Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Celtic advert - un-necessary shite. RST statement - shite, in response to shite. Leeds blog - just fcuk off and shut up with yer' shite. Time for a cuppa' - might even have a chocolate Hob Nob.

This.

I don't suppose the fact that Celtic put out the mighty Leeds from European cup (many, many years ago) has anything to do with this rant?

I realise it gets confusing when being constantly bombarded with false propaganda but they were not "re-admitted".

They were "admitted". New club, first timers, new kids on the block, etc, etc.

I know that the authorities now consider them to be a 'continuation' (abomination, more like) but that was after the event.

A 'new club' was admitted, at the time.

You're right.

They found themselves in the bottom tier, not on the back of being put down there, but on the back of being let in, having been refused entry at two higher levels.

I'm less hung up on the notion of a new club than many though. I'm happy to accept a version of continuity, so long as it's recognised as not having been seamless.

I'm therefore happy enough to refer to a re-admittance. Technically though, it's true that the 're' part is redundant.

This.

I don't suppose the fact that Celtic put out the mighty Leeds from European cup (many, many years ago) has anything to do with this rant?

Rangers pumped them too though, in the Hateley era?

Who knows? Anything that trots out the 'Scottish football needs this fixture, needs it in rude health' line, is automatically only worthy of instant disdain. I mean, in the same blog, they actually say something like Rangers were once part of the 'top two cartel' - indeed they were, with no-one breaking that in a Championship winning sense for a quarter of a century.... So, just why Scottish football 'needs' that to return is of course absolute bollocks.

When Leeds won the title under Howard Wilkinson, what English football REALLY needed were massively huge Manchester United and Liverpool sides carving the whole thing up between them for twenty five years.

Fcuk off, daft Leeds cnuts.

Can't believe The Kincardine is getting as much attention as he's getting here. He's not even able to answer ANY of the points in the post that he's got an issue with. All he's done is issue insults and basically say "its shit lol", so why give the time of day to the middle aged immature w**k?

I think the technically correct term is "auld".

I don't bother with the tedious fucker much now. He's basically Bennett with a slightly better command of the english language.

nae greenies left :)

You're right. They found themselves in the bottom tier, not on the back of being put down there, but on the back of being let in, having been refused entry at two higher levels. I'm less hung up on the notion of a new club than many though. I'm happy to accept a version of continuity, so long as it's recognised as not having been seamless. I'm therefore happy enough to refer to a re-admittance. Technically though, it's true that the 're' part is redundant.

OK :P

Leeds fans of my acquaintance display quite a lot in common with those who follow the rangers. A view, not shared outside of their circle, that they are "a massive club", an inability to recognise that the world has moved on, and an unfounded belief that " they " are out to get their beloved club. They still talk about a massive rivalry with Man U, when in reality today's match against Huddersfield is more realistically described thus. Meanwhile Man U are not the team they were, but still regularly attract three or four times as many fans as the "Mighty Whites".

Qualifier - I have had a soft spot for Leeds since the early seventies, but honestly, some of their fans can be dicks. One of the least supportive groups of supporters I've come across, as well. Oh, there's another similarity...

Yet more reality from south of the Border

I think I preferred this "We may be absolutely shocking at football but we're still pure the bestest" stuff when it was all about world-record-breaking record attendances for the biggest and best bit of going to a football match ever.

The kind of tragic patter in that clip isn't even funny - just deadly, deathly dull.

Edited by flyingrodent

Yet more reality from south of the Border

Aye, Tedi, very good. Quite correct that nobody can erase rangers' history.

Most of us realise that you can't buy it, either, or claim it arbitrarily and expect rational people to accept the claim.

Tell us again how you're not bothered about tomorrow, now - that makes me chuckle.