Dearie me ...

Yes, he made an arse of explaining the process by which he reached the correct decision regarding the award of a penalty, but he got the decision right.

The uncertainty was exploited by Celtic because the decision had ultimately, correctly, not gone their way.

There are still sectarian issues in Liverpool, nothing like the level of Glasgow or the WoS though. There was Republican marches held in the city last summer which were met by protests by Loyalist groups. It may not have such a focal point like the Glasgow football clubs but it is still there. Many Orangemen will support either Liverpool or Everton as will Republican sympathisers but nevertheless there is still an undercurrent of sectarianism in the city. In saying that though, the 12th of July parade from the city to Southport every year has not got the same coverage or support by local people.

He lied ... pure and simple.

It really wasn't a big deal though.

You can correct me if my recall is wrong, but was it not a question of him immediately awarding a penalty, then deciding (correctly) of his own accord that he'd been hasty and had got it wrong? Rather than look like he'd wishy washily just changed his mind, he foolishly attempted to make it look like the about-turn was prompted by an assistant's intervention.

Ultimately, the correct decision was made, but it didn't suit their belligerent little manager who made a fuss, confident in the knowledge that his employer would back his bullying and even go further in implying conspiracy.

I've not checked, so please advise me on any bits I've got wrong.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Whether or not the correct decision was is irrelevant, the man lied. A lie that was only uncovered because the linesman refused to back his version of events.

His lack of a back-bone is no relevance other than he could not be trusted to tell the truth ... a prerequisite for a referee.

Lawwell lied over the Japanese tour, in his position at the SFA he has to be trusted to tell the truth.....

Whether or not the correct decision was is irrelevant, the man lied. A lie that was only uncovered because the linesman refused to back his version of events.

His lack of a back-bone is no relevance other than he could not be trusted to tell the truth ... a prerequisite for a referee.

Had he continued with his award of a penalty he knew was the wrong decision, he'd have saved himself a great deal of grief.

The subtext to very clearly and deliberately emerge from it all was that refs should think very carefully before making decisions which don't favour Celtic.

A complete abuse of Celtic's power in the game.

Celtic shouldn't have had a penalty and didn't get one, yet this fiasco was the result. No other club - not even that one - would have taken it as far.

4-1!

You don't have much knowledge of Liverpool and Liverpudlians do you? The average white CoE faithed Liverpudlian is amongst the most backward thinking in the western world.

They are quite equal in their prejudices though, anyone different to them gets equally bad treatment.

ETA my sources for my opinions are a black catholic former crewmate from Toxteth and family in Huyton.

So the old firm fans are right then? It really has nothing to do with the teams capitalising on it and sectarianism would still be the issue it is today? I'm glad that's been cleared up.

have heard season tickets sold is sitting currently around the 21k figure, a fall of 14k from last season.

i doubt its going to reach 24k by the first league game.

If true could we have the perfect storm of far fewer STs sold in the first place, accompanied by a side that's struggling to dominate on the park? If so, we could, for the first time in decades, be looking at a half empty Ibrox most weeks.

I still tend to think that Rangers will win the League this year, but everyone knows that with the Edinburgh presence and McCoist at the helm, that's not certain.

This team is now under huge pressure to perform.

The price of not doing so would possibly be an even larger gap in finances and a jeopardised share issue.

Edited by Monkey Tennis