Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You may not be far off the Ashley masterplan with that. They need £8m to reach end of season (when they will be praying for a large uptake in season ticket sales to keep the charade going). Ashley loans them £10m in return for security on Moonbeams Park and the Poundland Stadium. Easdale is owed £500k, to be repaid by April. Ashley is owed £3m, to be repaid by April. £10m less £3m less another £0.5m equals only £6.5m. So looks like early April is the time Sevco pot will run dry, and Ashley will not only own the shirts, but the Milngavie Gym & Sports Complex, and the leaking, crumbling, falling down Govan Mordor. Rangers slipped into a coma on Valentines Day, before the life support was switched off and they died less than 6 months later. Looks like Good Friday may be a date to put in our diaries, as the day Sevco defaults, and slips into its coma, with Mike Ashleys finger then hovering over the life support on-off switch of Sevco.

Again, why would he want to do that (just let the club fold) ?? What would be the point of that from both a football & a business perspective?

From a kind soul (not a lost soul) on KDS .. a round up of the feelings on the swamp ...

OK...................so far on FF, the general consensus is:-

1. It's time we stood up to his mob as a support (bit late mibbe?)

2. I'm disgusted

3. I'm disgusted too

4. I'm more disgusted than you and what's more I'm a bit sad about it all

5. I'm also disgusted and I'll no go back to Ibrox

6. Why can't a really rich fan just lend the money with no security? (No, I'm not kidding)

7. Where's ra deeds?

8. Where's ra deeds and the egm?

9. Where's ra deeds, egm and Dave King?

10 Where's ra deeds, egm, Dave King and Douglas Park?

11. I don't like the Easdales

12. I don't like Charles Green

13. I don't like Craig Whyte

14. What's a deed of novation?

15. Invade the pitch on Friday

16. Invade the pitch at Hampden

17. It's a declaration of war.

Novation? Is that one of them Latin rite thingummybobs?

Again, why would he want to do that (just let the club fold) ?? What would be the point of that from both a football & a business perspective?

Some things are worth more dead than alive?

Well he would have the assets for when the 3rd version appears in June / July and needs a training ground and a stadium to play in..... it'll cost them say £ 2 million a year in rent + 10% of all tickets......... he has his cash back in no time

Edit to state: That's assuming Rangers have the assets to offer security against

Edited by thenolly

If he just wanted to expand his real estate portfolio there must be easier gigs out there than Ibrox.or Auchenhowie for that matter.

True, but he might not have the purported owners of those properties by the short hairs.

True, but he might not have the purported owners of those properties by the short hairs.

That's also very true or so it seems, but I still don't buy that his plan to achieve this has been in place all along.

What a f*ckin hassle for a £return that would be dwarfed by his other business interests and reported wealth.

It just doesn't make sense.

If he just wanted to expand his real estate portfolio there must be easier gigs out there than Ibrox.or Auchenhowie for that matter.

Maybe he just enjoys the challenge,as of yet I doubt anyone outwith Ashley actually knows what his final game plan is to be. Maybe he doesn't even know it yet himself.

This loan upon loan is hilarious.

MA lends them £10M.

Immediately asked for the £3M he already owed back.

THEM are now £7M better off,

Except for the £10M they owe,

With a new clock ticking and the keys to the big hoose lodged against it.

So fucked its unbelievable PMSL

Is it a football AND business perspective? It's not necessarily both. Mike Ashley clearly has a plan. And several alternatives if he can't get his plan A to work. Who knows for sure what his plan(s) is. He is one for playing the long game (he can afford to easily), keeping his cards close to his chest, out manoeuvring all and sundry, and will get his way ultimately.
Some things are worth more dead than alive?
There's one reason.
Well he would have the assets for when the 3rd version appears in June / July and needs a training ground and a stadium to play in..... it'll cost them say £ 2 million a year in rent + 10% of all tickets......... he has his cash back in no time
And another.Plenty more (football, or property related, they don't necessarily need to go hand in hand) potential outcomes that Ashley is working towards.One thing for sure, is Ashleys endgame will only become apparent to Sevco zombies once Ashley has all his knights, queen and other pieces in place exactly where he wants them and he can call checkmark, and the games over for all challengers, and Ashley is the winner (with potentially Whyte and Green emerging from shadows as his sidekicks who paved the way for him to own Sevco lock stock and barrel).

1 A good businessman always does risk assessment and has contingency plans.

2. His original plan was sabotaged by an ungrateful bears support and the uppity king trying to muscle in on the cheap.

He could be hacked off and decided to resort to a fallback plan ...

Nobody is really stating this was his one and only gameplan all along ... but he is certainly playing a blinder and has all the moves covered.

Exactly

Correct.

However

1 A good businessman always does risk assessment and has contingency plans.

2. His original plan was sabotaged by an ungrateful bears support and the uppity king trying to muscle in on the cheap.

He could be hacked off and decided to resort to a fallback plan ...

Nobody is really stating this was his one and only gameplan all along ... but he is certainly playing a blinder and has all the moves covered.

I do get where you are coming from though ... hope springs eternal.

I think doing a risk assessment on Rangers as it stands and all that has happened since its formation is one hell of a job. That is why MA saw it so important to get Llambias and Leach in the door. They will still be digging their way through all the crap finding out what is there and especially what could jump up and bite them on the bum. Would guess they will have a squad working on the detail down in Sports Direct HO or wherever.

Perhaps?? Take Ashley on at your peril. Must be a few skeletons to unearth at castle Ibrox.

Whistleblower

Ashley turned whistleblower on industry rivals in 2000, handing the Office of Fair Trading evidence of business meetings held by sports retailers to fix the price of football shirts. Ashley attended a meeting at the Cheshire home of David Hughes, the chairman of now bankrupt rival Allsports. At the meeting Dave Whelan, the founder of JJB Sports, reportedly told Ashley: "There's a club in the north son, and you're not part of it."

Assuming Ashley provides money and gets security over any assets against that loan, you can be totally sure that as long as a single pound remains outstanding on the loan, the assets will remain in Ashley's hands.

If Ashley is handing over money he won't be keen on a company that burns money having it. The culls must happen soon, with staff going out the door to reduce running costs. That must include players as they will be at the top of the payroll spreadsheet!