Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It always amazed me when folk fall for parody accounts. It always seems very obvious to me.

So indeed it does require quite a high level of stupidity to fall for them.

What were you doing on .net anyway? Why is it still a thing?

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It always amazed me when folk fall for parody accounts. It always seems very obvious to me.

So indeed it does require quite a high level of stupidity to fall for them.

What were you doing on .net anyway? Why is it still a thing?

Just lurking - honest. 

Its not even a semi serious parody account. It's Faissal as full on Fifer, ken?

51 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Cheers. Were you there too? Decent night.

Was I 'there' with your non-existent friend? No, I was not. 

^^^ agreed, were that what it was. But to get to the point for a minute instead of deflecting, how many of you agree with the roaster who was lecturing me on Saturday?

I'd be surprised if there are any Pars fans who don't think we'll win the league by the end of March.

This is getting a bit embarrassing. Even if Brashy is telling the truth, it sounds like he just can't take a bit of banter or understand sarcasm. It's very common for football fans to feign arrogance about their team, to wind up opposition/rival fans. Quite a few Raith fans seem to be falling for it...

Is this where our 'arrogant' reputation comes from? Because some people choose to take everything dead serious, and don't even consider the fact that things are said tongue in cheek? If you're going to keep getting wound up about how 'arrogant' we are, Pars fans will keep winding you up with false over-confidence.

For what it's worth, the majority of Pars fans know this will not be an easy season, and know we have no chance of winning the league. However, we know that with our budget, we should be challenging for a play-off spot. Hence, that is the expectation of fans. I also don't think anyone's getting too carried away about the result of a friendly on Saturday. In the same way that nobody panicked when we drew with Alloa. I also don't believe that the League Cup will even give an indication of how the season will go. Until the league campaign starts, there's no telling what might come. It's all about getting off to a good start. Our second and third games will be big tests for us. Up against two teams that made the play-offs last year, away from home.

37 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

This is getting a bit embarrassing. Even if Brashy is telling the truth, it sounds like he just can't take a bit of banter or understand sarcasm. It's very common for football fans to feign arrogance about their team, to wind up opposition/rival fans. Quite a few Raith fans seem to be falling for it...

Is this where our 'arrogant' reputation comes from? Because some people choose to take everything dead serious, and don't even consider the fact that things are said tongue in cheek? If you're going to keep getting wound up about how 'arrogant' we are, Pars fans will keep winding you up with false over-confidence.

For what it's worth, the majority of Pars fans know this will not be an easy season, and know we have no chance of winning the league. However, we know that with our budget, we should be challenging for a play-off spot. Hence, that is the expectation of fans. I also don't think anyone's getting too carried away about the result of a friendly on Saturday. In the same way that nobody panicked when we drew with Alloa. I also don't believe that the League Cup will even give an indication of how the season will go. Until the league campaign starts, there's no telling what might come. It's all about getting off to a good start. Our second and third games will be big tests for us. Up against two teams that made the play-offs last year, away from home.

Nonsense, this league is ours!

Of course I'm telling the truth, and no, I didn't take him seriously, hence my branding him a roaster. But he took himself seriously. He adamantly believes you will win the league etc. He didn't have tongue in cheek in the slightest and you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm disappointed I suppose that I couldn't get a straight answer from you lot until Callum did, so cheers Callum - at least you thought about it and offered explanation. As for banter, you seem to be in short supply this season. "This definitely happened". Must try harder.

21 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Well it was Wednesday, but yeah it wasn't exactly a full team. Had a mix of first teamers who didn't play and some reserves though. It wasn't just a bunch of kids. Not getting too excited about friendlies (I never do) but by all accounts we looked good going forward and weren't too shaky at the back which is a bonus. 

Only England get excited by friendlies. :lol:

Edited by Paranoid
spelling