Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Everton also had an affiliate club in Dublin for many years - once called Everton, now Home Farm. Not drawing from a masive unionist population in north Dublin!

They may well have 'unionists' amongst their support - given that most English people support the union that is hardly surprising. I don't think that makes them a 'loyalist' club though.

So because both teams have large Irish followings Everton don't have a loyalist section that follows them. Looks like my Scouser friend who actually lived in Liverpool and mixed with such people is proven wrong.

The notion that Everton had or has a large loyalist following is absolute nonsense since Everton historically were the team in Liverpool that had the biggest Catholic support in the city. The lines became blurred in the 1960's with Liverpool's steady rise to greatness. The fact that Everton play in blue and Liverpool sing " you'll never walk alone"no doubt confuses people up here. It does seem strange given their backgrounds that Celtic fans feel a connection with Liverpool and Rangers have had a fairly long association with Everton, ironic really. Edited by Nipper

The notion that Everton had or has a large loyalist following is absolute nonsense since Everton historically were the team in Liverpool that had the biggest Catholic support in the city. The lines became blurred in the 1960's with Liverpool's steady rise to greatness. The fact that Everton play in blue and Liverpool sing " you'll never walk alone"no doubt confuses people up here. It does seem strange given their backgrounds that Celtic fans feel a connection with Liverpool and Rangers have had a fairly long association with Everton, ironic really.

Does Everton's not also have a chapel within it's structure?

Does Everton's not also have a chapel within it's structure?

No.

There is a pretty decent Flute Band with Everton in their name.

I don't remember ever saying Everton were a Loyalist club but within the Loyalist community of Liverpool they are the team most of them follow.

If McDowall has 'reluctantly' taken charge of the first team why doesn't he tell the board he's changed his mind, given that in addition to McCoist being placed on gardening leave the other part of their 3 man team has now been reduced to running the under 20's then barred from the club for a period of time?

Refusing to do your duties can lead to him being dismissed ... whether or not the club want rid of him is debatable. They are trying to get of Durrant it seems.

It maybe short term until they can free up wages for a manager to step in ... Who knows.

Shortage of cash and McCoist's willingness to bleed dry the 'club' he professes to love is highly entertaining though.

He's employed to be assistant manager. I'd imagine that means he can't be forced to take what is in effect a promotion.

If they wanted rid if he declined to play the game he'd surely have to be paid his money?

Jackson still twittering on about Rangers' mess casting a shadow across the Scottish game I see, before he goes on to dismantle his own case by proving that it's really only Celtic that have been adversely affected.

I also enjoyed his suggestion that difficulties only began with Whyte, thus ignoring that only the ridiculous, suicidal management of Murray and friends, allowed him to get anywhere near the place.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I also enjoyed his suggestion that difficulties only began with Whyte, thus ignoring that only the ridiculous, suicidal management of Murray and friends, allowed him to get anywhere near the place.

Only the HMRC tax bill kept others from investing in 2012.

Rangers bank debt had been halved to under £18 million when Murray was forced to sell. That debt was easily manageable if the right people had been able to invest.

Only the HMRC tax bill kept others from investing in 2012.

Rangers bank debt had been halved to under £18 million when Murray was forced to sell. That debt was easily manageable if the right people had been able to invest.

And that HMRC tax bill had nothing to do with those in charge of the club then?

Please don't answer by telling me the verdict reached on it. I already know it and it changes nothing regarding the suicidal running of the club under Murray.

Keith Jackson: As Rangers stagger into another year they are also entering the eye of a potentially devastating storm

AS Rangers hit rock bottom, KEITH looks back at another nightmare year for the Ibrox club and warns that 2015 could be even worse.

Only the names and the faces change but the crisis which these men have bestowed upon this club remains constant, as does the shadow it casts across the landscape of the Scottish game.

Hey Keith - 'rangers' and Celtic are NOT 'The Landscape of the Scottish game.' And they seem to be the only ones suffering.

. It’s as if they exist now only to humiliate themselves.

Cracking line that............ :)

It was four years ago that Craig Whyte began battering on the doors of the boardroom and ever since his pointy buckled shoes first stepped across the threshold, the place has become a sanctuary for scoundrels.

Glossing over the Uber-scoundrel that was Sir David Murray. The root cause of the entire clusterfuck

Is it any wonder that for many Rangers fans the actual football has long since become an irrelevance?

The football always was a bit of a side show for a significant flute band percentage of the support. Again if you dig deeper this can be seen as another root cause.

Edited by Ken Fitlike

And that HMRC tax bill had nothing to do with those in charge of the club then? Please don't answer by telling me the verdict reached on it. I already know it and it changes nothing regarding the suicidal running of the club under Murray.

Using a LEGAL tax loophole was not 'suicidal running of the club'. 5000 other companies used this same method of tax avoidance including many other football clubs such as Arsenal and Chelsea. Both these clubs were allowed to settle for around 10% of what HMRC said they owed. HMRC refused to settle with Rangers and pursued them and are still pursuing them for what? They did not act any differently than these English clubs..Where was Salmond when a Scottish company was being treated differently from English companies for the same 'offence'?

Using a LEGAL tax loophole was not 'suicidal running of the club'. 5000 other companies used this same method of tax avoidance including many other football clubs such as Arsenal and Chelsea. Both these clubs were allowed to settle for around 10% of what HMRC said they owed. HMRC refused to settle with Rangers and pursued them and are still pursuing them for what? They did not act any differently than these English clubs..Where was Salmond when a Scottish company was being treated differently from English companies for the same 'offence'?

So you are fixating on the verdict anyway? Thought you might.

Personally, I think that such tax behaviour for big football clubs is morally disgusting and I think it's absolutely delightful that despite being deemed legal, it's the thing that effectively still managed to kill Rangers.

The fact is that the scheme was legally borderline enough to ensure nobody reputable would touch them.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Maybe Murray's contemptuous non-co-operation with the Revenue led to a hardening of attitude in the Rangers case. Other clubs worked out their situations.

So you are fixating on the verdict anyway? Thought you might.

Personally, I think that such tax behaviour for big football clubs is morally disgusting and I think it's absolutely delightful that despite being deemed legal, it's the thing that effectively still managed to kill Rangers.

The fact is that the scheme was legally borderline enough to ensure nobody reputable would touch them.

Deary me. It is morally disgusting for a company to legally pay as little tax as possible but it is morally delightful to watch a company be liquidated and for people to lose their jobs. :1eye

Maybe Murray's contemptuous non-co-operation with the Revenue led to a hardening of attitude in the Rangers case. Other clubs worked out their situations.

Or maybe HMRC wanted to make an example of a large football club so that they could set a precedence when chasing other clubs for what they believed they owed. With Rangers they could do this and get headline news without upsetting the anybody in the English Premier League.