Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Their area of the arena is their seat. If the crowd hadn't got up out of their seats and started rushing Punk then no one would've been hit, he was in the aisle/stairs so there should've been no person standing that close to him but no, the people want their stupid faces on tv and that includes the guy who got punched.

Hearing that he's claiming 7 figures, I'm struggling to muster up any sympathy for him.

Where you hearing he is claiming 7 figures?

ETA - I have no sympathy for him either, but this isn't ECW. WWE is an international company - its employees can't be pushing people around on TV.

FWIW This whole episode (and the Del Rio one from last night) is a result of the compensation/offended culture we live in. Its akin to people abusing a player on a Saturday and then running to the police when the guy fires back.

Edited by Dindeleux

How people can defend Punk is beyond me. Some guy heckles him, perhaps crosses the line by putting his hands on him, fair enough, I can accept that. Punk turns round and swings at the first guy he sees? How is that OK? If the guy had actually landed proper punches on him, then I'd probably say I can see why Punk reacted this way. From the footage I have seen, his reaction was way over the top and was unnecessary, even if he had landed shots on the right guy.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

How people can defend Punk is beyond me. Some guy heckles him, perhaps crosses the line by putting his hands on him, fair enough, I can accept that. Punk turns round and swings at the first guy he sees? How is that OK? If the guy had actually landed proper punches on him, then I'd probably say I can see why Punk reacted this way. From the footage I have seen, his reaction was way over the top and was unnecessary, even if he had landed shots on the right guy.

I don't think anyone is saying Punk's blameless. Well, I'm not anyway. He clearly let his frustration get the better of him, it's like he's at a concert and complaining that the crowd are bumping into him.

But that being said, he is standing in an aisle way. No fan should be standing there(since it's America, the aisles have got to be pretty wide), if the fan who got hit was in fact sitting in his seat then he wouldn't have been punched.

Edited by forehead7

It was the guy behind the guy Punk hit who slapped the back of Punk's head. There's a video elsewhere highlighting this close up.

I'm not defending Punk either as he shouldn't have retaliated to the first person there - he didn't even look round first, that could've been a woman with a child.

But that being said, he is standing in an aisle way. No fan should be standing there(since it's America, the aisles have got to be pretty wide), if the fan who got hit was in fact sitting in his seat then he wouldn't have been punched.

Now you're just being silly. Have you ever seen a wrestling show where someone goes into the crowd and the audience politely sit in their seats and watch on impeccably? The fan hit did absolutely nothing wrong, Punk got the wrong man, and even if he got the right one it was still OTT. If the guy didn't have his hands at his face putting his specs on then he could have taken a worse shot than he did. Punk was 100% in the wrong and had no real reason to do what he did.

that shot is way after the punches. the wwe security guy in the black tee is already speaking to the guy Punk hit by then. Therefore that lad claiming to be the guy who hit Punk could easily have moved down that side of him by the time that photo was taken.

Now you're just being silly. Have you ever seen a wrestling show where someone goes into the crowd and the audience politely sit in their seats and watch on impeccably? The fan hit did absolutely nothing wrong, Punk got the wrong man, and even if he got the right one it was still OTT. If the guy didn't have his hands at his face putting his specs on then he could have taken a worse shot than he did. Punk was 100% in the wrong and had no real reason to do what he did.

Does that make it alright? I'll need to watch it again (can't right now) but the aisle must be wide enough that the guy who got hit is standing in it. Again, I'm not defending Punk but the fan is in the wrong place and sadly the wrong time as Punk lost his cool.

Can you imagine the reaction on here if someone like Ryback or Tensai had done that?

laugh.gif There'd be seethe all over!

The thing is, if some like Tensai, for example, had done this, would he be suspended? Will Punk be suspened?

Tensai would be fired, his return clearly hasn't worked out and he's slowly moved down. When was the last time he won a match? laugh.gif

I don't think they'll suspend Punk.

WWE Champion CM Punk appears to be eyeing retirement.

After noting Sunday night via Twitter that he plans to watch the latest episode of AMC drama program The Walking Dead when he gets home "in 2015," a fan responded, "@CMPunk you just started a rumor that you’re retiring in 2015. "

The WWE Superstar replied, “Ain’t a rumor if its true.”

I think it'll be Steve Austin, I know that sounds crazy and I'll no doubt be totally wrong but they keep sayin his name

I just don't think the WWE would bring back Austin randomly IE. without cashing in on it.

I just don't think the WWE would bring back Austin randomly IE. without cashing in on it.

I can't see them having Punk/Austin at a relatively low-key PPV like HIAC.

They'd want it for a PPV like Mania to make the big PPVs bigger.

If they do Rock/Cena II for the title at Mania then I'd imagine Austin/Punk will happen there too, if the rumour's of Austin's physical problems are untrue.