Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Very touching to see the Ps&Ds out in full force to mourn the passing of Spiers and Heggarty from The Herald. They will be very proud of you.

Just a shame that the cancellation of their contracts had the square root of hee haw to do with Rangers but was all about ego and narcissism.

Loving the rangers fans getting all excited about a journalist not telling the truth but forgetting that the chairman is a glib and shameless liar who promised to overspend to get "back were they belong" and yet has had to borrow money to pay off loans and get players on loan as they can't afford to buy any.

Which journalist didn't tell the truth?

I assume you're referring to that coerced apology?

Explain what you did say then.

It's seldom clear.

Well dave claimed the herald might have sacked them due to pressure from an advertiser connected to rangers , the herald stated in their statement this was not the case , so i hoped dave was not going to accuse the herald of lying about that fact based soley on his hatred of rangers , as the honourable monkey would be disgusted at such an accusation

Yes, several points actually, but I'd imagine they'd have escaped you.

The apotheosis of high dudgeon.

How's the passive/aggressive thing working out for you Monkey? How comfortable are you in following Rangers fans about the board and posting the same shite?

Somehow I do not think you are in a rational state of mind, you rarely are these days.

Think I will just giggle at you instead.

I'm perfectly rational Ted, which we both know.

I explain what I post and although I wouldn't claim to be devoid of prejudices of my own, I try to reason my way through it all.

I know you now mock the sentiment, but you once did the same.

You really did, you know.

The really remarkable thing here is an editor refusing to stand behind one of his hacks who insists point blank that he heard a person make a statement. A hack who's willing to sacrifice a good paycheque for a cushy job on principle, no less.

It's hard to explain how rare it is, for this kind of thing to happen - for an editor to jettison a hack and cave to pressure. Maybe the BBC with Andrew Gilligan, when they were in direct confrontation with the UK Government over the Iraq War. Editors are usually required to stand behind their hacks, much like chimney sweeps are required to sweep chimneys.

And that's all gone out of the window, for Rangers. That's how odd it is.

Well dave claimed the herald might have sacked them due to pressure from an advertiser connected to rangers , the herald stated in their statement this was not the case , so i hoped dave was not going to accuse the herald of lying about that fact based soley on his hatred of rangers , as the honourable monkey would be disgusted at such an accusation

Fair enough.

I wouldn't totally disregard the notion of advertising revenue, but I don't know that it necessarily featured here.

The establishment, you see.

The apotheosis of high dudgeon.

How's the passive/aggressive thing working out for you Monkey? How comfortable are you in following Rangers fans about the board and posting the same shite?

I've just been following the thread.

I've not been following any individual.

Why the outright aggression?

The really remarkable thing here is an editor refusing to stand behind one of his hacks who insists point blank that he heard a person make a statement. A hack who's willing to sacrifice a good paycheque for a cushy job on principle, no less.

It's hard to explain how rare it is, for this kind of thing to happen - for an editor to jettison a hack and cave to pressure. Maybe the BBC with Andrew Gilligan, when they were in direct confrontation with the UK Government over the Iraq War. Editors are usually required to stand behind their hacks, much like chimney sweeps are required to sweep chimneys.

And that's all gone out of the window, for Rangers. That's how odd it is.

"Something inside so strong"