Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

:o

Think I need to go lie down.

Tedi I have always said that I give my opinion as I see it. Rangers played a blinder here and for the first time, whether or not it was meant, they have done something which may benefit other clubs, as well as themselves, in the future.

Maybe this new regime will be good for the rest of the Scottish game, I severely doubt it but there is hope.

MT is a thoroughly decent individual.. Sometimes he gets sucked in to saying stuff against his will by his grey and green pals.

I doubt if Monkey Tennis is ever coerced into saying anything against his will by other posters.

Tedi I have always said that I give my opinion as I see it. Rangers played a blinder here and for the first time, whether or not it was meant, they have done something which may benefit other clubs, as well as themselves, in the future.

Maybe this new regime will be good for the rest of the Scottish game, I severely doubt it but there is hope.

How will this benefit other clubs in the future?

If and I really do emphasise the word IF Rangers get through then Hibs fan will benefit and IF Rangers get passed hibs then Motherwell fans will benefit.

It could also be argued that Rangers have shown a way for Hibs to give their fans a good deal whilst staying within the rules when it comes to setting prices for their home game and likewise Motherwell, I am sure these clubs would have come up with such a non rule breaking crowd pleasing system all by themselves though.

I agree that this is brilliant for fans I'm just not seeing how it's beneficial to clubs. Half the gate is meant to go to other clubs as part of the merger agreement between sfl clubs and spl clubs. Cheaper tickets means less money for everybody, your club included.

Sort of agree but the main beneficiaries are those clubs that receive these parachute payments and this to me seems like being rewarded for failure and gaining an instant undeserved advantage over the clubs who are in the lower division.

I just do not believe in a parachute payments. As a Rangers fan i am opening myself up to all sorts of abuse here but relegated clubs should be prepared to cut their cloth accordingly.

I also disagree with parachute payments but regardless of what anyone charges for the playoffs the value of the parachute payments will be the same (unless the spfl made bugger all money). So this has a larger effect on the non-relegated teams.

I think there are separate issues that I'd like to address;

One: PlasticRangers FC £5 tickets. I think this is a good thing, on several levels. First and foremost, it's a good deal for fans. I understand that people are getting upset about the opportunity revenues that the "SPFL" are supposedly missing out on, but I think their gripes are a bit purile nee petty. I was in support of PlasticRangers previous proposal, but I think this one is even better, because it allows the club to recover it's costs.

Two: Parachute payments. Whilst I agree that they give the relegated club an advantage (especially in the first year of relegation), I do view them as necessary. In general a clubs cost base won't/can't shrink as quickly as the loss of revenue it (the club) suffers on relegation. Parachute payments are there to provide a little more stability, during that transition period.

I for one, wouldn't want to see the death of more clubs because of one bad season that ends in relegation.

Yours

aDONis

I think there are separate issues that I'd like to address;

One: PlasticRangers FC £5 tickets. I think this is a good thing, on several levels. First and foremost, it's a good deal for fans. I understand that people are getting upset about the opportunity revenues that the "SPFL" are supposedly missing out on, but I think their gripes are a bit purile nee petty. I was in support of PlasticRangers previous proposal, but I think this one is even better, because it allows the club to recover it's costs.

Two: Parachute payments. Whilst I agree that they give the relegated club an advantage (especially in the first year of relegation), I do view them as necessary. In general a clubs cost base won't/can't shrink as quickly as the loss of revenue it (the club) suffers on relegation. Parachute payments are there to provide a little more stability, during that transition period.

I for one, wouldn't want to see the death of more clubs because of one bad season that ends in relegation.

Yours

aDONis

I keep seeing stuff like this. The money is distributed throughout all the clubs it's not like the SPFL board use it to go on a piss-up. All the clubs voted on this as well and I certainly don't remember anyone whining at the time. Now wanting clubs to honour something they democratically agreed to is suddenly puerile or petty? Gimmie a break.

Still waiting on Stoney explaining why democracy is "disgusting" or how having less money is beneficial.

Parachute payments are only "rewarding failure" if they're viewed in isolation from everything else.

And the kind of clubs (hi there St Mirren) that usually get them are the kind that generally make up the playoff line ups.

So over time you'll tend to get out roughly what you put in. Crucially you'll get it when you need it most

I agree that this is brilliant for fans I'm just not seeing how it's beneficial to clubs. Half the gate is meant to go to other clubs as part of the merger agreement between sfl clubs and spl clubs. Cheaper tickets means less money for everybody, your club included.

Fitba n my opinion should be about the fans, for far too long fans have been forgotten about and as was previously said .. Hopefully other play off clubs run with similar pricing for their fans.

Also we are reportedly skint yet we are just doing enough to cover costs here but putting our fans and other fans first.

I keep seeing stuff like this. The money is distributed throughout all the clubs it's not like the SPFL board use it to go on a piss-up. All the clubs voted on this as well and I certainly don't remember anyone whining at the time. Now wanting clubs to honour something they democratically agreed to is suddenly puerile or petty? Gimmie a break.

Still waiting on Stoney explaining why democracy is "disgusting" or how having less money is beneficial.

We only seem to be whining because it's PlasticRangers and some people have got $kerching$ signs in their eyes. Were the play-off between Falkirk and QOTS and they'd come to an agreement to reduce ticket prices to generate interest, I don't think there would be the same ire.

The SC final has vastly reduced it's ticket prices in an attempt to generate interest (it may ultimately make more money, but it may make less). I don't remember the outcry at the prospect of the 'family final'.

I just feel that if any other club did this, then there would be more cheers than jeers.

I'm all for laughing at PlasticRangers (and my god, I've laughed heartily at their denial and 'clumpany' nonsense), but this is not one of those occasions. Fans are going to get to see their teams play an important games for £5. I think that should be applauded even if part of the motivation is 'thumbing their nose' at the SPFL (and other clubs).

Yours

aDONis

We only seem to be whining because it's PlasticRangers and some people have got $kerching$ signs in their eyes. Were the play-off between Falkirk and QOTS and they'd come to an agreement to reduce ticket prices to generate interest, I don't think there would be the same ire.

The SC final has vastly reduced it's ticket prices in an attempt to generate interest (it may ultimately make more money, but it may make less). I don't remember the outcry at the prospect of the 'family final'.

I just feel that if any other club did this, then there would be more cheers than jeers.

I'm all for laughing at PlasticRangers (and my god, I've laughed heartily at their denial and 'clumpany' nonsense), but this is not one of those occasions. Fans are going to get to see their teams play an important games for £5. I think that should be applauded even if part of the motivation is 'thumbing their nose' at the SPFL (and other clubs).

Yours

aDONis

I've made no complaints about charging a fiver. Rather than "laughing at PlasticRangers" in this case I'm pretty much in agreement what Tedi and bennet have posted today. I didn't even moan too much at the idea of letting season ticket holders in for free. It was fans acting all smug about finding duplicitous ways to avoid giving other teams their agreed dues (while making a fortune for themselves) that irritated me. That and the stoned one calling democratically agreed rules disgusting.

You didn't work in advertising, you worked in a call centre selling adverts in publications. You also worked off a prepared script. There's no end to your lack of talent is there?

No shit Sherlock. As do most newbies before adopting their own style and creative sales pitch. I did really good for a while before the big financial crash in the late 80's with 50% commission on each sale taking home well over £600 most weeks.

And my my you really have a stick up your arse wedged in sideways about me don't you ?, and all over the context of a word I posted ffs. :lol: How fucking childish can some grown ups be at times. Now I know you are stalking me for bhad glammar errors I will make sure to post as many as possible because I know it bothers the shit right out of you. :)

Have a nice day, moron.

Edited by hellbhoy

Are you drawing down on DhenBhoy's apostrophe loan facility?

My mistake for using the fucking spellcheck on Firefox. :( Boffins came up with the squiggly red underscore saying the punctuation was wrong and needed an apostrophe and I just went with it.

"Here's the reason why the board changed their prices" according to Ragers Medjia.

Rangers were also baulking at the prospect of their fans effectively writing a cheque of around £100,000 to Celtic if the SPFL forged ahead with plans to bill Ibrox for season-ticket holders. The Parkhead club, as Premiership champions, will collect 13 per cent of the play-off revenue distributed on a sliding scale to all members by the SPFL, more than any other club.

So according to the orcs over there it's about Celtic apparently receiving 13% of the revenue raised from the ticket sales. So they have went from not bothering about paying, to moaning about not letting ST holders in for free, to just let the fans in for nowt and buy an expensive matchday program then was about sticking two fingers up to the associations cashing in to finally it was really Celtic's master plan to profit from Rangers. :blink::lol:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=282762

Exactly, all for show.

Yip, mob manipulation at it's finest. A classic stop looking here at us and look over there chaps and take it out on the real enemies of The Rangers trying to rob and steal money from you even though we intend to do the exact same ourselves whilst you are busy elsewhere being fannies.

It worked for the board and now have the fans parroting out what they wanted them to believe and practically on their side for now deflecting the fans from asking awkward questions about how the new board intend to finance next years Premiership title assault and Champions League qualification.