Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BBC Sportsound Twitter feed:

Graeme Souness: "All those souls who thought that it was a great idea that Rangers got demoted surely they must accept they were wrong now"

This is like Souness asking us all whether we accept that it was wrong of us, to let him grow that enormous moustache. 

Graeme Souness: "All those souls who thought that it was a great idea that Rangers got demoted surely they must accept they were wrong now"

This is like Souness asking us all whether we accept that it was wrong of us, to let him grow that enormous moustache.

When did Rangers get demoted?

I remember when BrandRangers FC didn't get accepted into the SPL (despite Rangers FC voting for them).

I also remember BrandRangers FC applying to join the lower tiers.

But 'demotion', er no!

It's almost as though all those associated with OldRangers FC are afraid to reflect how BrandRangers FC actually joined the league set up.

Edited by aDONisSheep

When did Rangers get demoted?

I remember when BrandRangers FC didn't get accepted into the SPL (despite Rangers FC voting for them).

I also remember BrandRangers FC applying to join the lower tiers.

But 'demotion', er no!

It's almost as though all those associated with OldRangers FC are afraid to reflect how BrandRangers FC actually joined the league set up.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. If we translate from what appears to be an extinct Eurasian steppe dialect what he actually said was:

"All those souls who thought that it was a great idea that the new Rangers got accepted into the third division, surely they must accept they were wrong now"

Never mind the "demotion" angle here, people. That's deflecting us from the real giant lie he's trying to offer.

The actual idea that it's been proven to be a mistake to not have Rangers in the top flight is a staggering case of simply saying black is white.

It's clearly been good for plenty top flight clubs and absolutely tremendous for some.

I'll admit that I hadn't anticipated this aspect at all.

I hadn't expected the Armageddon liars to turn round and say 'Ok, fair enough -we got it wrong'. Neither however, had I expected such people to turn round and say 'See. I told you we were right', when it's quite so clear that they weren't.

Utterly shameless.

James Doleman â€@jamesdoleman  6m6 minutes ago

Graham Souness says he was paid via an EBT for work he did for RFC.

#Oops

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-moment-daily-record-ask-7732150…

Paid for doing work.

In between jobs? While managing Blackburn.

That clip is really quite telling.

He's clearly uncomfortable. He gulps during his answer and attempts to deflect by playing down the sum involved by eagerly trying to contrast it with bigger ones.

The answer he gives is accompanied by a knowing smirk and of course he describes it as a payment for work - again, no suggestion of a loan.

The arrangement in this case was obviously particularly dodgy.

Never mind the "demotion" angle here, people. That's deflecting us from the real giant lie he's trying to offer. The actual idea that it's been proven to be a mistake to not have Rangers in the top flight is a staggering case of simply saying black is white

What's missing in your wee rant is the truth that Scotland's top tier shat the bed once they realised the financial consequences of losing us from their league.  They then strong-armed the affable David Longmuir in to dissolving the second oldest football league in the world and joining with them simply so that they could be part of the same structure as Rangers.

So if some wee clubs from the former SPL have had some success while we've been away then that is only good.  What they have to remember, though, is that they have been supported by The Blue Pound even if they haven't actually played us.

What's missing in your wee rant is the truth that Scotland's top tier shat the bed once they realised the financial consequences of losing us from their league.  They then strong-armed the affable David Longmuir in to dissolving the second oldest football league in the world and joining with them simply so that they could be part of the same structure as Rangers.

So if some wee clubs from the former SPL have had some success while we've been away then that is only good.  What they have to remember, though, is that they have been supported by The Blue Pound even if they haven't actually played us.

There's a certain truth in that, but the more shameful act once the bed had been shat, involved the pressure applied to then SFL clubs, to admit Rangers to the top flight of that structure.

The leagues merging into one body, may have been motivated by fear and even greed, but it's great that it happened and that the cliff face that existed between the top two divisions has been ironed out a bit.

I'd have preferred if the SFL had subsumed the SPL, rather than the other way round, but Longmuir is a tool as well, with his unilateral proposal that OF colt teams be admitted.

I've no illusions about the motivations of most top flight chairmen and I'm convinced that they'd have kept Rangers in that division if their fans hadn't piped up.

The facts that we now have one league body, now have top flight play-offs and now have relaxed stadium criteria actually help my case. They are yet more evidence of why putting Rangers in the bottom tier has been actively good for Scottish football.

If notions of "blue pounds" and subsidy help you deal with that reality though, batter on.

If notions of "blue pounds" and subsidy help you deal with that reality though, batter on.

There is no other sane way of seeing it.  Scottish football fans let the 2nd oldest league in the world die and gave credence to The Cockwomble's half bar per annum simply to get their snouts in the trough containing The Blue Pound.

The much posted about Souness's £30K round of drinks palls in comparison to the greed shown by the top-flight diddy clubs.

There is no other sane way of seeing it.  Scottish football fans let the 2nd oldest league in the world die and gave credence to The Cockwomble's half bar per annum simply to get their snouts in the trough containing The Blue Pound.

The much posted about Souness's £30K round of drinks palls in comparison to the greed shown by the top-flight diddy clubs.

And even if there's some truth in your overstated argument - and I think there is where top flight chairmen such as Gilmour are concerned, it doesn't alter the fact that pretty much everything that's come out of the Rangers saga and where they wound up in summer 2012, has been positive.

Your tears for the SFL are not, I'm afraid, remotely convincing.

And even if there's some truth in your overstated argument - and I think there is where top flight chairmen such as Gilmour are concerned, it doesn't alter the fact that pretty much everything that's come out of the Rangers saga and where they wound up in summer 2012, has been positive.

Your tears for the SFL are not, I'm afraid, remotely convincing.

Positive?

Aberdeen, Motherwell, killie, Ross county have all bemoaned the loss of Rangers.

Dundee United sold off any half decent player they had and are declining fast.

Celtic are either a thriving stand alone club or losing £10m per season and their fans no longer cafe about the club.

Hibs look like going in to their third year in the lower leagues.

St mirren lol

Positive?

Aberdeen, Motherwell, killie, Ross county have all bemoaned the loss of Rangers.

Celtic are either a thriving stand alone club or losing £10m per season and their fans no longer cafe about the club.

St mirren lol

Hibs are onto their second consecutive helping of blue pounds. They're sorted

Oh hang on a minute

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Positive?

St mirren lol

Is that the only possible measure of the game's wellbeing Bennett - gross income?

Is that the only possible measure of the game's wellbeing Bennett - gross income?

The standard of fitba ain't that great either considering that Ally's team scudded a fair few of them.