Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So, DJ, is, "It happened. Accept it and move on" the new mantra for The Big Thread?

I can't see many posters abiding by it!

No one has suggested that. Though I must admit I was an Opel Manta man rather than a Ford Capri guy.

Though I must admit I was an Opel Manta man rather than a Ford Capri guy.

Back in the mid-late 80s the company I worked for had a fairly relaxed approach to its company car policy and allowed us to do swapsies on a regular basis. I, thus, had a Capri 2.8i for a month which would try and kill you if you went round bends and the weather forecast hinted there may be rain in the next week. Absolutely lethal.

In contrast, the Ford XR4i was planted. The cheap man's Audi Quattro but a delight to drive.

Why your favourite poster was banned. Mr X provided the reason (which you replied to) then you asked dave to provide the reason - stirring.

As you've seen, I've not asked any questions in this discussion.

I think I know what the ban was for. I think any reasoning was distinctly flimsy.

No8 was a long way from being my favourite poster, but he was alright and it's a pity he got banned.

As you've seen, I've not asked any questions in this discussion. I think I know what the ban was for. I think any reasoning was distinctly flimsy. No8 was a long way from being my favourite poster, but he was alright and it's a pity he got banned.

You do realise he was banned for his numerous warnings and not just the final one, which was the last straw.

One of them was for a racist slur, and you think it's flimsy?

As you've seen, I've not asked any questions in this discussion.

I think I know what the ban was for. I think any reasoning was distinctly flimsy.

No8 was a long way from being my favourite poster, but he was alright and it's a pity he got banned.

Surely its flimsy to suggest a poster being warned on a few occasions for posting about this very topic, is not banned

for talking about that topic.

You say its a pity he got banned...really???

Do we need homophobic racists and bigots that boast of drinking with sectarian murderers on this forum??

You do realise he was banned for his numerous warnings and not just the final one, which was the last straw.

Surely its flimsy to suggest a poster being warned on a few occasions for posting about this very topic, is not banned for talking about that topic.

There is too much banning and too many requests for bans. I am all for folk having a day or two on the naughty step when they overstep the mark but the ban culture is overcooked.

Edited by The_Kincardine

There is too much banning and too many requests for bans. I am all for folk having a day or two on the naughty step when they overstep the mark but the ban culture is overcooked.

I disagree. I'm all for bans. It should happen more often in my view.

No8' s wasn't merited though.

Got to disagree with you there Mr Tennis. Despite occasional lapses of lucidity he was as often as not an ignorant bigoted mess of a man

One of them was for a racist slur, and you think it's flimsy?

I missed the racist slur thing.

I was only aware of some comment dug up from another forum. It was pretty dreadful right enough and he was shame facedly apologetic about it when it came to light on here.

I didn't know he'd been banned for that kind of thing on here though.

Is there evidence of it? (Yes, that is a question this time)

I disagree. I'm all for bans. It should happen more often in my view.No8' s wasn't merited though.

Now considering I can't imagine you know how many warnings he received.

At what stage would it get to before the ban was merited?