Smackdown Thread

Just caught up with Smackdown there, Reigns is really becoming the part.

Any idea when Lesnar will re appear?

I imagine it might be a couple of months yet, probably to attack Rollins and build a SummerSlam match

Edited by Christophe

Aye, I think that's what I'd be hoping for as well. People will want to see Lesnar and Rollins go at it.

As far as Reigns goes, they seem to have understood where they were going wrong. But I'm feeling it's too late as his card is already marked in a lot of eyes.

Aye, I think that's what I'd be hoping for as well. People will want to see Lesnar and Rollins go at it.

As far as Reigns goes, they seem to have understood where they were going wrong. But I'm feeling it's too late as his card is already marked in a lot of eyes.

Yeah. He obviously doesn't have that natural electric charisma of his cousin but he and Rock's situations are similar. Unfortunately I can't see him dragging himself out of it like Rock did which is a shame.

A little bit late in seeing this but oh well.

Cesaro & Kidd vs Lucha Dragons in a Lumberjack Match was really good, the lumberjacks didn't really do anything though!

R-Truth continues to pick up momentum with a win over King Barrett this time. Sheamus lays them both out with Brogue Kicks after the match.

Rusev vs Ryback was an okay match. Looked like Rusev picked up a legit leg or ankle injury as he went flying over the top rope, wasn't the greatest landing he took.

Kevin Owens being utterly outstanding in his segment with Michael Cole :thumsup2:thumsup2.

The main event + aftermath was pretty fun. New Day helping the authority :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching Smackdown and it's pretty evident Paige got a boob job. Explains why she went bizarrely absent for a month a wee while ago

Not disputing yer boob job theory as not seen the evidence but the reason she was absent was this...http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/wwestudios/santas-little-helper-miz-page-27253718

• 1 month later...

Couldn't be bothered listening to Roman Reigns at the start so skipped ahead.

Fun match between New Day & Lucha Dragons to get things rolling. I don't mind having the spare Uso on commentary tbh, think he's doing fine.

Not seen Jack Swagger in fucking ages :lol: Involved in a pretty quick match in which he gets hit by a very nice looking Bullhammer from Barrett! Barrett & R-Truth have words post-match, really tedious stuff. No interest in their Battleground match whatsoever.

I'm absolutely delighted that Cesaro is being given the time to get his momentum back, unfortunate that it's had to come off the back of a Tyson kid injury though.... :( Nonetheless, We have a good match between Cesaro and Rusev, both looking really good, as they did on Monday night too. Cesaro just became the second man to pin Rusev! :lol::thumsup2

Quick match between Neville and Stardust. Nothing interesting. A lot of superhero & comic book chat during this one.... Trying to plant the seed for a match vs Stephen Amell?

Decent main event I thought. We had Reigns & Ambrose vs Sheamus & Big Show. Really fun spots in this match and Dean Ambrose looked terrific, best he's been in a little while. Ended in a DQ of course thanks to the new face of fear.

After a brief exchange of words, Sheamus vs Dean Ambrose kicks off Smackdown. Slow start but just as it was getting good, Wyatt Family provide the distraction for Sheamus to pick up the win after delivering 2 Brogue Kicks.

Neville defeats Adam Rose pretty quickly with Red Arrow. Rose got almost no offence in. Stardust appears in the big screen with a weird post match promo.

Loving Kevin Owens mic work, probably my favourite right now. His match vs Rusev was okay before he decided to get himself counted out :lol:

For our Divas portion of Smackdown this week, we have a delightful tag team match. Bella Twins vs Naomi & Sasha Banks, really good imo. Bella Twins with some decent double team moves at the start of the match. Nikki gets the win with a Rack Attack on Naomi :thumsup2:wub:

Cesaro's momentum continues as he main events Smackdown against the champ Seth Rollins. Very impressive once again, it's hard not to take notice of the performances he's putting in. Seth Rollins picks up the win with a Pedigree. Kevin Owens comes out to deliver a Pop-up Powerbomb to Cesaro post-match. Building to a Summerslam match? Including Rusev?

• 2 weeks later...

Usual stuff from Seth Rollins to start the show. Laughing at Cena's nose break this time. Cesaro comes out for a quick match with him. Kevin Owens was on commentary and of course it ended in DQ when Owens attacked Cesaro.

Lucha Dragons & Los Matadores vs New Day & The Ascension up next. Some top notch pre-match patter from New Day, they are the best thing about WWE these days. Good enough match if you ignore the fact that The Ascension exist :lol: Contender for worst tag team of all time. If I had to guess I'd say we're looking at PTP vs New Day vs Lucha Dragons for the tag titles at Summerslam.

Rusev vs Jack Swagger, usual stuff from them, it was fine. Easy heat for Rusev beating him in his home state. Swagger gets the small pop after the match for briefly having Rusev in the Patriot Lock.

These little comic book bits they are doing for Neville & Stardust are pretty cool and impressive. Stardust goes on to beat R-Truth in a very quick match with the "Queen's Crossbow" :lol:

"TRUTH YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY" :lol::lol::lol:

Cesaro & (his mystery partner) Dean Ambrose defeat Seth Rollins & Kevin Owens. This was a pretty decent match tbh although there was one point in which Cesaro must have been lying on the outside for a good 3 minutes.... :lol: Cesaro got the win for his team with a rollup on Owens.

I'd love to see Kevin Owens feuding with Dean Ambrose at around Hell in a Cell or TLC time cause it could be carnage.

• 2 weeks later...

Smackdown starting out the same way it does every week, Seth Rollins coming out for promo time. The usual interruptions take place, setting up the main event.

Charlotte defeats Naomi in a good 5 minutes or so match with the figure eight.

Ryback returns to Smackdown with a promo.

A good match inside the ring between Roman Reigns and Luke Harper. Ambrose and Wyatt were having their own little square go on the outside. Roman Reigns won by DQ after Wyatt broke up the pin. A massive brawl ensued post-match and the crowd fucking loved it, as did I.

We now come to a seething Sheamus in a backstage segment. Pretty much wants to brogue kick everybody.

Prime Time Players take on New Day in a non title match. For once we get to see the pairing of Big E and Xavier Woods, with Kofi being the hype man on the outside. New Day take a good beating here and try to leave but Los Matadores and Lucha Dragons come out to stop them. Xavier was on the receiving end of a Gutcheck from Darren Young for PTP to pick up the win.

They announce Cesaro vs Kevin Owens for Summerslam before the main event gets started. Neville & Cesaro vs Seth Rollins & Kevin Owens. A very fun match while it lasted! Neville with the best way I've ever seen someone get a tag to his partner!

In a rare twist Smackdown actually kicks off with a match! A really physical 4 minute match between Ryback & Big Show, match ended via double count out, Ryback meat hooked the big man through the barricade!

6 man tag action up next. New Day defeat Los Matadores & El Torito. It was more funny than good tbh. Is it wrong to really enjoy Big E destroy El Torito? :lol:

Cringey Ziggler & Lana promo, much prefer her as a heel, but she's fucking stunning though :wub::wub:

Bo Dallas jobbing to Neville in a match that lasts under 2 minutes. Tragic stuff.

Enjoyable promo featuring all the Divas. SCENES to follow as Brie defeats Sasha Banks & Becky Lynch when she rolls up Lynch.

Ambrose, Reigns, Orton & Cesaro vs Wyatt, Harper, Sheamus & Owens. Pretty good match, massive Dean Ambrose hot tag and a quality finish to the match.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...