Smackdown Thread

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

For what it's worth, I don't think Roman wins convincingly tomorrow night.

Sami walks away with the DQ victory and this turns into a Triple Threat at Mania.

Yeah if Reigns wins it won't be close to clean.

8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

If they still plan on Rhodes winning that though, it’s suicide. 

Cody is basically Batista in 2014 here, without the booing (yet)

It's such bad timing for Cody, as he's really over, the story is good, his promos are great and, under normal (non Sami) circumstances, he would be wildly cheered in the Mania main event as he beats Reigns one on one.

I suppose it isn't the worst dilemma for the fed to have. Two massively over babyfaces is hardly terrible! They just have to manage the situation well so that both Cody and Sami are the top lads going forward. 

They're both on different brands and there are two titles, so for me the obvious solution is each leave Mania with a title (Cody has always said he wants the WWE title in his promos; he's never mentioned the Universal title).

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it time we all admitted Bray Wyatt is shite and needs to f**k off?

They had the chance to make him a top star years ago but blew it.

Edited by DA Baracus

The final act of the Cody - Reigns segment didn't land for me. Reigns (as ever these days) played the set up to perfection (it's actually bonkers how good he is on the mic and the ease with which he delivers, when you consider the muck he was given for years), and Cody is a good promo too as we know...I dunno if it's just because of the emotion of the Sami story that made this feel a bit meh for me in the end.

6 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

The final act of the Cody - Reigns segment didn't land for me. Reigns (as ever these days) played the set up to perfection (it's actually bonkers how good he is on the mic and the ease with which he delivers, when you consider the muck he was given for years), and Cody is a good promo too as we know...I dunno if it's just because of the emotion of the Sami story that made this feel a bit meh for me in the end.

Reigns is so good it's unreal. I loved him walking off with the shit eating grin when facing Cody but seething with his back turned. Amazing work

I said it on the other thread and I believe it now more than ever.

This is Jey Uso's story arc. His promo on Smackdown basically saying he had to turn on Zayn because his brother had a gun to his head and it's one person's fault before catching onto himself. 

I'm certain now that Jey point blank refuses to do Reigns' dirty work at Mania and this leads to Cody Rhodes getting the win over him clean. This makes the most sense to me right now as it keeps everyone pretty happy.

Cody gets the win that he definitely needs, Roman isn't losing the title and then being further weakened by going straight back after it and losing a series of matches to Cody (as you'd imagine whoever does knock off Reigns will have to hold it most of the year at least by proxy of being the guy that beat the unbeatable). It gives him a long-term high level feud that he can look the stronger man in and both he and Jey (potentially rest of Bloodline and Sami/KO) are in a main event, top tier programme that has a shitload of meaning and fan investment... a programme like that doesn't need to be focussed on belts.

Jey needs to be elevated to top-tier ASAP, a drawn out feud with Reigns would 100% do that and it's something that we know fans want to see given their programme a couple of years back that led to the Bloodline being formed.

Edited by djchapsticks

If they really are done with the Zayn stuff - which let's face it, they are - then Jey is definitely a good direction to go.  It's where it all started really with those great matches all those years ago, and it can be where it largely ends too.  Like you say, you can book the main event in such a way that Cody gets his win AND there's a valid reason why Reigns doesn't necessarily seek a rematch.  Jey finally goes face, Reigns would rather destroy him than win the belts back, Cody goes on to many other opponents, Reigns gets a feud with Jey before being given some well-earned time off.  Maybe even a rematch on the RAW after WM where Jey cements his position or something.

• 2 weeks later...

That pop when Rey finally put his boy flat on his arse was fucking tremendous.

Both have done some stellar work, Rey you expect cos he's Rey Mysterio FFS but Dominik has come so far into his own in the last 6 months,  a brilliant despicable wee gobshite that you want to see getting battered f**k out of.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Everytime a draft comes round i secretly hope they’ll make it as amazing as in the early 2000’s

IMG_8974.jpeg

I always think of a few things in this. 

Splitting up the Dudleys this way.

Biker Undertaker being raging at being traded.

HHH laughing at someone getting traded to Smackdown then him getting selected in next pick before instantly going in a mad rage and politicking himself back onto Raw before the end of the show.

The draft is great fun if they do it right.