Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Finishing outside the top 4 with the amount of money on wages and undisclosed fees we'll have spent would be nothing short of a disgrace, not to mention how dogshit this league is as well.

Edited by DAFC.

If we somehow finish 4th or better, do you think Crawford will be given another season? 
Would depend on how we got on in the play offs you'd think. A journey to the final when we get narrowly beaten by Killie - he stays. A quarter final, comprehensive shagging by either Dundee or Raith (more likely of the 2 scenarios) then surely the appetite for him to stay would be minimum.

Crawford stays if we finish 4th regardless of what happens. 

Get Tim Walter in. He's unemployed and German. Going from a dugout in front of 60k at Stuttgart to West Fife sounds like a perfect move. 

30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Crawford stays if we finish 4th regardless of what happens. 

Get Tim Walter in. He's unemployed and German. Going from a dugout in front of 60k at Stuttgart to West Fife sounds like a perfect move. 

This is what worries me. Scrape into 4th and stuck with this management. Not sure I could stomach another season of this. At least finishing out of the play-off will bring change and a bit of fresh optimism going into a new season.

I can't see the current management getting this team to overtake ICT, Raith or Dundee from here now anyway.   It's not just a dip in form. This has been a long winded decline for months that they've not been able to turn around.         

Edited by Chubbychops

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

This is what worries me. Scrape into 4th and stuck with this management. Not sure I could stomach another season of this. At least finishing out of the play-off will bring change and a bit of fresh optimism going into a new season.

I can't see the current management getting this team to overtake ICT, Raith or Dundee from here now.   It's not just a dip in form. This have been a long winded decline for months that they not been able to turn around.                  

This is what I'm worried about too. If we somehow make it, then take a huge pasting from whomever are we to then watch another season of this? 

I just hope that there will be someone available that has the ability to take a squad like ours and make it reach the consistency of good results and performances it's capable of.

Seen the Craw while he was out for a run today. 😍

Have to say...I did go a little giddy! He's still an absolute hero of mine...he'd really have to do some diabolical shit to change that. 

(In the same vein, I was able to tell Westie that I loved him as I cycled past him and his wife a few months ago. Its the little things.)

Guest Axle Grease
5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If we somehow finish 4th or better, do you think Crawford will be given another season? 

In the nicest possible way, get to absolute f**k with that idea 😂

In the nicest possible way, get to absolute f**k with that idea [emoji23]
Eh? I'm merely asking the question on what may happen. I'm certainly not advocating it.
Unless I've completely mis understood something here.

Guest Axle Grease
3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Eh? I'm merely asking the question on what may happen. I'm certainly not advocating it.
Unless I've completely mis understood something here.

It's just too hard to contemplate the Craw staying. It's that simple. 

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19215795.dunfermline-athletic-team-rosyth-fc-shared-facility-proposals/?fbclid=IwAR16K4K-0eK0OVj8WAZ3jCgudWMUcx7FUb50BPcNKKppnTikkXj-LjAF1Co

Pars looking at creating a training facility at the civil service grounds in Rosyth. Then further down the line,  building their own youth academy backed by the German investors. 

Good to see some serious moves in the background that backs up the investment plans we heard about last year.

Edited by Chubbychops

12 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19215795.dunfermline-athletic-team-rosyth-fc-shared-facility-proposals/?fbclid=IwAR16K4K-0eK0OVj8WAZ3jCgudWMUcx7FUb50BPcNKKppnTikkXj-LjAF1Co

Pars looking at creating a training facility at the civil service grounds in Rosyth. Then further down the line,  building their own youth academy backed by the German investors. 

Good to see some serious moves in the background that backs up the investment plans we heard about last year.

I'm a member of the CSSC and as far as I'm aware/ the last I heard the ground was being taken over by the Edinburgh branch for them to run. But obviously the training ground is a priority for the new investors.

Not a suprise to see the Press running the story before the club and the council reply.

As a complete aside, interested to hear your thoughts on the Supporters Council or lack thereof. We haven't had a session since November 2019 and I was wondering if that was something people felt was missing?

Interesting regards your own youth academy, as I understand it the four Fife clubs are involved in the Fife Academy (correct me if I’m wrong) I’m assuming you’d withdraw from this. I wonder how that’d impact the Fife academy in terms of funding, not sure how it’s funded currently but I assume the four clubs pay into it. Obviously your own youth academy is a huge plus for Dunfermline as other clubs have done well out of them and producing players is always a plus.

20 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Interesting regards your own youth academy, as I understand it the four Fife clubs are involved in the Fife Academy (correct me if I’m wrong) I’m assuming you’d withdraw from this. I wonder how that’d impact the Fife academy in terms of funding, not sure how it’s funded currently but I assume the four clubs pay into it. Obviously your own youth academy is a huge plus for Dunfermline as other clubs have done well out of them and producing players is always a plus.

Dunfermline provide the majority of the (limited) funding bolstered by SFA grants as far as I know Raith provide facilities rather than payment into the coffers. As far as I know East Fife and Cowdenbeath don't pay in.

There is also money coming in from player sales like was it Kerion Bowie who left you guys?

I think if Dunfermline pulled out (we would after establishing an academy) then the FEFA would fold unless Raith shouldered the majority of the funding.

Theres something about Fife Elite which I really do like but it's obviously much preferable to have our own youth academy. If it's based down at the fleet ground, then very accessible for the rest of the central belt, edinburgh based players etc. Ideal tbh.

Theres something about Fife Elite which I really do like but it's obviously much preferable to have our own youth academy. If it's based down at the fleet ground, then very accessible for the rest of the central belt, edinburgh based players etc. Ideal tbh.

Think the story being discussed is about the civil service club grounds, not the Fleet ground. Isn’t the fleet ground the location of the new Inverkeithing High School?

Think the story being discussed is about the civil service club grounds, not the Fleet ground. Isn’t the fleet ground the location of the new Inverkeithing High School?
Possibly mate, just glanced at the article. Would make sense too.

13 hours ago, 101 said:

As a complete aside, interested to hear your thoughts on the Supporters Council or lack thereof. We haven't had a session since November 2019 and I was wondering if that was something people felt was missing?

I think they have their value and it's good that the club have these open conversations with fans. You do sometimes get interesting wee nuggets of information from them and it also gives the board a chance to dispel misinformation that can go about message boards, so it can be a two way benefit.

I don't think the majority fans will even realise that's there not been one though. It tends to be the same faces that attend these events from what I've heard. It's a nice to have but not a huge factor if fans feel engaged or not. Think results on the pitch do that.

Personally I have never been to one, but will read the minutes of it when posted on line. 

Edited by Chubbychops

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Do we really have the capacity for running our own youth academy? I genuinely don't know if that is sustainable in the long term for a club like us. 

I think it's a criteria for the UEFA solidarity payment or whatever the call it, so if Scottish teams made it to certain stages of European competition it would actually cost the club several hundred thousand not to have an academy, even a small one.