The Grand National

palmy_cammy

Guest Insight
I had £2 e/w on Hedge Hunter yesterday at 9-1.

Any idea what I'll get back?

461491[/snapback]

No Biscuits you had f**k all on f**k all and will win f**k all as a result you aftertiming dickhead :rolleyes:

Guest bestbet2005

if you had picked it to win you would have got £18 plus your £2 but i think an eachway bet is quarter odds so your looking at about 4.50 plus your £2, not 100% on that though!

if you had picked it to win you would have got £18 plus your £2 but i think an eachway bet is quarter odds so your looking at about 4.50 plus your £2, not 100% on that though!

462675[/snapback]

No this is not right. An each way bet is two seperate bets, one on a win and one on a place. Therefore since Hedgehunter won the race the winnings would be half your money times 9-1 (i.e. £10) and half your money at 9-4 (i.e. £3.25). This will give you total winnings of £13.25. Of course if you have £2 on both the win and e/w then your winnings would double to £26.50 and so on.

No Biscuits you had f**k all on f**k all and will win f**k all as a result you aftertiming dickhead :rolleyes:

462667[/snapback]

I've certainly never been called an aftertiming dickhead before. Care to explain?

Archived