Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wasn't Ashley popular amongst Newcastle fans when he first took over?

I'm also sure i've heard talk that Ashley is happy for Newcastle to finish mid table every season

More a case of he is isn't willing to throw money at Newcastle to see them getting any higher.

I am sure that he had Newcastle up for sale but I don't know if this has changed.

Meltdown material from the five star chump Dhenny.

My nephew is a die hard Rangers supporter and he is Catholic but still uses all the usual Rangers pish agenda towards me, should I be insulted by the bigot or just laugh at him because he is obviously doing it for a rise and a laugh from me ?

I am neither Protestant or Catholic and I'm the first of my whole family not be of a religious persuasion from birth, should I be considered a bigot using such language towards both sets of fans ?

So many questions :lol:

And yet you take money from the church in your employment as a church cleaner. :thumbsdown

Ashley cares about one thing and it ain't Newco or Newcastle... it is making money for himself and the shareholders of Sports Direct.

Newco like Newcastle have a bunch of fans that love nothing more than mincing around in their club branded clothing etc Making Sports Direct a shed load of cash.

He bought Newcastle to get the rights and look at the grief he is getting for it. With Newco he has gotten all the rights without having to buy the whole club and doesn't get the grief. He doesn't want to own the club he just needs enough influence to protect his income stream.

What puzzles me is this belief (hope?) that someone is going to turn up with wads of cash to invest and take Rangers into the stratosphere.

One thing that everyone seems to ignore is that there is no money in Scottish Football, none whatsoever, all Rangers can hope for is a measly million or two for winning the SPL and a potential, but far from guaranteed, £10m or so for getting to the group stages of the CL.

Newcastle ARE guaranteed to get three or four times that just for maintaining their mid-table position in the EPL.

Why is Ashley interetsed in Rangers, it certainly cant be from a financial viewpoint.

There's a profit stream to be had from Rangers' fans. Also, although prize / TV money is not great in Scottish Football, it is / could be virtually guaranteed for The Old Firm, with Champions League cash a bonus. If you're clever with money, get a talented young manager in, run a proper youth system, you could get Rangers International finishing 1st or 2nd in the Premiership with comparatively little outlay. Newcastle generate a lot of cash but it is very expensive to maintain English Premiership mid-table year after year. Rangers could be run on a comparative shoestring.

What do you think will be regrettable in the long term under Ashley Bennett?

All of Newcastles retail profits go to him, i believe that Nufc owe him over £100m, sports direct and profit for him are all that matters and not the club/s.

It's well known that the Newcastle fans hate him and i won't go into his use of zero contracts in his shops.

Tbh he's a fanny.

All of Newcastles retail profits go to him, i believe that Nufc owe him over £100m, sports direct and profit for him are all that matters and not the club/s.It's well known that the Newcastle fans hate him and i won't go into his use of zero contracts in his shops.Tbh he's a fanny.

Interesting if nothing else , tbh I am not so clued up on him so just trying to research others opinions and will have a look into him more throughout the night . Always knew him and the Geordies had a rocky relationship but never really understood the ins and outs of it al. but cheers for the info anyway Bennett.

Interesting if nothing else , tbh I am not so clued up on him so just trying to research others opinions and will have a look into him more throughout the night . Always knew him and the Geordies had a rocky relationship but never really understood the ins and outs of it al. but cheers for the info anyway Bennett.

for having 6.647 posts and a back history on BRALT of entanglement on many extended,intricate and convoluted debates, your faux-innocent 'I'm not clued up on this guy or that guy' recent postings are quite amusing.

Has the half million raised via the RFFF been used to help the clumpany or is the money just sitting in someone's bank account for the last 2 years

forever_blue isn't that clued up on that particular aspect, but will stay on-line all night researching and will get back to us lol

You fancy writing my life story for me?

I'll try :)

Forever_blue.

Born 1995 (guess).

Supported a team until he was 17.

That team died.

He changed allegiance to a new team, and has supported them since 2012.

His living room window has a 'lemony with a hint of flyspray' hint about it.

PayPal for royalties please, a cheque is frowned upon.

I'll try :)

Forever_blue.

Born 1995 (guess).

Supported a team until he was 17.

That team died.

He changed allegiance to a new team, and has supported them since 2012.

His living room window has a 'lemony with a hint of flyspray' hint about it.

Has never at any stage in his life shared a broadband connection in a bed'n'breakfast...

PayPal for royalties please, a cheque is frowned upon.

Mike Ashley isn't stupid, if he gets everything that is Rangers by image he knows if this club goes tits up he'll stand to make a fortune selling Rangers related products to the plebs that are the Rangers support with the next cloned incarnation the associations are getting ready to fart out once this club dies.

The only problem when cloning the club again is who will own what ?, Will the RIFC PLC own the assets and Ashley the trading rights and images ?. There's a nice sewn up partnership right there that can't be broken when the club dies. They know some stupid person or group will try to reclone the club but will come up against a brick wall with where to play their football and having to agree to some other entity owning the trading rights to become A Rangers FC once again apparently over 140 years old. :lol:

Can you imagine the out roar from the Blue Plebs knowing that some other entity owns parts of the club and will hold the new cloned club to ransom to become A Rangers FC once again ? :lol: