Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Surprised by Williamson going. He's still 'young' enough to be offered a new deal and I feel with proper coaching he'll end up playing at a very decent level - i'm thinking he'll follow the same type of route as Byrne did. 

The board/ Crawford must have some plan in mind...i'm still not convinced by Stevie but time will tell...

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Andy Ryan a “meh” but Craigen is a “PUNT”?

Aye. Think we haven't seen the best from Ryan. I could be wrong and it is that he's not been good enough this whole time, but I think there's a player in there that we haven't got the best from yet.

Craigen I'm not bothered about either way.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Oooft. You lads are on dangerous rebuild ground now... Theres some on that list id probably take for league 1 tbh.

f**k happened to Ryan Williamson? Thought yous would have managed a fee for him at some point. Hold on too long?

Bear in mind at thos point we got money for Tony Gallacher

Williamson had a couple of serious injuries and wasn't the same after. Think his confidence took a big knock from the second one, and he hasn't really been the same since. He's shown flashes but just hasn't been able to do it consistently enough.

Think the vast majority of Pars fans will wish him well and hope he goes on to do well for himself.

Oooft. You lads are on dangerous rebuild ground now... Theres some on that list id probably take for league 1 tbh.

f**k happened to Ryan Williamson? Thought yous would have managed a fee for him at some point. Hold on too long?

Turn two of our wins this season into draws and we’d have finished 10th. We almost can’t get any worse anyway so it’s worth the risk.

Williamson hasn’t been the same since his injuries. He was never a brilliant defender but his attacking made him a great asset. He now seems hesitant doing that. I think if he could get his confidence back then he’d rip League 1 apart in a Falkirk shirt tbh

Thought Ryan Williamson was going to be the Scotland right back solution [emoji23]

He’ll probably end up Stark’s Park way.

Who’s in charge of the rebuild then, Crawford and McNamara? Oooft.

Turn two of our wins this season into draws and we’d have finished 10th. We almost can’t get any worse anyway so it’s worth the risk.

Williamson hasn’t been the same since his injuries. He was never a brilliant defender but his attacking made him a great asset. He now seems hesitant doing that. I think if he could get his confidence back then he’d rip League 1 apart in a Falkirk shirt tbh
We havent had an actual right back for about 4 years now so hed be more than welcome to come and give it a go.

I'm in agreement with DA here, I think there's a player in Andy Ryan. Just look at how long it took him to carve a chance against Inverness, not that long. If we can get some creative players around him I think there's a good goalscorer there. Aye, he had that miss against Falkirk but I've seen much better strikers miss similar sitters.

I thought him and Keena looked great at Inverness last time. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We havent had an actual right back for about 4 years now so hed be more than welcome to come and give it a go.

He's a right back who can't defend if that suits.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He's sh*te, that's what happened. Good lad I'm sure but not a good footballer, when the going gets tough anyway.

He's sh*te, that's what happened. Good lad I'm sure but not a good footballer, when the going gets tough anyway.
Fair enough. This seems like the most brutal assessment so I will accept this one. We have seen more than our share of shitebags recently so maybe hes not for us

Just now, DAFC. said:

Williamson is a shadow of a player he once was. Maybe a change of team and manager might help him but it was definitely the right call. 

Never looked right (understandably) after his 2 shocking injuries. But he was a poor player, I wonder if the plan is for Martin to cover RB

26 minutes ago, DaveDAFC90 said:

No surprises there. Could be an exciting pre-season with a load of new players due to arrive. Crucial we get this right though.

Not had a clear out like this since our last pre-season in League 1

Sounds very Falkirk-y IMO.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Fair enough. This seems like the most brutal assessment so I will accept this one. We have seen more than our share of shitebags recently so maybe hes not for us

The lad had two horrific injuries close together, I absolutely accept that his confidence was knocked, but when you need fighters out there and he's ducking out of 50/50's you quickly lose patience. I always thought he could be moved further forward, use him as a winger as his running and dribbling capability were very good, but people seemed to think he wouldn't work as a winger. His defending skills weren't great, unless we were playing a Stenny and up 5-0, then the qualities were seen as there was no risk to attempting something on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Thought Ryan Williamson was going to be the Scotland right back solution emoji23.png

He’ll probably end up Stark’s Park way.

Who’s in charge of the rebuild then, Crawford and McNamara? Oooft.

Crawford, given that he's the manager. 

It's not a difficult one, despite your attempts at insinuations that McNamara is somehow in charge.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Why do people want Andy Ryan to stay?

Agreed Rab, I keep seeing that open goal Vs Falkirk back in November. Good finisher but didn't do it enough when given the chance. If he stays he'll get my backing as they all will, but he better start doing something rapid.

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Crawford, given that he's the manager. 

It's not a difficult one, despite your attempts at insinuations that McNamara is somehow in charge.

I think Enigma raises a good point. Until Macnamara's role is properly defined to us, it is left open to insinuation.