Smackdown Thread

If they allow Smackdown to operate without PG rules then it would maybe become worth watching. throw in more variety each week in terms of wrestlers as seems to be the same on repeat each week on RAW.

Dont think the Split is a good solution as last time didnt work so well.

Which simply won't happen at the moment. PG isn't a bad thing though; shit writing is.

Forgive me if im just thick as mince here mate but my issues would be they would need 2 feuds for each champion at the same time. One for each show. If not it would mean the title would be redundant on one show till a feud is over.

True. The champion (when it was the undisputed championship) covered both shows though, evidently it didn't work as they reverted to the two belts.

The problem with two champions though is that one is generally considered the lesser in terms of prestige and it's unrealistic to go down anything other than a booking route where both champions would always be drawn to one another to prove who is superior.

Edited by djchapsticks

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Will people on here be more inclined to watch Smackdown when it goes live?

I haven't watched an episode of SD in a long time now (usually just watch a 5min highlight reel) but will be checking out new brand

I'll give it a watch in the first few weeks with it being live and see how it goes.

6 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Will people on here be more inclined to watch Smackdown when it goes live?

I haven't watched an episode of SD in a long time now (usually just watch a 5min highlight reel) but will be checking out new brand

It'll be more interesting since it's not spoiled days in advance and minor wrestlers are given more chances due to limited numbers. Downside is the ad breaks will be as bad as Raws

There's the very real potential that it'll be streets ahead of Raw. Much easier to build a coherent two hour show than it clearly has been for Wwe to do a 3 hour Raw. That is unless I've missed it somewhere that Smackdown will be 3 hours as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Not looked forward to a SmackDown this much in years. Really hoping for Sasha's partner unveiling to be a case of a promo with Sasha, Charlotte and Dana... Shane or Steph to come out (preferably Shane, in agreement with WhatCulture that one show gets the Cruiserweight division whilst the other gets the Women's division and since Steph has said Raw will have a Cruiserweight division...) and make their next draft pick, Sasha's partner;...

Spoiler

[youtube]

[/youtube]