Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Seen quite a few comments from Pars fans saying we should sign Declan McDaid. Apart from his goal a few weeks back against us, which was more down to crap Williamson defending and poor goalkeeping, I have seen no reason for this desire to sign him.

Looking at Ayr fans comments from last night, they seem to think the same. Some of them saying get rid.

Think it's just the fact that he's one of the few wingers in the division who is capable of getting past a man and getting a cross in. FWIW, I thought he was good in most of the games I've seen him play against us, I'm not basing any critique of him solely on one game and one goal.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Seen quite a few comments from Pars fans saying we should sign Declan McDaid. Apart from his goal a few weeks back against us, which was more down to crap Williamson defending and poor goalkeeping, I have seen no reason for this desire to sign him.

Looking at Ayr fans comments from last night, they seem to think the same. Some of them saying get rid.

I'm not convinced by him either.

24 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hes not good enough. We should be signing players like gardyne if we really want to go up.
The championship winners usually always have good wide players. Last season we had none.

:lol:

42 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I realise we cant afford him but that's true. We need to sign the best players.

We do need to sign the best players.

Every team says that though.

Just read that. Horrifying stuff that our walk-up income is less than our League One winning season, maybe we should be keeping our fingers crossed for the wee team to gain promotion after all, just for the extra income? 

I've no doubt that the sacking of AJ and SC will be making a huge chunk of that loss.

Also good to read that they're encouraging fans to be realistic with expectations. 

In all though, it's depressing reading. We're damn lucky that we're not having to contemplate relegation on top of all this. 

I think expectations of promotion and play-off places may need to be stripped back. Staying in this league and hovering around mid-table might be more realistic. 

Going with young players and building a team will take a lot of time. 

Never know. We might strike lucky with a few gems and everything falls into place like Livi and Ayr over the last few years. 

The one encouraging thing that you can take from that is next season's view on youth players. I'm excited to see what talent we can bring through. If they get it wrong however, it could be a very grim season ahead indeed.

But that goes to show how shite a season we all had. Need to forget and rebuild ASAP.

It'll be a solid league next year if Dundee United don't go up. Partick will no doubt bounce back as well and Dundee should be able to build a decent team. Crowds will take another turn should Dundee United be replaced by Hamilton and Raith fail to come up through the play-offs. Not good. 

If we're going to stick with Crawford and sign young players and train them up then I'd take 8th place before a ball is kicked.  

This league isn't rocket science and doesn't need a big budget to get out of. A change in the way we recruit players will be massive and I'm glad to hear we're looking at it that way.

Que signing a bunch of duds from down south ala Falkirk last summer[emoji23]

Pretty grim reading I would agree, however good to see its being addressed in the proper maner - shows the really fine margins we are working in, a few fewer injuries, finishing 5th and beating rovers in the cup and that statment would have been more positive. However I would much rather we look after the players in our employ rather than othe clubs who dont pay for their medical care. Lets hope the young players inditified can push us on up the league.

As an aside and very concious of Dundees efforts a few seasons ago have the P&B pars ever sponsored a player? Is there intrest or are you all quite rightly worried about giving a stranger £10 

Very grim reading indeed. You can tell why they took so long to sack AJ as it's clearly had a significant financial impact. Although, the blame lies on those who got carried away and offered the new deal. Also confirms that Crawford was the cheap option. Hopefully with his own players he can try to create an exciting young team that fans can actually identify with.

I understand they feel they had no choice but to raise prices but this is a terrible move. I already begrudge paying £18, especially when the quality is so poor. Charging more and selling it basically as a charitable move means we are in absolutely dire straits. Guilt tripping people into buying tickets is really desperate.

Thomson missing a big chunk of next season is a big blow but sadly not unexpected. It looked a bad one at the time.

I'm glad we know the state of play at least and safe to say no one will be expecting too much next season, so the reduced expectations might help morale a little if we can put a few wins together. Sad state of affairs though, especially after we seemed to be out of the woods.