Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The two signings that I was most excited about were Beadling and Faiss. 

Fucked it. 

Was exactly the same. 

Faiss hasn't been brutal but you can't have a forward who doesn't score goals unless they're making a shit load of assists.

Beadling has only played for us 14 times and a few of those are diddy cup ties. He's a good player but sadly no use to us in the stands. I'm sure he's even more frustrated than we are though.

I'm high on believing that Beadling will come great for us.

Fez when he came on last night looked quick, direct and useful. He's just not got that final touch of a goal or killer pass about him now for some reason. Shame as you can tell he's bursting a gut for the club.

I think Fais would be good if we played balls into the channels on the ground to him. I’m wondering how much of Fais and now Shankland were/are successful is down to Moffat?

It ready can’t be too difficult to play balls through to him? Maybe Martin can do it?

28 minutes ago, JF-DAFC said:

Interesting thread going on on .net right now....

Folk laying into Jim McIntyre, Nipper Thomson regarding the Stephen Kenny era. Maybe old news to most, but not to me.

We live in a world where people absolutely love a conspiracy theory, people were really taken in with Kenny at a meet the managers night and are absolutely desperate for anything to be the case for him being a failure other than it being his own fault. 

The last two posts by Da Par agonis and Digs are the most enlightening. 

There's contradictions throughout the posts about Kenny, apparently he couldn't release any of the players because he wasn't allowed, strangely McIntyre was. Scott Thomson apparently was injured and only played after Kenny was sacked. The same poster says that Thomson and McIntyre wouldn't speak to each other, that doesn't add up. 

Stephen Kenny was undoubtedly a lovely fellow, probably. But he's got a very similar tale to Cathro. I remember at the time Levein was avaliable, Dundee Utd appointed him who were bottom, we appointed Kenny. 

Edited by Grant228