Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Almost certainly mostly bollocks, especially seeing that the usual attention seekers are most prominent in voicing things.

Stephen Kenny was way out of his depth. He gave new contracts to the supposed trouble makers. More than 1 player has said his training was a joke (with the shooting from halfway line story coming up often).

Scott Thomson was a great player for us. Gave 11 years and over 300 appearances. He faded towards the end, but most players do so with age. Has come across as a nice guy to most folk I know, but even if he is always acting it, I don’t really care, given he delivered frequently for us across his career. I seriously doubt that he faked injury for the entire 2006/07 season either, which means he did so under 3 different managers. Total pish. Plus the injury was an Achilles one, an injury so severe that he had to have surgery on it. I see they’ve had to resort to the ‘fat’ taunts about him as well, which were always laughable nonsense.

Maybe he was a bit of a dick at times to Kenny, but I don’t believe for a second that he instigated some mad conspiracy and repeatedly undermined him. He’s served under 9 managers at his time at Dunfermline yet only 1 apparently had an issue with him? Doubt it. It was up to Kenny to manage the players, which he didn’t. He had a limited squad but he didn’t help by giving most of them new contracts and signing crap like Owen Morrison, Kevin Harper and Bobby Ryan.

Jim McIntyre didn’t strike me as someone who didn’t care, especially when he scored at Inverness, both in the 1-3 win and the 2-1 loss that saw us relegated. For the conspiracy to have worked multiple players would have had to be in on it, but I saw no evidence of that. I certainly saw plenty of effort given I went to almost every single game that season. I saw plenty of dross, but not through lack of effort.

Stephen Kenny didn’t work out, and I’m afraid he has himself to blame. If he’s such a great manager, why he not managed anywhere else except Ireland (save for us obviously)? I think it was a decent appointment at the time I thought, as it was something different and not one of the usual boring names, but it wasn’t to be, and saw us turn in some total garbage stuff in the First Division.

As for the person saying that he was light years ahead of other managers and could have been our Alex Ferguson, he needs sectioned. That’s one of the most ludicrous things I’ve ever heard. Alex Ferguson made sure he was respected and wasn’t afraid to punt players if they didn’t fall in line. He emptied a load of players when he first arrived at Manchester United for example. He also tailored his tactics and methods to his team, and again, if folk in that team didn’t get it, they were swiftly and mercilessly moved on. He also stood for no shit from boards, as seen by his departure from St Mirren.

I really don’t get why folk see Kenny as some sort of managerial genius who we treated terribly and who could have been a saviour and club legend. Total pish. He’s a mediocre manager who works at a fairly poor level and has never risen above it, and never will.

27 minutes ago, JF-DAFC said:

Interesting thread going on on .net right now....

Folk laying into Jim McIntyre, Nipper Thomson regarding the Stephen Kenny era. Maybe old news to most, but not to me.

I understand folk being unhappy at senior players but Kenny was allowed to double the wage bill in a failed attempt to dodge relegation and as manager was meant to "manage" the squad. You could see on the pitch there was open dissent/contempt between Bamba, Kenny and Scott Wilson but Kenny would just stand with his arms folded. Jim McIntyre did a better job of emptying the squad of wasters, like him or not. His ruthless streak brought us promotion and unearthed guys like Cardle, Gibson Bell and Phinn. McIntyre's biggest crime seems to have been that he wasn't a sycophant or dyed in the wool Pars fan. 

Funny that Stephen Kenny has never once mentioned any sort of big conspiracy against him. There’s nothing stopping him saying players undermined him if that’s true. He wouldn’t have to name names. He could even phrase it like ‘I felt that some players were undermining me’, so that he isn’t making any accusations and just gives it as an opinion.

But there’s not a hint of that.

Here are some articles about his time at the club;

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/dunfermline-sack-kenny-during-players-964028

In this one there is a direct quote ;

He said: "I have to accept it and move on. I don't bear anyone at the club any ill will and I wish everyone all the best.

"I met John on Monday night and he told me I would definitely be in charge for the weekend and everything was fine but there was obviously a change of heart.

"I'm not sure what happened but there's no point getting upset.

I've had very good experiences as well as poor ones in the last year and I'm looking on this as a missed opportunity.

"This year I've had to cope with eight operations to players - five knees, a metatarsal, a back and a hip - but there are no excuses.

https://www.irishpost.com/sport/from-dunfermline-to-dundalk-how-stephen-kenny-has-turned-his-career-around-72380

This one has the direct quotes;

“I was 35 when I walked out next to Gordon Strachan for the Scottish Cup final against Celtic at Hampden," Kenny told the Scottish Sun. “That was unheard of. Looking back, I was extremely young and inexperienced for a very difficult job. 

"However, I am a different person now. I’ve progressed and evolved as a manager. My training methods and approach have completely changed.

“With experience, you get better and I have worked hard and learned from the mistakes I made at Dunfermline."

If he was ‘light years’ ahead then why does he admit to pretty much the opposite?

Also

Jiggies... :lol:

Anyway, Kenny always seemed like a decent guy but was just simply not good enough. That's the extent of it all.

Quite bizarre how this keeps on going on. It was over 10 years ago. It's irrelevant now. Once again, if Kenny wanted to say anything about it, he would have. He's clearly moved on so why don't others?

Edited by DA Baracus

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

McIntyre biggest crime was his inexperience and lack of squad strengthening after promotion. Wasn't the first and won't be the last to do so.

Aye, we started the Premier with a worse squad than had won the championship, that was never going to end well. 

Looking forward to the opening of the King Stephen Kenny Stand. A fitting tribute for our greatest ever manager. Hope he remembers it when he's in charge at Manchester United.

Strangely though his biggest fans seem to think he's a liar given how they contradict his own words in interviews he's given since.

I doubt the next Alex Ferguson will be too bothered though as he'll soon be an icon to millions.

Edited by DA Baracus

57 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

.net really is filled to the brim with literal worst c***s.

Wonder if they've still got all the absolute fucking wankstains that tried to hide what was going on pre-admin and were very nearly complicit in the club dying?

I'd imagine so, yes. The site owner, the aforementioned Brian, is a piece of shit who was well in with Masterton and Yorkston and defended them to the death, as well as trying to cover it all up by deleting posts on his wee forum and banning folk from posting. That he has the nerve to still run a Dunfermline fan forum is prettu astonishing.

It's why myself and plenty of others stopped posting there. As stated it's mostly the absolute dregs of the Pars support who use that site, alongside some folk who should know better. The mods are dicks as well, although there seems to be something about being a mod that can turn a person in to a bit of a w**k, or at least make them act like dicks when someone dares challenge them.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd imagine so, yes. The site owner, the aforementioned Brian, is a piece of shit who was well in with Masterton and Yorkston and defended them to the death, as well as trying to cover it all up by deleting posts on his wee forum and banning folk from posting. That he has the nerve to still run a Dunfermline fan forum is prettu astonishing.

It's why myself and plenty of others stopped posting there. As stated it's mostly the absolute dregs of the Pars support who use that site, alongside some folk who should know better. The mods are dicks as well, although there seems to be something about being a mod that can turn a person in to a bit of a w**k, or at least make them act like dicks when someone dares challenge them.

I met Brian briefly in the pub post match on Saturday and he seemed like a nice guy, I'm sure he knows he fucked up in those days but by all means Masterton was constantly threatening him which would've been pretty scary tbf.