Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Dunfermline just got a mention on guardian football weekly.

Is Alloa’s Alan Trouten really the top scorer at East End Park this season? 

As far as I'm aware, yes. 

22 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A few unrelated thoughts on my lunch break today:

• When do we usually announce who's getting new deals and who's offski?
  • Is Robbie Muirhead one of our worst signings ever?
  • If Crawford gets the summer to change the squad and then gets punted after a poor start to the campaign, I'll be seething. I don't think he's the man but if they're backing him than back him until Christmas at the *very* least. Preferably, bring in someone else in the next month, though.
  • How dull will our fixtures look next season if Falkirk go down and Rovers don't win the play-offs? Arbroath away is the only game that stands out to me.

I think it'll be next week when we find out what current players are staying and who's going. I could count on one hand the players that I'd keep, regardless of who's contracted and who's not - Scully, J Longridge, Beadling, Thomson, Craigen. He's not shone and I've been a critic of his this season, but if Faiss becomes available I'd bring him back and get someone for him to play with. Hopefully being signed with us he's not thinking about Dundee and get some of his confidence back.

I got excited when Muirhead signed, thought he would be excellent - he's been far from it. Lazy, looks to have an attitude and like his head is anywhere else but trying to win a game of football, for us at least.

I feel loyal to Stevie, but the last few weeks have been awful, absolute dung. Part of me thinks we should give him a go and let him bring in his own men, but part of me can visualise a Jim Goodwin holding the scarf up at East End then absolutely murdering people in pre-season. We've looked so unfit this season.

Aye the fixtures won't look great, but I'm happy to see Falkirk go down for obvious reasons. I just enjoy going to the football with my mates, sure the Falkirk game brings more excitement but if we're playing well, scoring and winning I won't care who it's against. Arbroath away sounds tasty, was there for the League Cup game at the beginning of the last title winning season, nice July sunny day. Different ball game in December :).

Edited by JFPar

Yup, punting Faiss is inevitable. I defended him longer than I should have this season but his performance against Falkirk was so poor and his goals record is shocking.

Longridge, Beadling, Thomson, Scully and Craigen staying I'd be fine with. Guys like Devine, Higgy, Hippo, Connolly, Muirhead needed released pronto.

25 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yup, punting Faiss is inevitable. I defended him longer than I should have this season but his performance against Falkirk was so poor and his goals record is shocking.

Longridge, Beadling, Thomson, Scully and Craigen staying I'd be fine with. Guys like Devine, Higgy, Hippo, Connolly, Muirhead needed released pronto.

Devine and Hippo are more than capable of being on the bench for a team chasing promotion, pointless wasting funds to empty championship standard players. I would be quite happy if we had a tighter squad next season using the reserves for squad rotation if needed

58 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Devine and Hippo are more than capable of being on the bench for a team chasing promotion, pointless wasting funds to empty championship standard players. I would be quite happy if we had a tighter squad next season using the reserves for squad rotation if needed

They are both absolutely garbage mate and have no business playing at this level.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They are both absolutely garbage mate and have no business playing at this level.

2 teams have conceded fewer goals than us this campaign Devine is more than capable of slotting in when required and Hippo has made the promotion play offs twice as a lesser player in the squad no reason to suggest he couldn't do the same for us. Empty everyone out of contract and hope we bring some ballers in to keep the players we have been forced to keep our the 11

We parked the bus for half a season to protect the garbage defence. The goals against column is despite guys like Devine, Ashcroft and Durnan. It's quite clear to see how shite Devine is. Stecky plodder.

Craigen has done a really good job at fullback. Won player of the month and can’t think of too many mistakes from him. He also occasionally makes amazing mazy runs. A good utility squad player to have.

Next season I think we need.

Keepers 

Scully

A good number two  

loan out Gill to league one,

Defenders

Craigen

new right back

Ashcroft

Devine no option, end contract?

New centre backs one of near premiership quality one good on the ball other shouter/leader type. 

Martin pre season and try at left back backup 

J Longridge

Midfielders

Joe Thomson

Beadling

Todd

Two ball playing midfielders, number 10 style

Possible cover for Beadling/Thomson loan signing till Xmas.

Hippo, no option sell or end contract

x2 high quality wingers 

Forwards

Andy Ryan

Sell Smith or end contract

X1 Proven goal scorer

McManus or  Brian Graham type nuisance player/target man

We never replaced Morris, Aird, Clark or McManus. We must get a good quality centre half, wingers and a goal scorer.

2 teams have conceded fewer goals than us this campaign Devine is more than capable of slotting in when required and Hippo has made the promotion play offs twice as a lesser player in the squad no reason to suggest he couldn't do the same for us. Empty everyone out of contract and hope we bring some ballers in to keep the players we have been forced to keep our the 11

I think there’s an obvious reason we are so negative in the way we set up and it’s because they’re terrified of exposing Devine to opposition attacks. He was appalling for Thistle when I saw him against Livi in the play-off last season and he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s any good. Even this league is above him and the standard is shocking.

Hippo has scored about 5 league goals in the last 2 1/2 half years but we should keep him because he collected cones for clubs that did ok in previous seasons? Interesting idea anyway.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think there’s an obvious reason we are so negative in the way we set up and it’s because they’re terrified of exposing Devine to opposition attacks. He was appalling for Thistle when I saw him against Livi in the play-off last season and he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s any good. Even this league is above him and the standard is shocking.

Hippo has scored about 5 league goals in the last 2 1/2 half years but we should keep him because he collected cones for clubs that did ok in previous seasons? Interesting idea anyway.

I don't think anyone in the Thistle team looked very good against an ok Livi side. I would agree that when him and Ashcroft have kept things simple at the back we haven't conceded, not the prettiest thing in the world but like I say if he was kept out of the team by a better pairing at CB then I would be pretty comfortable with him being used as cover. Hippos goal return is obviously not what you would want from a star striker however the fact he can play either wing and is actually best out on the left means he is still a decent option to have in the squad, certainly I would be seriously pissed off if we spent vital cash paying off contracts of players who had been here this season.

Aye but 2 of them were at TFS against the manky mob, give him a 5 year extension imo.