Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

As we were walking out the door my wee hibs mate shouted.. Oi you ya big useless c**t , have you any idea how much that hurt today.. It was pretty funny, Osborne just kinda looked at his feet and said nothing

That pleases me. Watching Osbourne attempt to play football is painful viewing and "big useless c**t" is a fitting description.

Why would Hearts fans want to sing a song about a Celtic player and a former Celtic manager? Should that not be reserved for Rangers fans?

Words actually failed me. It had nothing to do with them. I'm all for a bit of Celtic-hating like the next guy, but even I thought it was a bit over the line.

It's destiny.

Aye, here's what I actually said.

I can see McPake putting in an absolutely heroic performance at the back before Leigh Stunner picks up the ball in his own box on 95 mins and proceeds to George Weah it across the entire pitch and around Macdonald.

He'll then proceed to repeat Beattie's semi final celebration (exactly the same, also infront of the Hearts fans), picking up so many retrospective bans and breach of the peace charges that he's never seen on a football pitch again.

It's destiny.

You sure showed me with that multiquote :lol: DESPERATELY gagging for greenies.

Aye, here's what I actually said.

You sure showed me with that multiquote :lol: DESPERATELY gagging for greenies.

That post is still a load of shite tbf.

Why would Hearts fans want to sing a song about a Celtic player and a former Celtic manager? Should that not be reserved for Rangers fans?

Ex Hibs Captain and holier than thou Killie/Celtic manager who was quite open about not liking Hearts and being convinced he was going to heaven?

Like Frankie Boyle's comedy not everybody is going to appreciate it.

Just stuck a few beers in the fridge and going to watch the full 90 minutes again.

Will report back with my findings. cool.gif

I know that feel bro

greggy.pnggreggy.pnggreggy.png

Might watch it for a third time myself.

I guess the shot of O'Connor really sums up the problems Hibs have had for the past 5 years or so. The rumours I've read are that they've had a serious boozing culture in the dressing room. John Collins allegedly tried to reverse it, but to no avail (although apparently his man management style wasn't the best). Yogi Hughes, I suspect, would not have been adverse to the odd session (by the way, I read somewhere that Messrs. Collins and Hughes were at the CL final instead of Hampden - not very impressive).

As a club, they've struggled to get the balance right. Under Alex Miller, they were fit and hard working, but my God, they were dreadful to watch. A couple of good spells under McLeish and Mowbray has been about it. I remember watching Celtic v Hibs in August 2007. Kevin Thomson was in central midfield, Steven Whittaker at right back and some annoying wee git (;)) called Scott Brown scored the opening goal. It was one of the best games of the season and, to be honest, Celtic were a wee bit flattered to grind out the 2-1 win (Vennegoor's debut). All three players left for Glasgow, but the point was that Hibs made good money out of it. It's asking a lot of produce another good crop of players to replace them, but given the financial strength of the club, its infrastructure and the fine stadium, they really should be doing much better than this.

There are 5 clubs in Scotland that I'd consider deserve the word 'big' and 'potential' applied (United kind of punch above their weight and don't have the potential). One is about to go out of business, another (Hearts) are up to their eyeballs in debt and another (Aberdeen) is going nowhere. It really does represent a great opportunity for Hibs to step up and become a major force. In the late 1940's they threatened to displace Celtic as the main challengers to Rangers' dominance. But they had vision back then. They really need it now, but if it doesn't work out for Fenlon, then if there's a good young ambitious manager out there, then there are far worse jobs to have.

Things might seem bleak at the moment, but funnily enough, in 5 years time it would not surprise me if the roles were reversed.

10/10 agree with every word and it cheered me up a little

I, for one, am desperately disappointed that a DVD release has yet to be announced. I was also disappointed that chants of "So Mark de Vriesy" weren't started after the fifth.

Oh well. We trounced Hibs in the biggest derby ever. That'll do me nicely.

also great to see the hibbies try and cling onto our imminent financial demise. :lol:

You have been saying that for about 8 years now you junkie fucks. its not happening. You will be forever in our shadow. 8) 8) 8)

I believe that if we win the cup this year and break the hoodoo, we'll go on to win it again in the next several years.

pfgwa.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: Here's one for each goal special needs boy.

Just woke up after a 48 hour session.

Very stange feeling at the game on Saturday.30 minutes left on the clock and the Hearts fans all playing games and shit on their phones.

In the pub on saturday night and one of the guys gets a call from his bird who works in a bar in leith.They closed the place up at 8pm :lol:

She said Saturday night in lochend was like london during the blitz...................Everything in darkness and the streets are empty :lol: