Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It is a tad hypocritical for Aird to attack immigrants for having a vote in the Scottish independence referendum, when Aird himself is an immigrant – born in Toronto, Canada.

More than 4.2 million out of the 5.295 million Scottish populace have registered to vote in the independence referendum, making it the largest electorate ever in Scotland. Numbers that certainly make Aird’s comments look ridiculous and ill-informed also.

The 19-year-old had represented Scotland at youth level, but changed allegiances to represent Canada at international level. The midfielder has played 58 times for Rangers scoring ten goals.

That two-faced b*****d and numpty.

It is a tad hypocritical for Aird to attack immigrants for having a vote in the Scottish independence referendum, when Aird himself is an immigrant – born in Toronto, Canada.

That two-faced b*****d and numpty.

Exactly and is why they should not be taken seriously.

Oh look a Rangers player wrote something about Politics. Really who cares what Fraser Aird thinks? Nothing controversial in those comments at all and even less truth.

Sweep sweep.

That's nothing to do with politics. He's displaying a bigoted and narrow minded atitiude.

Blaming immigrants for a Yes vote, Aye? Absolute cretin, no wonder he's voting No.

Sweep sweep.

That's nothing to do with politics. He's displaying a bigoted and narrow minded atitiude.

Blaming immigrants for a Yes vote, Aye? Absolute cretin, no wonder he's voting No.

He is a fucking immigrant himself ... It is unbelievable how people will go out their way to be offended. The guy is a numpty and shouldn't have said anything on the subject but i am not going to get upset about it. In the same way i am not going to get upset at some Gay Hairdresser from Dennistoun voting Yes just so he can go to a better party. Everybody is entitled to vote whatever way they want

Sweep sweep.

He's putting across his opinion and tbh as a Scot living in England who hasn't got a vote in this i have to say there is a valid point that Scots born people living in other parts of the UK are being denied the chance to have a say in the future of their country,whether they still reside there or not. We have East Europeans who are living in Scotland that have no links whatsoever to the country and in all likelihood will return to their home country at some point in time and yet they will have a vote to determine the future of a country that they have no emotional or family ties to in any way. That is fundamentally wrong.

I'm not upset about it, he's obviously a complete cretin as I said.

Voting Yes for a better party is mind numbingly stupid, but it's not the same as the bigoted and pejorative comments Aird has made about immigrants. Bearing in mind these views are no doubt popular with the bigoted section of the Rangers support.

He obviously doesn't consider himself an immigrant, maybe he's just talking about the Polish immigrants or the brown immigrants. Fuckwit.

He's putting across his opinion and tbh as a Scot living in England who hasn't got a vote in this i have to say there is a valid point that Scots born people living in other parts of the UK are being denied the chance to have a say in the future of their country,whether they still reside there or not. We have East Europeans who are living in Scotland that have no links whatsoever to the country and in all likelihood will return to their home country at some point in time and yet they will have a vote to determine the future of a country that they have no emotional or family ties to in any way. That is fundamentally wrong.

Deary me, people living here and paying their taxes have no right to vote on the future of this country? Should we devise a test for the immigrants to see if they can vote? That's almost as bad as saying half those voting no are stupid immigrants who just arrived yesterday don't have a clue what they're on about. Frightening stuff.

That's not what he said though Youngsy, I sympathiser with the Scottish diaspora being voteless for this referendum but his point was unconnected to that. There is something wrong with expressing an opinion if it's as ridiculous and borderline rascist like this is. I imagine at most normal clubs he would be pulled up for these comments and attempts would be made to educate him. Doubt it'll be happening here though.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Look on the bright side.

You can vote YES when England vote on their independence.

As another Scot living in England, you don't have a valid point at all. I left Scotland voluntarily, and my vote has been cast in the last thirty-plus years in local, European and Parliamentary Elections for candidates who represent the areas where I reside. That's how it works. I assume that you were not thrown into exile, either.

Even though the impact of a Yes vote will more than likely be to the detriment of working people in rUK, I still fervently hope that Scotland goes it alone - simply because the UK is broken. Not irretrievably, but only with the possible example of a real democracy on the border might the populace down here believe it can be changed.

Oh, and "we" don't have Eastern Europeans living in Scotland. "We" don't live in Scotland, remember?

Rangers fans and players being xenophobic..

Never though i'd see the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@STVRaman: #Aberdeen report #Celtic's Aleksander Tonev for allegedly racially abusing Shay Logan. http://t.co/7IvnV9xV8w

Glass house's, stones, in, people etc...

As another Scot living in England, you don't have a valid point at all. I left Scotland voluntarily, and my vote has been cast in the last thirty-plus years in local, European and Parliamentary Elections for candidates who represent the areas where I reside. That's how it works. I assume that you were not thrown into exile, either.

Even though the impact of a Yes vote will more than likely be to the detriment of working people in rUK, I still fervently hope that Scotland goes it alone - simply because the UK is broken. Not irretrievably, but only with the possible example of a real democracy on the border might the populace down here believe it can be changed.

Oh, and "we" don't have Eastern Europeans living in Scotland. "We" don't live in Scotland, remember?

Guid post :thumsup2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@STVRaman: #Aberdeen report #Celtic's Aleksander Tonev for allegedly racially abusing Shay Logan. http://t.co/7IvnV9xV8w

Glass house's, stones, in, people etc...

There's other bigots out there, so let's ignore this one, Aye? :1eye

Edited by AberdeenBud

not all Bud, the lesson here is don't take the moral high gorund unless you're squeeky clean but by all emans discuss it.

Aye, sorry I didn't see the post by the Celtic fan taking the high ground.

You weren't at the Killie game yesterday, were you?

Edited by AberdeenBud