Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It was Whyte whilst owner of the club who held back payment of PAYE & N.I. Yourself and others can dress this up whichever way you like but those are the facts. Without a doubt Murray and Lloyds would have known of this tax issue of Whytes so imo they too are complicit in what happened but HMRC should have shown a sense of responsibility by not allowing Whyte to withhold PAYE for the best part of 9 months.

This was approx £15 million PAYE accumulated over 9 months, why did HMRC allow such a sum to be built up over such a period of time, knowing full well they were already investigating Whyte for similar.

Is PAYE paid to the Revenue every month? Or is it every quarter, like V.A.T.? If it's every quarter, I can see why it wasn't paid for the best part of 9 months, with seemingly no action having been taken.

First quarter missed, promises made to pay etc, etc, 2nd quarter missed, morepromises, etc etc, third quarter payment approaches the boom is lowered.

Although I was surprised that HMRC let it run so far, too, given Whyte's track record.

This is hilarious. Having been told about how over-zealous HMRC have been in one sphere, we're now being told they should have been much more stringent in another.

They simply believe that this body of the state should at all times endeavour to favour Rangers.

Stupid spoilt children.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

It was Whyte whilst owner of the club who held back payment of PAYE & N.I. Yourself and others can dress this up whichever way you like but those are the facts. Without a doubt Murray and Lloyds would have known of this tax issue of Whytes so imo they too are complicit in what happened but HMRC should have shown a sense of responsibility by not allowing Whyte to withhold PAYE for the best part of 9 months.

This was approx £15 million PAYE accumulated over 9 months, why did HMRC allow such a sum to be built up over such a period of time, knowing full well they were already investigating Whyte for similar.

Same reason why the Health & Safety Executive don't send an official to your house to follow you around shouting "Don't shove your dick in the blender! Don't shove your dick in the blender!" every time you walk into your kitchen.

Would do suggest they should have done youngsy?

Remember as much as it troubles you "Craig Whyte was Rangers".

Stopped oldco Rangers from trading? :rolleyes:

Warned the fans about Whyte? :lol:

And as Willie pointed out, were hmrc due oldco Rangers anything after the attitude they had shown towards hmrc? Remember they went as far as having hmrc employees followed and photographed and given the clubs general attitude of dishonesty and obfuscation towards hmrc I think Rangers and their fans were owed SFA by hmrc.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Same reason why the Health & Safety Executive don't send an official to your house to follow you around shouting "Don't shove your dick in the blender! Don't shove your dick in the blender!" every time you walk into your kitchen.

I thought they did.

Who's that guy in the kitchen then?

Are Rangers fans really saying that HMRC should have forced administration over the WTC sooner?

If they had thought Craig Whyte was a cyclist, they probably would have done...

If they had thought Craig Whyte was a cyclist, they probably would have done...

;)

Edit. Goddam phone put in wrong smilie.

Edited by stonedsailor

Then they'd be bleating about losing the opportunity to settle their debts via the European money ... in short they just want to lay the blame elsewhere as it tarnishes 'the old club's reputation' ... they like to cling onto the myth about them being respected and having dignity.

I'm afraid it really is that simple.

They need to externalise this thing that happened to their club, lest they examine why it could.

Maybe because they thought the club had a board of directors who were responsible to ensure such things would not happen. This was not a wee one man band limited company operated solely by CW. You paint a picture of CW receiving all the correspondence from HMRC and squirreling it away in his briefcase with the directors unaware of the problems like some dumb housewife.

_56126456_1730243.jpg

Then they'd be bleating about losing the opportunity to settle their debts via the European money ... in short they just want to lay the blame elsewhere as it tarnishes 'the old club's reputation' ... they like to cling onto the myth about them being respected and having dignity.

In a nutshell.

Hardly an answer to the question is it. HMRC had a responsibility to the employees to ensure their PAYE & N.I. was paid, allowing the withholding of it for such a long period of time is irresponsible by HMRC, knowing full well that Whyte was under their investigation for similar.

Hardly an answer to the question is it. HMRC had a responsibility to the employees to ensure their PAYE & N.I. was paid, allowing the withholding of it for such a long period of time is irresponsible by HMRC, knowing full well that Whyte was under their investigation for similar.

So Rangers should have been shut down earlier? Possibly ending their season and destroying any chance of a faked rebirth? I couldnt agree more.