Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

24: Penalty to Pars Duthie will take

25: Penalty saved by keeper - ended up Duncan took the penalty not Duthie

Quelle surprise...

It's the sign of a quality club when you see the same traits through the various age groups up to the first team. 

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who is your goalkeeper? He looks hopeless

Sean Murdoch. That was his first appearance of the season (had to have a wrist op). I think he just had one u-20s game midweek and was rushed back in to the first team. He was superb last season and his stand-in hasn't done much to keep his place. Hopefully (for us) he just needs a game or two to get back to full sharpness. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't get it, I don't genuinely have him at fault for any of the goals. He didn't put his arms out because he wasn't getting the ball. His general handling was fine and he came for a few crosses, fine by me.

He punched a couple of times when he should have caught it. Looked lost when the ball flashed across the box a couple of occasions. He was at least partly at fault for the first and slightly out of position for the second (although that one was 98% Fordyce)

He didn't fill me with confidence, which could be injury or could be the bombscare defence in front of him. I'm sure he'll be back up to speed in no time.

I don't normally look out for whether a 'keeper has reached for a shot, if there was any point etc but Murdoch looked very uncomfortable for the second and third goals.

Thought Murdoch was a lot more confident at cross balls than Hutton - always felt Hutton flapped a bit at balls into the area, where Murdoch always seems a lot more secure.

Hopefully after another full week's training Murdoch will be edging back to his best.

For Ayr, I reckon we should be starting with the team that finished on Saturday - except Cardle keeping his place ahead of McMullan. I like McMullan, but I think he's far more effective coming on later in games when defences are tired.

Reilly is on borrowed time for his starting place. I get the feeling AJ will stick by him for now, but with Farid getting more minutes from the bench he must be starting to close in on a starting spot.

Farid's goal, albeit gifted to him by the diddy that is Kyle Hutton, was massive. Important moments like that are something Reilly hasn't come up with. I'd like to see Higginbotham get some time, too.

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Farid's goal, albeit gifted to him by the diddy that is Kyle Hutton, was massive. Important moments like that are something Reilly hasn't come up with. I'd like to see Higginbotham get some time, too.

Pretty sure that if his team mates, never mind opponents, could pass the ball to him on the 6 yard line with just the keeper to beat he'd score