Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm genuinely confused by the desire to have King involved.

He was part of the regime that killed your club first time around. He's a convicted fraudster and he didn't bother his arse when he could have bought the assets from Duff & Duffer for 50p and a bag of chips. His attempts to influence or remove the current regime have been futile and pretty pathetic.

Seriously, why on earth would any Rangers fan want him anywhere near your club? I'm prepared to believe he may be somewhat better than the current spivfest, but surely you could set the bar a bit higher?

if you had the choice between Ashley or King , which way would you swing. Just an honest question and would not mind an honest answer

Dave King ffs. :lol:

I can see Ashley going nowhere, this might turn out to be a very profitable enterprise for him. That does mean he'll keep the show on the road though, which is good news for the Bears I suppose. More loans in exchange for what little of the family silver is left?

http://tinyurl.com/dxj43

Jordanes, a Goth writing in Italy in 551, a century after the collapse of the Hunnic Empire, describes the H*ns as a "savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps, a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech."

Spot on IMO

Edited by Guest

If there was a choice between Ashley and King I think I would go with Ashley. He needs a team on the park so that he can keep shifting strips. At least I can see that Ashley benefits to some extent from a successful club.

However, there is clearly another choice. As a Pars fan I can tell you that having the fans in control has made supporting my team more fun and engaging that it has been in my whole lifetime so far.

The real choice is for the fans to walk away and start their own club. The only way the spivs will lose interest is if the golden goose stops laying eggs. It's the fans that keep pumping in the money that the spivs are extracting. You need to make that stop,

if you had the choice between Ashley or King , which way would you swing. Just an honest question and would not mind an honest answer

Ashley. He may be dick, but he's isn't a criminal and he hasn't been buggering about making tissue thin promises from the start. And he wasn't there, pretending he wasn't there, when oldco bit the dust.

Being one of the guys that shoveled the dirt onto the rangers coffin must surely rule him out for you guys. Shirley.

And while I am on the subject Shirley we can't allow this despicable criminal into our game a second time.

not getting ahead of myself or being big headed , just trying to get opinions and different avenues of the subject. Could Ashley see rangers as with more of a stabilty and structure in place as a way to get into Champions league/or at least more consistent european appearances than what he currently has at Newcastle? could this be one of the area's he is looking into ?

again just trying to gain folks opinion , cant be arsed getting into a shitflinging contest just now.

I think in terms of retail potential nuRangers have more to offer Ashley than Newcastle. Why get involved with the actual clumpany though when he has the rights totally sewn up. It'd be a nice little earner, you mob lap up anything with a Union Jack or a picture of the Queen printed on it and as has been established the deal he is acquired from Chucky is heavily weighted in his favour.

I think in terms of retail potential nuRangers have more to offer Ashley than Newcastle. Why get involved with the actual clumpany though when he has the rights totally sewn up. It'd be a nice little earner, you mob lap up anything with a Union Jack or a picture of the Queen printed on it and as has been established the deal he is acquired from Chucky is heavily weighted in his favour.

The obvious reason would be that the company might go under if he doesnt get involved.

Short term Mike Ashley could provide the stability that we need -- Long term i think we'd regret it.

The SFA have stated that he can't own more than 10% of the club and seeing as he already owns one of the larger EPL clubs, i can't see him downsizing to own a Scottish club.

Has he just taken a gamble on seeing if owning or running the retail side of things will pay off for him? Afterall what he's spent on shares is probably loose change to him and if it goes tits up then he canw ash his hands of it

Does he want Rangers as a means of getting the sports direct brand intop Europe, something he can't do with Newcastle (unless he spends really big)

Dave King and co, lots of hot air so far but very little action.

Norman and young angry Aofjays joing Densboys 'we should be allowed to be bigots' crusade.

Some musings on todays going ons.

Short term Mike Ashley could provide the stability that we need -- Long term i think we'd regret it.

The SFA have stated that he can't own more than 10% of the club and seeing as he already owns one of the larger EPL clubs, i can't see him downsizing to own a Scottish club.

Has he just taken a gamble on seeing if owning or running the retail side of things will pay off for him? Afterall what he's spent on shares is probably loose change to him and if it goes tits up then he canw ash his hands of it

Does he want Rangers as a means of getting the sports direct brand intop Europe, something he can't do with Newcastle (unless he spends really big)

Dave King and co, lots of hot air so far but very little action.

Norman and young angry Aofjays joing Densboys 'we should be allowed to be bigots' crusade.

Some musings on todays going ons.

What do you think will be regrettable in the long term under Ashley Bennett?

Wasn't Ashley popular amongst Newcastle fans when he first took over?

I'm also sure i've heard talk that Ashley is happy for Newcastle to finish mid table every season

Hopefully he will be happy for Rangers to finish mid table in the Championship every season as well. :lol:

Wasn't Ashley popular amongst Newcastle fans when he first took over?

I'm also sure i've heard talk that Ashley is happy for Newcastle to finish mid table every season

More a case of he is isn't willing to throw money at Newcastle to see them getting any higher.

I am sure that he had Newcastle up for sale but I don't know if this has changed.

Meltdown material from the five star chump Dhenny.

My nephew is a die hard Rangers supporter and he is Catholic but still uses all the usual Rangers pish agenda towards me, should I be insulted by the bigot or just laugh at him because he is obviously doing it for a rise and a laugh from me ?

I am neither Protestant or Catholic and I'm the first of my whole family not be of a religious persuasion from birth, should I be considered a bigot using such language towards both sets of fans ?

So many questions :lol:

And yet you take money from the church in your employment as a church cleaner. :thumbsdown

Ashley cares about one thing and it ain't Newco or Newcastle... it is making money for himself and the shareholders of Sports Direct.

Newco like Newcastle have a bunch of fans that love nothing more than mincing around in their club branded clothing etc Making Sports Direct a shed load of cash.

He bought Newcastle to get the rights and look at the grief he is getting for it. With Newco he has gotten all the rights without having to buy the whole club and doesn't get the grief. He doesn't want to own the club he just needs enough influence to protect his income stream.

What puzzles me is this belief (hope?) that someone is going to turn up with wads of cash to invest and take Rangers into the stratosphere.

One thing that everyone seems to ignore is that there is no money in Scottish Football, none whatsoever, all Rangers can hope for is a measly million or two for winning the SPL and a potential, but far from guaranteed, £10m or so for getting to the group stages of the CL.

Newcastle ARE guaranteed to get three or four times that just for maintaining their mid-table position in the EPL.

Why is Ashley interetsed in Rangers, it certainly cant be from a financial viewpoint.

There's a profit stream to be had from Rangers' fans. Also, although prize / TV money is not great in Scottish Football, it is / could be virtually guaranteed for The Old Firm, with Champions League cash a bonus. If you're clever with money, get a talented young manager in, run a proper youth system, you could get Rangers International finishing 1st or 2nd in the Premiership with comparatively little outlay. Newcastle generate a lot of cash but it is very expensive to maintain English Premiership mid-table year after year. Rangers could be run on a comparative shoestring.

What do you think will be regrettable in the long term under Ashley Bennett?

All of Newcastles retail profits go to him, i believe that Nufc owe him over £100m, sports direct and profit for him are all that matters and not the club/s.

It's well known that the Newcastle fans hate him and i won't go into his use of zero contracts in his shops.

Tbh he's a fanny.

All of Newcastles retail profits go to him, i believe that Nufc owe him over £100m, sports direct and profit for him are all that matters and not the club/s.It's well known that the Newcastle fans hate him and i won't go into his use of zero contracts in his shops.Tbh he's a fanny.

Interesting if nothing else , tbh I am not so clued up on him so just trying to research others opinions and will have a look into him more throughout the night . Always knew him and the Geordies had a rocky relationship but never really understood the ins and outs of it al. but cheers for the info anyway Bennett.