Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

'We cannot risk going to Celtic Park and being battered 6-0.

'We can’t start losing 3-1 to Hibs and Aberdeen and accepting it.

'Saying, "we are in a period of adjustment, it’s not too bad a season," is not an option. It’s totally unacceptable.'

Definitely sounds like the voice of a man concerned about sustainability imo.

I think the leaked emails and voice recordings show this is simply not the case.

Those weren't released till after the sale. How would they have any bearing on OldCo fans organising themselves before the sale?

Oh I get it, it's a flimsy excuse for inaction, which has no merit whatsoever.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

The fans Walked AWAY from helping there club as soon as administration was called, shouting we are the people, its the SFA's fault were in this mess. Unbelieveable attitude to have.

At least they started supporting a new club in 2012, but they seem to be getting fed up or its just no the same supporting the new team.

Wonder if Ashley is thinking of changing the name of the team to Sports Direct FC. Would be class for the comedy value

Revisionist pysh!

OldCo fans spent their time fighting perceived enemies, and didn't do the constructive stuff. They could have got behind the Blue Knights.

What OldCo fans actually did was blindly welcome Charlie Chuckles with open arms. They loved his empty rhetoric, they loved his stupid lies and Rangersitis.

The fact was, they were so intent on having confrontations, that they couldn't be bothered to try and do the constructive. Bill Miller gave two reasons for pulling his £11m investment, 1) The club was a financial basket-case. 2) He received 'vitriolic' abuse. Now I'm pretty sure he's quite thick skinned, but OldCo fans were just not worth the effort.

Here's CHUCKIE being booed er no...... adored.

Edited by aDONisSheep

Those weren't released till after the sale. How would they have any bearing on OldCo fans organising themselves before the sale?

Oh I get it, it's a flimsy excuse for inaction, which has no merit whatsoever.

Yours

aDONis

Without sounding like I'm backing Tedi up here, I have to say that co-ordinating ANYTHING within that fanbase would pretty much be impossible so disparate are their views and beliefs.

The only thing common between them all is their desire to attach themselves to success through the efforts of others.

They range from the rabidly Protestant/Orange orders through to the Turn up and cheer or jeer Brigade and a whole range of groups across the median of that spectrum. For the more extreme elements, the idea of walking away would be admission of defeat and they would, not only not do that themselves, they would, and were, extremely vocal to others who might suggest or attempt to organise it

I've mentioned this before.... their very size of the support is beneficial financially but unworkable politically.

i believe under ashley , mcoist will be gone in the next few weeks. I thought today was maybe a bit soon but I just have a feeling Ashley will want rid of mcoist

Maybe he'll offer The Rangers another loan to pay off Ally's contract?

Rangers fans were not to blame for crooked administrators striking a deal with Green and Whyte, this happened long before any mickey mouse sale to the likes of Bill Miller.

You could however argue they are to blame for the blind subservience and deference they offered to a succession of chancers who lumbered up the marble staircase with no other thoughts than getting as much money out of them as possible.

Rangers crowds near record low

Rangers have played in front of their lowest attendances for 53 years this week. Ally McCoist’s side beat Dumbarton in the Championship in front of just 1,850 fans at the Bet Butler stadium. And that was a gate of just 23 more than their midweek success at East Fife’s New Bayview in the Petrofac Training Cup. Remarkably, both games were the first time Rangers had played in front of a crowd of less than 2,000 since 1961, since Rangers faced East German side Vorwarts Berlin in the second round of the European Cup 53 years ago.

Rangers have played in front of their lowest attendances for 53 years this week. Ally McCoist’s side beat Dumbarton in the Championship in front of just 1,850 fans at the Bet Butler stadium. And that was a gate of just 23 more than their midweek success at East Fife’s New Bayview in the Petrofac Training Cup. Remarkably, both games were the first time Rangers had played in front of a crowd of less than 2,000 since 1961, since Rangers faced East German side Vorwarts Berlin in the second round of the European Cup 53 years ago.

They dont do walking away. This is totall nonsense and your lying

We kept getting told that Rangers have no debt? They only issue they have is their costs. I think Ashley will do what is required to get the costs down. My mind has always boggled at the statements made that Rangers need 16 million to win the lower leagues, they don’t of course. Such statements are for the Rangers fans who want to hear the continued sweet mood music that they are world players and need a spending policy to reflect that.

Ashley, now that he has his pawns in place, will look at the player budget and go “You're ‘avin a laugh mate” and get the axe out. His accountant will look at the rest of the Championship clubs and go –this is what you need to get promotion- and it will be a tenth of what they are spending now. Some –if not more than a few of the 10k, 8k weekers will be looking for new clubs come January. Hence why he has only given them 2mil- which will cover costs for a couple of months!

Ashley will simply do what was needed to be done 3 years ago, there will be no warchest, no big spending; no “Rangers Men”. Even another season in the Championship might not be such a big deal for Ashley. Not sure that mood music will be to everyone’s taste down Ibrox though. Coisty will be no doubt come out with some carefully crafted PR puff piece to say he will enjoy working with the new board and looking forward to the new "investment"-while checking the small letters in his contract and sending his CV to Question of Sport...

Without sounding like I'm backing Tedi up here, I have to say that co-ordinating ANYTHING within that fanbase would pretty much be impossible so disparate are their views and beliefs.

The only thing common between them all is their desire to attach themselves to success through the efforts of others.

They range from the rabidly Protestant/Orange orders through to the Turn up and cheer or jeer Brigade and a whole range of groups across the median of that spectrum. For the more extreme elements, the idea of walking away would be admission of defeat and they would, not only not do that themselves, they would, and were, extremely vocal to others who might suggest or attempt to organise it

I've mentioned this before.... their very size of the support is beneficial financially but unworkable politically.

Hearts managed it. They've had a hugely successful direct debit programme.

I'm pretty sure not every Hearts fan was on-board, but Hearts fans in general took positive steps and saved their club. OldCo fans spent their time marching on the BBC and getting flustered about perceived 'enemies'.

It was just all too difficult for one of the sets of fans. They would rather be fed shyte about healthy balance sheets, rhetoric about punishing diddies by not joining the SPL, warchests, day-glo kits and Champions League ambitions.

Yours

aDONis

Can't see McCoist getting the heave ho, that would be about a quarter of the MASH loan gone straight away.

That loan will be gone by december, then Mr ashley will issue a new loan to secure Ibrox. Then he will own everything lock stock and 2 smoking barrells. For the pricley some of about 5 million.

A quarter of what the fans pumped in for the share issue(fcecking worthless shares to boot). After everything that has happen over the last few years(from 2012) regarding the money thats been shifted through this new team, I,m gobsmacked as to how the fraud squad has not been sifting through there accounts. They have spent near 100m in 3 years and are in danger of going into administration, and they have not even paid for a player as yet.

sorry but these are away games , there was as much fans their as these grounds could allocate, the rangers ends were full with some fans in the home ends?

@STVGrant: Easdale: Ally McCoist is the manager and we have no ideas of changing the manager.

.... However, if he were to resign ... cannot stand in the way of his career progression ... grateful for his magnificent contributions as a player and manager over many years ... he takes with him our good wishes ...

So how is Ashley upped his power if he isn't allowed over 10% or whatever it was? I don't see how loaning them a few quid gives him the keys to the place?

His 8.9% of shares now include The albion car park and edminston house and ibrox by January 15. He can own all the property but still only have 8.9% of the shares. Rangers are in deep shiite, I actaully think they are worse of now than just before they were liquidated.

MA will keep the assests if it goes tits up FACT. He is probably on the phone negoiating a deal right now with ASDA or TESCO.