Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Why wouldn't they take on Kurt Angle? I take it he is in a worse shape than Sting etc?

Yes; substantially so. WWE didn't want anything to do with him a year or so ago. Just look at the way he walks. The man is fucked. Plus there were all the other issues he had.

DA Baracus, on 21 May 2015 - 12:50, said:

Don't think he'll get a Rumble spot seeing as WWE will never pass him fit to wrestle.

They passed Scott Hall as 'fit' to wrestle. A Rumble spot shouldn't be out of the question. He could just be a mark out spot, then eliminated after a couple of punches or whatever.

They passed Scott Hall as 'fit' to wrestle. A Rumble spot shouldn't be out of the question. He could just be a mark out spot, then eliminated after a couple of punches or whatever.

The difference here is that Hall WAS fit to do that run in at Mania. All he had to do was have a stare down and do some weak brawling. No bumps or moves. It's also widely accepted that Hall is retired and won't wrestle a match again.

If Angle were to be involved, folk would expect him to wrestle since he's still an active wrestler. What would be the point in him coming in just to be eliminated quickly from the Rumble?! For a quick, cheap pop? Fans would go mental that it was just for that and lead to absolutely nothing. I doubt he himself would want to do that as well. It would be abysmal booking and just lead to more customer dissatisfaction.

Some of you put Russo to shame.

If it's accepted that he can't wrestle (I've not seen him or TNA in years) then fans would totally accept a Rumble appearance.

Bubba Ray Dudley was in the form of his life in the past 2-3 year and whilst nowhere near as big as Angle, still a huge star and he was subjected to the Rumble treatment.

He went crawling back to TNA recently because WWE didn't want him. I can't see him going to WWE.

WWE could sign every single good wrestler on the planet, and wouldn't solve any problems that they currently have.

Out of interest, what would you say would solve problems?

I've been wanting some proper character development from the ground up for so many wrestlers for a long time. Around 90% of feuds are 2 week efforts and quietly dropped and the ones that do stick around, like the fucking midgets shoehorning themselves into teams, are invariably shite.

The old system of everything being lock, stock and barrel through Vince McMahon is simply out of date and in the guy himself's case, out of touch nowadays.

If it's accepted that he can't wrestle (I've not seen him or TNA in years) then fans would totally accept a Rumble appearance.

Bubba Ray Dudley was in the form of his life in the past 2-3 year and whilst nowhere near as big as Angle, still a huge star and he was subjected to the Rumble treatment.

I'm not sure fans would accept that. He was multiple time world champion in WWE. Bubba Ray was never a singles star in WWE. He appeared in the Rumble as Bubba Ray, former WWE tag champ, not Bully Ray, former TNA World champ. Folk were chanting for Devon. If it were Angle, no way would fans accept a quick elimination. If they went to the trouble of getting him, fans would think he would be a favourite to win it and be working a programme with someone. Fans would be furious if Angle got chucked out post haste. It would kill the Rumble.

Also there's no chance Angle himself would accept that.

Out of interest, what would you say would solve problems?

Basically, they need a much better writing team. They need to stop the three hour show as well. They also need to remember, ALL of the time and not just some of it, that there's a massive adult fanbase that watches their shows that don't want their intelligence insulted.

Basically, they need a much better writing team. They need to stop the three hour show as well. They also need to remember, ALL of the time and not just some of it, that there's a massive adult fanbase that watches their shows that don't want their intelligence insulted.

Can't disagree with any of that, really. I thought the three hour show would be great to showcase new talent and add more meaning to feuds. Unfortunately the extra hour seems to be mainly used for a tedious authority opening segment or recaps.

Another bugbear is that opening segment. You're 80% certain it's going to be 15-20 dragged out authority minutes. Go back to any old Raw from years gone by and the first 15 would be a complete mixed bag and set the tone for the show.

I actually cannot believe that ending like, Ambrosewas told that he had to sign the contract by the end of the night, but when the cops took him away I was like "awww man hows he gonna sign the contract? Damn that Seth Rollins" and them when the police van drove in with Ambrose at the wheel I was in shock, what a rollercoaster. 10/10 show tonight!!!! Good to see the divas get some decent airtime tonight!

Bit gutted that Wade essentially jobbed to Ryback. Terrible booking that one. The rest though was excellent, although would rather the show didnt start with the Authority in the ring.