Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

reaping the beenfits , white stole millions of pounds from the club, the previous boards have ran up 18 million in debt and destroyed the scouting network, infrastructure etc, we also lost about 30 million pounds worth of players due to the liquidation of oldco and tupe and we are tied into a crap merchandise deal for six and a half more years depriving us of about 15 million quid, which goes straight into fat mikes pocket , what wonderful benefits

Proof?

Why was the club not allowed to tupe over players?

we dont have any external debt + our current debt to rangers international is 18 million we are clearly eligble based on that and thats before you take off money for youth development etc

That's where it starts to get complicated - for me, at least.  Who is it has to meet the FFP rules?  Is it RIFC (the parent company) or TRFCL (the club)?

If it's the club, I'm not sure they can claim for Auchenhowie - isn't that owned an operated by the parent company?  But, you're right - they've probably not overspent by FFP-testing amounts.

If it's the parent company (my guess), haven't they lost more than 30M euros over the last 3 years?  They may not owe anyone that much but they must have come close to over-spending by that much - can the share issue money be counted as income in this context?

I almost hope they do win the Cup, just to see the answer to these questions.

That's where it starts to get complicated - for me, at least. Who is it has to meet the FFP rules? Is it RIFC (the parent company) or TRFCL (the club)?

I

I thought TRFCL was the company that runs the club. RIFC being the parent company of the company that runs the club. Surely?

fair enough, if that is what you want to believe, but I am sure the blatant non payment of tax under CW just pushed the HMRC over the edge. Was almost daring them to pull the plug, which the eventually did.

DM surely knew about CW before he sold the club for a quid, and the whole thing stinks of a set up

And I wouldn't be too sure about your current people who have the club's best interests at heart either, as why on earth would any of them got involved with Mike Ashley in the first place? Certainly they are better than CW etc, but I would keep an eye on them if I were you.

Dave King has that covered...

the answer to that is 100% no, companies do this all the time in the uk, its common practice, the new company and old company are totally seperate and legally one cannot be held responsible for the other

Companies do not do it all the time. That would be illegal. The controlling mind of a company's persona us it's board of directors, if a company becomes defunct and it's brand is bought by another company then the board of directors (the previous company's controlling mind) are banned from taking part in the new company.

Companies do not do it all the time. That would be illegal. The controlling mind of a company's persona us it's board of directors, if a company becomes defunct and it's brand is bought by another company then the board of directors (the previous company's controlling mind) are banned from taking part in the new company.

Pheonix companies are not illegal.

Pheonix companies are not illegal.

But they are not the same company as the one which went defunct, as was alluded to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_company

Edited by stonedsailor

But they are not the same company as the one which went defunct, as was alluded to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_company

I am not sure who alluded to this, the post from nacho quite clearly stated that they were totally seperate.  As I said, your post was incorrect, a new entity can be formed from the assets of the old with new or the same directors and the same name quite legally.

I am not sure who alluded to this, the post from nacho quite clearly stated that they were totally seperate. As I said, your post was incorrect, a new entity can be formed from the assets of the old with new or the same directors and the same name quite legally.

Okay, I am nit picking. It's not the company which does it. His post alluded to when a company dies and another company takes over it's assets it is business as usual, this is not the case.

The current people had nothing to do with Mike Ashley's involvement in the club, none of them were there when he got his claws in

As for the white buying the club for a quid stuff, the only reason it was on sale for a quid was the massive imaginary tax bill hanging over it

Do you want to explain how a body with no legal personality, which just 'is', can be bought for £1?

reaping the beenfits , white stole millions of pounds from the club, the previous boards have ran up 18 million in debt and destroyed the scouting network, infrastructure etc, we also lost about 30 million pounds worth of players due to the liquidation of oldco and tupe and we are tied into a crap merchandise deal for six and a half more years depriving us of about 15 million quid, which goes straight into fat mikes pocket , what wonderful benefits

You haven't grasped what liquidation means,eh?

Point of order. Motherwell et al. Did not just ' drop' a lot of their debt. Their creditors agreed to not having to be repaid the full amount. Something DeadRangers didn't achieve. Hopefully this will help your understanding going forward. Yours aDONis

:lol: pathetic - not paying the full amount = dropping the debt - hope that helps your understanding going forward