Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

I stayed till the end yesterday but I can't really blame those who left early, it was that painful.

After sleeping on it there's only 2 players I am bothered about keeping and that's McPake and Griffiths. Ozzy at a push but looks as if he has the heart the size of a pea if yesterdays anything to go by. The thought of Sproule, O'Hanlon and Danny Galbraith having another year on their contract sickens me.

Anyway I need McPake to stay as the McPake masks we had made for yesterday looked good and would like to wear them again at some point next season! Had to walk through the Hearts end before the game (which I was dreading) but to be fair there was some good natured banter and nothing malicious directed at me or my family!

But that's just it - what incentive do those people have to stay that you want to stay, apart from of course the money? The reaction they're getting from the fans does play a part in their decision whether to sign a new contract or not. You're spot on about McPake who worked his socks off, but if you'd watched your support walking out in droves with 40 minutes of their biggest game in decades left, would you feel inclined to want to make it up to those fans next season, or would you take up one of those options elsewhere?

Taking a lecture on being a fan from an old firm fan, you couldn't make it up.

Well you just did since I despise the Old Firm, as you'd know if you'd been taking part on a certain little thread elsewhere that's proven rather popular! Try asking Pozbaird on that one - or HibeeJibee for that matter.

Why is it different?

I already answered that in the post you were quoting.

Why on earth would you feel sorry for Hibs fans either?

Because, like us, they're not exactly blessed with success.

If all the recent semi-final defeats we've suffered hurt us, then I can only imagine what yesterday felt like for Hibs fans.

If that was Hearts v Aberdeen yesterday, and we'd got thumped 5-1 by them, I'd have been fucking gutted. I suspect it's even worse for Hibs fans considering the fact they are derby rivals.

They have been shite all season and were *shock* shite yesterday too. Surely to f**k the Hibs fans that went knew there was a good chance they'd get hammered so it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise.

Right, so at the semi-final last year v Celtic, when they were blowing us apart in the first 20 minutes, were you just thinking "Ah well, we've been shite all season, this was expected. I'm just glad I got a good day out. Results don't bother me."

Edited by La_Leyenda

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seen Airdrie fans started leaving after Dumbarton scored the 4th goal, The reason, because they know the game is over, no point.

Hibs fans knew yesterday after the 4th goal the game was over, why any of they shoul stay to the end to show support to 11 empty shirts that have just been hammered in arguably the biggest game in their life against their biggest rivals.

Aye of course, let's have a pop at Hibs fans for not wanting to sit through that torture. :rolleyes:

I seen Airdrie fans started leaving after Dumbarton scored the 4th goal, The reason, because they know the game is over, no point.

Hibs fans knew yesterday after the 4th goal

the game was over, why any of they shoul stay to the end to show support to 11 empty shirts that have just been hammered in

arguably the biggest game in their life against their biggest rivals.

Aye of course, let's have a pop at Hibs fans

for not wanting to sit through that torture. :rolleyes:

Cheers completely sums everything up.

Can't take the credit unfortunately but it is special!

thats not like you :ph34r::lol:

I fucking love that man. If this team is broken up over the summer (as looks likely) then they have gone out as one of the best hearts sides ever, and Mr Skacel especially joins a very select club of hearts players to win two scottish cups (and score in both finals!).