Smackdown Thread

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

I sort of watch it. I'll have it on the tv but really I'm watching other stuff on my tablet.

I'll still watch most of RAW & SD, but always the day after now. Not been this unenthusiastic about the WWE product in quite a while, there's much better wrestling out there.

6 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Does anyone watch live anymore? I have no desire to stay up these days and it appears I'm not the only one.

Don't think I've ever watched it live.  Sometimes source it the next morning if I'm off or working from home, other than that it's just reading the results on Bleacher Report and watching PPVs.  There really haven't been too many times where I've really, really wanted to actually watch it.  Think the last time was post WM31 - f**k knows why given how much of a fucking travesty that one was.

Guest bernardblack

It's been mentioned loads, but Corbin needs to have his head. Surely someone backstage should have a word and then we can get a hair vs hair match like the old days

I get that we needed a failed cash in at some point but what a waste to do it last night . Build Corbin up for weeks and weeks then that pish just before one of the biggest PPV's of the year. Corbin looks like a fanny and now there is absolutely no intrigue in the Smackdown title bout at Summerslam. 

So now he can be angry then ultimately lose to big match John. I know Corbin isn't eveyones cup of tea but that is one shite outcome

Guest bernardblack
Just release him now.

Agreed. Clearly someone backstage has gone right off him.

Fun fact - Cena has been involved with every failed cash in

Like a lot of these questionable decisions, it looks shit at the time but they could really make something of it.  We could see a more dangerous, angry, brutal Corbin at SS as a result, which would be something at least.  I fully expect them to do f**k all with it though.

Interesting comments from Cena about haters.

in the week of the white supremacy controversy Smackdown runs with a story of booing the foreigner's national anthem. FFS!!!

Mind you Vince is a bedfellow of Trump.

Unfortunate timing or a show of support?

They've got previous for it.  Not quite the same, but they run the "Mohammad Hassan is a terrorist so he is" storyline on a taped Smackdown that aired just hours after the 7/7 bombings in London.  Ill-advised.

I doubt it's any kind of show of support.  Vince is quite close to Trump, and obviously Linda is in his cabinet, but they've kept things largely quiet on that front, at least publicly since he was elected.  I doubt they'd be that stupid to jump in on that kind of issue deliberately, probably just a case of them having a startling lack of self awareness again.