Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thanks for a good reply.

Rangers / Minty 'put down a tenner for every Celtic fiver' sound bite is the root cause analysis start point that needs more emphasis imho.

Basically - SDM killed RFC.

But the fans lapped it up and demanded 'better'

Our demise was, basically, down to overspending under The Mint and, of course, we lapped it up - buoyed by some excellent football.

There were warning signs such as when The Mint had a rights issue and only 2 folk chipped in and the debt was assumed by MIH.

But, yes, we fell on our own sword.  This isn't new news, Shirley?

What about 'Rangers' supporting their former stars and settling the EBT bill for them? Did those players not play for Rangers?

Now that "Rangers" debt is officially being passed to the players does that not make it a football debt and payable by the club under the terms of the 5 way agreement?

Kinky?

Tricky one.  We were very effective in The Souness era but that was down to David Holmes rather than The Mint.

The Wee Dick era (under Minty) was when it got really mental.  Paying £4M+ for squad players yet, at the same time, playing the best football ever seen in Scotland..

That will be your April fools for today.

Really?  When have you seen a Scottish club side play better football than we did under Wee Dick?

Really? When have you seen a Scottish club side play better football than we did under Wee Dick?

What was the furthest you got in Europe during that time? I remember Rangers getting to a second group stage in the Champion's League, back when such a thing existed. Did you get to the knockout rounds at any point?

Dee utd under Jum.

The games in Europe were a joy to watch as a neutral.

The sheep under Ferguson, best manager in the world. Ever.

This discussion, started by Kinky is little more than deflector shields going up.

What about Rangers paying the outstanding football debt owed to their former players? Unless, of course, that was a different club they played for?

Edited by stonedsailor

Really?  When have you seen a Scottish club side play better football than we did under Wee Dick?

Dee utd under Jum.

The games in Europe were a joy to watch as a neutral.

What was the furthest you got in Europe during that time? I remember Rangers getting to a second group stage in the Champion's League, back when such a thing existed. Did you get to the knockout rounds at any point?

The sheep under Ferguson, best manager in the world. Ever.

The Sheep did ok as did DUFC but Rangers under Wee Dick around 1998-2000 played magisterial football.

I may be slightly biased but I'd agree with that. United in full flow were a joy to behold. Best use of limited funds, ever.

And with deadpooling hat on it was sad to see the demise of Ian Britton yesterday . Was only there a short time but so soon after Milne, is a bit of a chunt when you grew up watching that side.

The Sheep did ok as did DUFC but Rangers under Wee Dick around 1998-2000 played magisterial football.

What about yer heroes tax bills though?

What about yer heroes tax bills though?

They will be paid according to Treasury rules.

Wheesht, though.  There's an outbreak of football discussion on The Big Thread.

This is a seminal moment.

Edited by The_Kincardine

They will be paid according to Treasury rules.

Wheesht, though. There's an outbreak of football discussion on The Big Thread.

This is a seminal moment.

This thread is not about football. It's about the administration and subsequent liquidation of Rangers Football Club.

Do you not think that Rangers should pay the tax bills of the players who played for them?

I understand your reluctance to give an opinion. It is easy for Rangers fans say stuff the creditors when there is no emotional attachment but those guys gave you some of your best memories and your club have screwed them up big time. Not nice.

This thread is not about football. It's about the administration and subsequent liquidation of Rangers Football Club.

Do you not think that Rangers should pay the tax bills of the players who played for them?

I understand your reluctance to give an opinion. It is easy for Rangers fans say stuff the creditors when there is no emotional attachment but those guys gave you some of your best memories and your club have screwed them up big time. Not nice.

I've no idea what came over me. I apologize.  Pearls before swine.

I understand your reluctance to give an opinion.

If we failed treasury rules then we should pay, of course.  There is absolutely no reluctance here, chappy.

Sevco have a moral liability for all of the debts accrued up until Oldo were sold to Craigy.  There is no issue here.

What happened thereafter is too murky to comment on.

Edited by The_Kincardine

If we failed treasury rules then we should pay, of course. There is absolutely no reluctance here, chappy.

That is a cop out because you, I and the rest of the posters on this thread know that the current Rangers were founded in 2014 and have absolutely no ties with the players who received EBTs.

Those players never plied their craft for Rangers. They plied their craft for RFC2012 plc. (Formerly The Rangers Football Club) ergo they never won a thing for Rangers.

That is a cop out because you, I and the rest of the posters on this thread know that the current Rangers were founded in 2014 and have absolutely no ties with the players who received EBTs.

Those players never plied their craft for Rangers. They plied their craft for RFC2012 plc. (Formerly The Rangers Football Club) ergo they never won a thing for Rangers.

I said we were responsible so we should pay.  It is the craft* of the diddies that they find artifice when normal people see common sense.

*Aye, not that craft ;)

I said we were responsible so we should pay. It is the craft* of the diddies that they find artifice when normal people see common sense.

*Aye, not that craft ;)

No you never, you started your post with if. You never said that you were responsible.

Now that you have indicated that you feel your club are responsible for the tax of your former players where do you see the cash coming from to see them right?