Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

We played Celtic 3 times with 3 atrocious teams, expected to lose, hoped to win.

3 years and 20 years isn't really a similar period of time either.

Nobody was particularly upset when we finished 7th, bemused yes, infuriated yes, worked out OK in the end though.

At least you're not bothered by it all anyway...

What? Season 03/04 is probably the best team we've had since the 60s era. 

05/06 was shite and 06/07 was even worse, although we did have a spike at the end of the season when Kenny came in, but it wasn't enough. I thought we should have won the 06/07 final. The other 2 we 100% deserved to lose. 

Was a sore one tbf. If David McCracken could foul properly Jamie McDonald would've never even had to make that f**k up.  We weren't very good that season though, so even a 10 man Premiership scoring a quick breakaway goal as we recklessly pushed forward wasn't that much of a shocking thing to happen. 
That said, despite being lucky enough as a wee team* fan in my early thirties to have seen us in 3 cup finals, we will never get a better chance to win it. Kilmarnock in 97 hurt more I think.

*We're fucking massive
Fair, before the game the result itself wouldn't have been a shock, Inverness had a good side that season. In time you'll probably laugh about this season, you might already be doing it for all I know.

I don't think I've ever laughed about getting beat in the cup final, it's fucking shite..

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The 07 team, at least in terms of individual players, was far superior to the 06 team. Dorus De Vries, Adam Hammill, Sol Bamba, Greg Shields and Scott Wilson started. Burchill and McIntyre were decent players then as well.

Slightly better, Shields Wilson and Burchill played in both. Bamba was a bit raw back then and McGregor was in goals. Noel Hunt was there but missed the final, I think?

I get mixed up between the two finals at times as they were so close. 

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Slightly better, Shields Wilson and Burchill played in both. Bamba was a bit raw back then and McGregor was in goals. Noel Hunt was there but missed the final, I think?

I get mixed up between the two finals at times as they were so close. 

The cup run of 07 was exceptional so that team will always be a bit special to me. Some games. Scudding the dead club at East End, the 93rd minute winner against Hearts which sparked utter SCENES (and the resultant comical radio commentary from that Hearts boy) , the win over Partick (Simmons cigar celebration), the semi final replay with the chip. Glorious.

On 1/6/2018 at 08:13, DA Baracus said:

Would hardly call the 04 team atrocious. Where are you getting that from? The League Cup final team definitely was. The 07 team was fairly decent, at least in terms of personnel

On 1/6/2018 at 08:28, DA Baracus said:

The 04 team had Brewster, Crawford, Skerla, Nicholson and Mason starting. Hardly atrocious. Indeed some of the best players to have been at the club.

The League Cup final had Andy Campbell, Freddie Daquin, Greg Ross and Ian Campbell starting :lol:.

Major typo there, meant to say 2 atrocious teams.

04 team really should've finished 3rd and won the cup, underachieved imo.

League cup final squad was hilariously awful, was also the worst Celtic side we faced, shown by us getting ripped to f**k by Dion fucking Dublin.

in order of "well that fucking hurt"

Hi guys, totally random but can any of you lot remember back to the 0-4 game in August and confirm whether or not this is the case? Our prices are set in advance at £20/£12 or £22/£14 and just wondered if this was bandwagon jumping, or actually held some truth.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Paul Allan has returned to the Pars from his loan spell at Stenhousemuir.

Didn't seem to get much game time. He's still very young though so hopefully a good experience for him as he will now know what it takes to break into a first-team squad. Hopefully he can be put out on loan again this month and gain game time to help him reach that next phase of his development. 

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Hi guys, totally random but can any of you lot remember back to the 0-4 game in August and confirm whether or not this is the case? Our prices are set in advance at £20/£12 or £22/£14 and just wondered if this was bandwagon jumping, or actually held some truth.

I was away during the 0-4 game but I was at the 0-2 game last season and Saturday's game, got in both for £12 as a student. I'm guessing that tweet is a load of pish tbh.

Just now, smpar said:

I was away during the 0-4 game but I was at the 0-2 game last season and Saturday's game, got in both for £12 as a student. I'm guessing that tweet is a load of pish tbh.

Cheers. There seems to be quite a big of bandwagon jumping on the St Mirren seethe at being charged £2 more than fans are for a non-ticket game, a wee Twitter search for Dumbarton will give you some light lunchtime entertainment. 

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Cheers. There seems to be quite a big of bandwagon jumping on the St Mirren seethe at being charged £2 more than fans are for a non-ticket game, a wee Twitter search for Dumbarton will give you some light lunchtime entertainment. 

They should pay more as they don't have to travel so far. 

Is it time to start panicking yet? There's  no hint of a new signing for us while other teams are making moves in the transfer market. 

I hope AJ has an ace or two up his sleeve, as I think we need to strengthen to better last years league position. 

Edited by P475