Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Some of the writing is just so awful I can't believe people still have jobs.

Shane loses at mania but we will let him run it anyway?? Y2J beats AJ clean, let's make AJ number 1 contender the next night?? Let's give Ryder the IC title, only to lose it the next night to the shitty Miz?? Absolute garbage

I think that confirms that Ryder will be released in the next few months and they wanted to give him another big Mania moment before punting him as a well done for getting himself over. Four years after the fact, but whatever.

Pretty much every match at Mania was booked wrongly, but Raw just exacerbated the problem rather than correcting it.

We Are Pars Fans!, on 05 Apr 2016 - 09:54, said:

I agree, don't rate the guy at all. To give him the title at all was daft but to take it off him the next night rather than run with it for a couple of months is just retarded

Nah. Gave him a moment which was a nice thing to do. Don't think he deserved it, but appreciate why they'd do it.

Only caught the opening hour or so of this before work (pretty much up until AJ Styles confronted Chris Jericho and Roman Reigns) and the thing that struck me was the commentators' disclaimer at the beginning of the show to warn the audience about the crowd's chants andd how some fans will boo the wrestlers they're supposed to cheer for and vice-versa. I thought that would have set up some kind of big moment towards the end of the show, some kind of bait and switch leading to a swerve or a turn, but after reading the results and the comments on here, that doesn't seem to have been the case at all.

It's pretty weird to see such a big company hold contempt for their fans in that way. I'm sure Michael Cole said later on that the crowd was made up of "traditional" WWE fans (something which couldn't have been further from the truth?), so I'd imagine the company want a nice, compliant audience who happily lap up what's put in front of them without question.

Strange stuff! I look forward to watching the rest of it this evening, if only to see the Swiss Superman return to action.