Walking Down The Halbeath Road

41 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

This is either going to be incredible or a complete Falkirk 2018/19 of a season.

I believe. 

I think Craw is building a great squad of players and, I don’t think they’ll embarrass themselves or the club. 

I can see us surprising many teams that’ll see us as easy meat like falkirk were last season. 

1 hour ago, P475 said:

I believe. 

I think Craw is building a great squad of players and, I don’t think they’ll embarrass themselves or the club. 

I can see us surprising many teams that’ll see us as easy meat like falkirk were last season. 

Maybe one more attacking player if budget/availability allows but otherwise the squad is complete so there's plenty of time for Dair/Shields/Stevie to get them all whipped into shape. 

From what Crawford said on Thursday interview I think we'll see one more player max, probably another winger on loan. I think the good thing about this season is that the expectations have been set early doors with the budgetary constraints and young team so hopefully supporters don't expect too much too soon and have some patience with the young guns.

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Really though, one more signing? We're incredibly inexperienced at this level, it's giving me the fear.

We had an experienced team last season and we were rank rotten. Most of the players had played at Championship level or higher.

I'd still take a comfortable 7th/8th right now. Not convinced by most of the signings and it does seem very Falkirk last summer. The only thing that convinces me we won't go down is the rest of the league looks equally shitty.

Crawford has said we should judge him from now on so he has to deliver. He's still got decent backing from those who know him and remember his time as a player but he's done nothing as Pars manager yet. He's claimed this was entirely the fault of the previous squad and maybe he's right? He won't have that excuse this season though, so I'd expect to see a significant improvement in the quality of play and results.

I really want us to do well and if we were successful under a Pars man then that's an added bonus. I'm not sure where people are getting their confidence for the upcoming season though, unless it's purely blind faith.

On the flip side how many times have we been beaten or finished below average looking teams?

Livingston and ICT seem to get more out of guys like Rooney, Byrne and McKay. We do look very raw but if we can get fitter and are better organised than other sides we can push top half. We will be an unknown quantity for the first quarter and might surprise a few sides. 

Crawford has his team now and has to deliver, the fans need to have a little patience. Hopefully the league cup draw will benefit us as it’s good opposition to get confidence and we should be beating 3/4 teams.

I haven’t really studied many of the other sides but I can’t see many teams running away with it like last year.

Dundee, United, Partick top three and the rest is much the same apart from Arbroath and Alloa. I expect Ayr and ICT to do worse without Shankland and Polworth. 

I still think we will sign two or three before the season starts.

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I'd take 8th right now if we're only signing one or two more players. That squad is nowhere near good enough.

Seriously. How do you know that we’re “nowhere near good enough”? 

We've signed predominantly young boys from the lower leagues; unknown 18 year-olds from England (who haven't played a single game of full-time football); kept the core of last year's car crash squad; and also signed Paul Paton. So, forgive me for "writing off" this team before a ball is kicked. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We've signed predominantly young boys from the lower leagues; unknown 18 year-olds from England (who haven't played a single game of full-time football); kept the core of last year's car crash squad; and also signed Paul Paton. So, forgive me for "writing off" this team before a ball is kicked. 

Is your cup always half empty? 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Agree with the rest but this isn't true. The only guy remaining from last season that I'd absolutely rather was punted is Devine and he's got another year on his deal. Can't see why anyone would be upset about keeping Scully, Gill, Ashcroft, Beadling, Thomson, Martin, Ryan and Smith. I wouldn't have minded if a couple of those had been let go but fairy satisfied to see them given another chance.

3 minutes ago, P475 said:

Is your cup always half empty? 

I think the best strategy would be to explain why you're feeling so positive about the new season, rather than simply dismissing those that have a different opinion. I'd honestly like to hear what people think because it might make me more optimistic.

I am excited for the new season but have low expectations. I'm curious about what the starting XI will be against Dundee for the first league match, interested who will be hailed as a hero after a couple of decent League Cup games and keen to see the new style/formation that Crawford has in mind for us.