Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not sure why you find it odd.
Dundee Utd a co have greater resources.  Livi and Hamilton  have gained promotion with a lot less than us.  Teams are spending much less than us and getting far greater success, whereby it's more understandable if a team like Dundee Utd are in the Premiership ahead of us.
Of course money doesn't guarantee success, but I can see what Cyrill means. 

It balances out. For the failure of united you have the success of livi. Those are stories of other clubs. Not ours.

One of my favourite times supporting the club was during the Paton era. The football wasn't as good as the calderwood era but you knew every player was used effectively and to the best of their abilities. Now we have great players used ineffectively and playing in a way that bores you to tears. Livingston seem like a modern day version of that era and although sometimes it's not pretty they know how to win games by any means. We seem to shoot ourselves in the foot even before a ball is kicked with unbalanced squads and singing players on a whim rather than creating a squad that will work together.

The thing that annoys me the most is at half time when everyone can see what needs changed and you know nothing will happen until it's almost too late. On Saturday Calderwood would have changed it after 30 mins and won the game. I just don't see any progress from AJ in terms of tactics and effective subs. At best it's a like for like sub and they score when we are already winning. I think he took off Devine against Ayr early but had no option really. I'm really struggling to think of a game where I've thought the manager has changed the game for us ever. In league one it was just completely outspending everyone else.

It would be interesting to see how a strong manager at this level could get this exact squad to play. There are some talented players in the squad, and to have them playing at the quality they are doing just now is so frustrating.

Don't think you'll find a Pars fan with any qualms about being in the Championship (old first division). Where many of us draw the line though is watching us struggle in this league with, on paper, one of the stronger squads, playing shit football and going on winless runs for months on end. At the end of the day all three of those things have happened regularly since our promotion and there is only one common denominator. Times up it's gone stale supporting Dunfermline under AJ and I can't really recall feeling this way under any other manager.

We've had awful shite times but honestly can't remember any time which has been so boring and complete meh. Think the crowds will suffer badly sooner rather than later which is a real shame. 

Where many of us draw the line though is watching us struggle in this league with, on paper, one of the stronger squads, playing shit football and going on winless runs for months on end. At the end of the day all three of those things have happened regularly since our promotion and there is only one common denominator.

In terms of winless runs in the championship, here are our longest, each season:
2016/17 - 5 games
2017/18 - 5 games
2018/19 (so far) - 5 games

In fact, there have only been a total of 3 calendar months in the regular season that we have failed to register a league win Oct 16, Nov 17 & Feb 18 (when we only played 2 games and drew them both). Can you please point me in the direction of any examples of failures to win league games “for months on end”? Unless you’re trying to argue that it’s unacceptable we haven’t won league games between May and August, I can’t see any examples of this, never mind regular examples.

I’d also argue that United, County & Partick have better squads than us, on paper. Inverness don’t look much weaker and Queens have the best player in the league by some distance. It’s hardly terrible that we’re 4 points behind 3rd Place, having played everyone once so far, is it?

Don’t get me wrong, things have to improve. We’ve stated that the aim is promotion. If we don’t even make the playoffs, AJ has failed.

I think it's wrong to say things havent been stale for a long, long time. JJ, Potter, Hay, McIntyre and especially Calderwood have had horrendous spells where it seemed nothing would improve.
Even Paton back in the best days had times when things appeared to have stalled. Until this season I've had confidence that AJ would snap us out of it but with the squad he's assembled this time, I'm not so sure.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Talking about the lack of excitement about the Pars just now; I realised today that we have a game on Tuesday night.

I honestly thought we had Dundee United on Saturday and then Alloa next week but apparently we have a cheeky trip to Inverness wedged in the middle.

Aye, the first I'd known off this was a post by someone on some thread earlier, I've got plans in place to go to Alloa but had no idea we had Inverness before then. 

I'd fucking love to hear the argument that Partick and Queens have a stronger squad/better chance of reaching the playoffs than us, meanwhile are we ignoring that Inverness lost one of there best players from last year? Considering the absolute state of this league, where two of the bigger clubs in the divisions are having absolutely dreadful seasons, yes it is absolutely shite that  we're 7th, with our Gd we're effectively five points behind after only a quarter of the games, that's not any good. I'm genuinely shocked that you have Dunfermline fans accepting that, wild. 

15 hours ago, CallumPar said:

In terms of winless runs in the championship, here are our longest, each season:
2016/17 - 5 games
2017/18 - 5 games
2018/19 (so far) - 5 games

In fact, there have only been a total of 3 calendar months in the regular season that we have failed to register a league win Oct 16, Nov 17 & Feb 18 (when we only played 2 games and drew them both). Can you please point me in the direction of any examples of failures to win league games “for months on end”? Unless you’re trying to argue that it’s unacceptable we haven’t won league games between May and August, I can’t see any examples of this, never mind regular examples.

I’d also argue that United, County & Partick have better squads than us, on paper. Inverness don’t look much weaker and Queens have the best player in the league by some distance. It’s hardly terrible that we’re 4 points behind 3rd Place, having played everyone once so far, is it?

Don’t get me wrong, things have to improve. We’ve stated that the aim is promotion. If we don’t even make the playoffs, AJ has failed.

We've played nine league games this season and had a winless run of five but you don't think that's terrible because we are four points behind third place?! So you've basically written off winning this fairly weak league already in November but think that's us doing 'hardly terrible'? You're entitled to your opinion and are normally a fairly sensible poster but I'm afraid to say that's a complete load of shite and anyone trying to put any positive spin on this is delusional. 

The board fucked up big time here there's no denying it and it's getting easier each week to find something else to do rather than sit bored in the cold watching that dung.

We've played nine league games this season and had a winless run of five but you don't think that's terrible because we are four points behind third place?! So you've basically written off winning this fairly weak league already in November but think that's us doing 'hardly terrible'? You're entitled to your opinion and are normally a fairly sensible poster but I'm afraid to say that's a complete load of shite and anyone trying to put any positive spin on this is delusional. 
The board fucked up big time here there's no denying it and it's getting easier each week to find something else to do rather than sit bored in the cold watching that dung.

My point was mainly that we’re not completely out of it, and can still turn things around. Apologies if that wasn’t clear, that’s what I meant wasn’t terrible, rather than our results/performances - which certainly have been. Fortunately though, everyone’s been dropping points. We can’t afford another run of 5 winless games, which also means that we can’t keep playing as we have been.

I did acknowledge that things have to improve and believe they have to improve quickly. Losses to United & Inverness would leave us in a bit of bother. Failing to beat Alloa (again) would leave us in real bother.

My post was more aimed at people exaggerating the facts regarding his record in previous seasons, to make things seem a lot worse. The fact that we are 9 games into the season and have already matched our worst run under Johnston is definitely a concern though.