Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Or you could just read the previous posts, and then come back when you're up to date?

I did scroll back a day or two. It tells one nothing apart from some Sellick c**t asking what's the difference between Miller's bid and Green's. Says nothing about its significance.

I did scroll back a day or two. It tells one nothing apart from some Sellick c**t asking what's the difference between Miller's bid and Green's. Says nothing about its significance.

It's quite simple - even you should understand. When Bill Miller was sniffing around with a highly dubious plan for rangers, he was run out of town by your lot because you all saw it (and the media) as the death of rangers.

Yet when Charles Green did the exact same thing post-CVA you guys were forced to accept it AND PRETEND that it now meant no death to rangers (ha ha ha).

Your collective amnesia about this is quite pathetic. But hey - myths to live by eh? ^_^

Cue the revisionism............

So you've picked it up. Good stuff, no one needs to explain it to you.

Surely significance is determined by the reader? What might be insignificant to you, may be of more significance to someone else.

Edited by dave.j

It's quite simple - even you should understand. When Bill Miller was sniffing around with a highly dubious plan for rangers, he was run out of town by your lot because you all saw it (and the media) as the death of rangers.

Surely significance is determined by the reader? What might be insignificant to you, may be of more significance to someone else.

That you and a few utter bellends feel the need to discuss something that didn't happen shows the desperation of the Ps&Ds.

That you and a few utter bellends feel the need to discuss something that didn't happen shows the desperation of the Ps&Ds.

I can't say I recall taking part in any discussions about Bill Miller. I suppose that demonstrates the significance of it, to me.

You seem confused old chap. The proposal happened and the fan/media reaction to it is well documented. Liquidation likewise happened. What is this thing that didn't happen you think people want to discuss?

It's perfectly legitimate to compare and contrast what Miller proposed and what Green did, in terms of how each was greeted by Rangers fans.

One was rejected out of hand, while one was embraced.

The only really significant difference between the two is that one (by that time, by necessity) actually happened.

Liquidation was absolutely unthinkable at one point and the very notion of it followed by a re-birth could not be tolerated, until it had to be.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

It's perfectly legitimate to compare and contrast what Miller proposed and what Green did, in terms of how each was greeted by Rangers fans.

One was rejected out of hand, while one was embraced.

The only really significant difference between the two is that one (by that time, by necessity) actually happened.

Liquidation was absolutely unthinkable at one point and the very notion of it followed by a re-birth could not be tolerated, until it had to be.

(in 'four yorkshiremen' voice)

'...and you try telling the bearz of today that - they won't believe you'

I'm guessing that a certain blogger has been blogging about bill miller dear reader.

Nope, wrong (yet) again!!!!!

For your information (and Kincardine too), it was ME who brought up the Bill Miller thing and how it is the same as the trick Green pulled. Others have since noticed it too, but it was just me at first. I've been like a dog with a bone on that one!!

But I suspect from your posts bennett that you'll just do the usual "la-la-la can't here you!" (where is the emoticon for that on there?)

Anyway, irrespective of who said what and when - fact is, you guys are complete HYPOCRITS - Miller = death, Green = carry-on (and pretend it's all ok....).

And THAT is why the media, rangers fans etc NEVER bring up Bill Miller anymore.

Myths to live by eh?

Cue the revisionism......

They think somehow it is significant to the old club / new club thing, it wasn't, despite what some fans may have wrongly though on both sides.

Those of us that dug a little a deeper had no worries, the rules were already in place and the precedent already set (Leeds) for the assets to be sold to a newco, in both cases the establishment fucked over the hopes and dreams of plastics and diddies combined....

Wonderful that over 3 years later they are still absolutely hurting about it all though....f**k em.

HaHa! Brilliant!!

In my previous post I had originally finished it with "Cue the revisionism...bet Tedi's up first" But I took the Tedi bit out yet here he is true to form!!!! :lol:

Revisionism from him: claiming that the clever people knew all along that Bill Miller didn't mean death (well i didn't see any of that at the time and not according to that Prof at the time - I'd say he was pretty clever!). And then he brings up Leeds - no one has ever claimed that the Leeds deal was the same as Rangers (certainly not Leeds themselves!) - only rangers fans! Rangers fans desperatley claiming to be the same as leeds really is a myth to live by!

Come on tedi - quit the denial and move on in your life.....it will be good for your soul.

Edited by mythstoliveby

HaHa! Brilliant!!

In my previous post I had originally finished it with "Cue the revisionism...bet Tedi's up first" But I took the Tedi bit out 0 yet here he is true to form!!!! :lol:

Revisionism from him: claiming that the clever people knew all along that Bill Miller didn't mean death (well i didn't see any of that at the time and not according to that Prof at the time - I'd say he was pretty clever!). And then he brings up Leeds - no one has ever claimed that the Leeds deal was the same as Rangers (certainly not Leeds themselves!) - only rangers fans! Rangers fans desperatley claiming to be the same as leeds really is a myth to live by!

Come on tedi - quit the denial and move on in your life.....it will be good for your soul.

Please don't Tedi. Your increasingly fantastical and humorous denials are one of the things that keeps me coming back here.

They think somehow it is significant to the old club / new club thing, it wasn't, despite what some fans may have wrongly though on both sides.

Those of us that dug a little a deeper had no worries, the rules were already in place and the precedent already set (Leeds) for the assets to be sold to a newco, in both cases the establishment fucked over the hopes and dreams of plastics and diddies combined....

Wonderful that over 3 years later they are still absolutely hurting about it all though....f**k em.

absolutely hurting!