Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Looks like the rumours are true

On Sunday, February 16, 2014, WWE will hold a live event at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tickets to the show are being sold via www.unlvtickets.com, and Batista advertised to appear at the event (he is also featured on a graphic on the front page of the website promoting the event).

Advertised details are as follows: "WWE’s Road to Wrestlemania will make a stop at Las Vegas’ Thomas and Mack Center on Sunday, February 16. Don’t miss your favorite WWE Superstars including: CM Punk, The Shield, Big Show, Kane, the WWE Divas and much more! Plus, see the special return of “The Animal” Batista, LIVE!

"WWE offers the best value in entertainment, with tickets starting at $20. Also, don’t miss your chance to take part in the Ultimate WWE FAN EXPERIENCE!
Edited by DavidMcG

I stopped watching wrestling from around 2001/2002 to around 2009 so I completely missed Batista altogether. I can gather from his look and the above comments that he is utterly garbage so I'm not excited by this at all. I also missed Brock Lesnar first time round, and he got rave reviews but I have been nothing but disappointed since he returned over the last couple of years. Boring, dull, average in ring at best etc.

DavidMcG, on 21 Dec 2013 - 11:13, said:

I stopped watching wrestling from around 2001/2002 to around 2009 so I completely missed Batista altogether. I can gather from his look and the above comments that he is utterly garbage so I'm not excited by this at all. I also missed Brock Lesnar first time round, and he got rave reviews but I have been nothing but disappointed since he returned over the last couple of years. Boring, dull, average in ring at best etc.

Batista's skills are very limited, but he's entertaining.

Lesnar was fantastic in his first run in WWE. I can't really say the same about Batista. He wasn't terrible, just an average "monster" type. Evolution made him look better than he actually was. He was never a stand out, and won't stand out in the current roster either.

Speaking of Evolution, the one time that the Undertaker's streak should have been broken is when Orton faced him with the "Legend Killer" gimmick. They missed the boat on that one IMO.

Big River, on 21 Dec 2013 - 14:01, said:

Lesnar was fantastic in his first run in WWE. I can't really say the same about Batista. He wasn't terrible, just an average "monster" type. Evolution made him look better than he actually was. He was never a stand out, and won't stand out in the current roster either.

Speaking of Evolution, the one time that the Undertaker's streak should have been broken is when Orton faced him with the "Legend Killer" gimmick. They missed the boat on that one IMO.

I think the plan at that point was to do that but Orton's out of ring activities put a stop to it.

forehead7, on 21 Dec 2013 - 15:08, said:

No, he's terrible. Go watch his match with Kennedy at the Rumble for the WHC. He's an awful wrestler and brings nothing to the table at this point and he's only going to take a Mania spot away from someone who deserves it.

I know, Hogan's moment of winning the Undisputed title from Cena is in tatters now! :(

In all seriousness, I think this Mania should be an extra hour in length considering the talent they are rumoured to be bringing back. Give some of the people present a chance to blossom and also have a few cracking ex-superstar matches.

I think the plan at that point was to do that but Orton's out of ring activities put a stop to it.

I see. In hindsight it's probably a good thing it didn't happen as the Streak has provided some great matches since then but if they were going to end it, that would have been the time.

I'm sure I read somewhere orton also turned it down. Kurt angle also says he was offered the streak. It just makes me wonder wether or not cena has been offered it in the past. As he is the only big name at the moment not to have faced him at WM.

Hopefully WWE creative pull the fingers out of their arses and get some decent shit written for the next few months. With all the rumoured returns and the turn of the year brining the Royal Rumble, their is a huge potential to push some great matches, great feuds, promote some new talent and develop some new angles towards Wrestlemania.

The last year has been pretty shit, 2014 better be an improvement!

In all seriousness, I think this Mania should be an extra hour in length considering the talent they are rumoured to be bringing back. Give some of the people present a chance to blossom and also have a few cracking ex-superstar matches.

I doubt it, a five hour show is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm not sure you can expect people to sit and be attentive for that length of time, especially when it's already 12-4 for the UK (and worse as you head east).

forehead7, on 21 Dec 2013 - 19:48, said:

I doubt it, a five hour show is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm not sure you can expect people to sit and be attentive for that length of time, especially when it's already 12-4 for the UK (and worse as you head east).

You're absolutely correct, they can save about an hour by cutting out a lot of the pish they do every other Mania with the musical interludes etc.

I agree, if he comes back it HAS to be as a heel, he's fantastic in that role, the build up with his last match with Cena was tremendous mic work, he's not horrendous in the ring, he's a big lad!

He'll be better than a lot of the fucking idiots who are currently on the wage bill.

I'm sure I read somewhere orton also turned it down. Kurt angle also says he was offered the streak. It just makes me wonder wether or not cena has been offered it in the past. As he is the only big name at the moment not to have faced him at WM.

I would freekin love it if Angle come back. Imagine the theme tune at royal rumble!