Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You genuinely believe this do you?? I'm sure the last few years have shown, that the SFA will bend over backwards to accommodate the new incarnation of the once mighty Glasgow Rangers.

ETA - Is he not facing a 10k fine for his current infringement on SFA policy. I'm sure that'll put a dent in his £3.5 billion

The SFA board have already blocked him despite many on here saying they would roll over.

The new compliance officer has also brought forward notice of complaints.

Remember who is on the SFA board.

I am not so sure about these 'onerous contracts' did Somers not confirm they could just be ripped up?

He did but I'm not sure how much faith we can have in Somers ramblings, also we've no idea what sort of shenanigans green and co have been up to. Hopefully a new board can get things sorted and in the future we get back to talking about the fitba.

I tend to look on a worst case scenario at times.

It'll be interesting to see how Ashley reacts to this if he deems it as a hostile move towards his investment and influence

There's f**k all Ashley can do, the pantomine "ruthless Behemoth" has been beaten by the local lads.

For this Rangers fan it never has had anything to do with the results, the same for most other fans I know

Very noble and, since you surely know your supporters better than I do, you may even be right.

On the other hand, it's very noticeable that Rangers (the business) was also and obviously being plundered by a bunch of pocket-stuffing thieves back when e.g. you were skooshing the old Third Division, and the crowds held up very well. You'll remember there was a lot of talk about it - plenty of bragging and GIRUY about record-breaking attendances, in fact.

Now that you're routinely getting pumped, there's been a huge, precipitous fall-off in attendance.

Maybe it's just that it's taken this long for the extent of the robbery to sink in, but it is a noticeable coincidence that the walking away began not with the thievery, but with the embarrassing scorelines.

Norms lengthy post which is a bit long for my tablet

Of course Rangers can be successful again in the long term but there are a fair few hurdles in the way before that can happen.

Onerous contracts will mean either extreme cloth cutting, additional finance or a mixture of the two.

Getting the fans back onside and filling Ibrox will need a lot of openness and transparency.

Getting control of the club -- the first step has been made but it's a long road and it won't be east.

Rebuilding the team -- thanks to Ally there is a lot of work to do including restructuring the scouting and coaching systems. At best we'll have another season in the 2nd tier then a few years in the top tier working on the team.

Celtic have lost fans due to a lot of them not being so interested in the league games - the reason why they need to sell players..

Edit spacing between sentences

Maybe you could define what you mean as "successful"?

As you say, celtic are losing fans hand over fist. Too well-resourced for the SPFL but, obviously, not well enough to be genuinely competitive in Europe. How would the rangers be any different?

Is this " success " you see in the future a return to a handful of games offering nothing but bragging rights over one other team's fans? Your lot's situation is skewed by the GIRFUY factor, but your mates' ST sales have certainly dropped because of one specific factor.

I think the rest of us should be thankful if your vision of the future turns out, as I believe it will, to be hopelessly optimistic. Not because of any disdain we feel for the Sisters and their fans, but out of love for the game as a while.

Just read the news. Happy new year lads.

Looks like we'll be seeing a well functioning, competitive Rangers in the New Year. I can almost taste the seethe from the diddies.

Ho ho ho.

Would that be the news about your best prospect leaving for a bigger team?

If and it's a fairly big if, this new group of fans can get a controlling stake in the club then hopefully we'll see the fans filling Ibrox again and the start of some sensible arrangements for running things on and off the park. Another season in the 2nd tier, hopefully hibs go up with hearts and we are in good shape to challenge next season.

2ntwwas.jpg

If and it's a fairly big if, this new group of fans can get a controlling stake in the club then hopefully we'll see the fans filling Ibrox again and the start of some sensible arrangements for running things on and off the park. Another season in the 2nd tier, hopefully hibs go up with hearts and we are in good shape to challenge next season.

2ntwwas.jpg

We won the SFL1 title without losing a game, the board signed a few has been legends yet the crowds have been shite all season, ST sales were down 15K.

Down 15k from world record-breaking attendances, though - still pulling in large crowds by Scottish standards.

You're lucky if you're getting fifteen thousand punters away from fvck-all, this season.

Like I say, maybe you're right, and it's the off-field shenanigans. Or maybe, just possibly, there's some kind of link between the regularity of defeats and The People's desire to watch them.

Very noble and, since you surely know your supporters better than I do, you may even be right.

On the other hand, it's very noticeable that Rangers (the business) was also and obviously being plundered by a bunch of pocket-stuffing thieves back when e.g. you were skooshing the old Third Division, and the crowds held up very well. You'll remember there was a lot of talk about it - plenty of bragging and GIRUY about record-breaking attendances, in fact.

Now that you're routinely getting pumped, there's been a huge, precipitous fall-off in attendance.

Maybe it's just that it's taken this long for the extent of the robbery to sink in, but it is a noticeable coincidence that the walking away began not with the thievery, but with the embarrassing scorelines.

Spot on

When green took over it was reported that 9 thousand season ticket holders never renewed, yet a record number of season tickets were sold.

Fans are in my opinion staying away due to boardroom pilfering/dodgy dealings rather than poor football. Boardroom going ons have been at the forefront for a while.