Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I would be very surprised if McPake thought we needed a wee kid on loan. We've got enough of our own.

To be fair, I don't think there's any chance he's even League 2 level at this point in his career. He's just getting good development minutes in at a young age, could go on to do well but we seem to step up our loans. Jack Hamilton for examples went about a few non-league clubs and then went League 2>1>Championsip x3/4>English League 2. We seem to have a plan in place for some level of developing these guys but you'd imagine it's still 2-3 years before he'd be ready to start even in League 1.

Only one that broke the mould was Schwake but he was in League 2 TOTY and a standout for Edinburgh City. He went League 2>Championship

5 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Shields was the one that was rumoured.  How realistic that is, I don't know though. 

Given that there's only 3 months until the next window, you would hope that there might be a Premier League player or two, who are on the fringes at the moment, that might fancy dropping down to get a dozen games under their belt. 

I could understand if they didn't fancy a season's long loan - unless they are at Celtic or Rangers and miles down the pecking order - but someone currently bench-warming at Motherwell or Livingston could surely see it as an opportunity to impress.

I was thinking that might be perfect for the Ukrainian lad at St Johnstone, Brechin seemed to rate him and he was with Kelty for a bit last season, so would be impressive if he went from L2 into playing in the Prem. And I think they have folk like O'Halloran ahead of him on the bench.

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Mentioned this on our (Motherwell) thread a couple of weeks ago, McPake was at our Reserves game against Queens Park. I don't know if he was taking a look at anyone or just fancied an afternoon out in Lanarkshire.

These were the teams fwiw:

Motherwell: Oxborough, Mugabi, Devine (Dunachie, 45′), O’Donnell, Gould, Maguire (MacDonald, 71′), Cornelius, McKinstry (Hunter 45′), Shields (Moult, 71′), Aarons (Ross, 45′), Mahon.

Subs not used: Connelly, Wells, Ferrie

Queen’s Park: Heraghty, Mauchin, Naismith, Bannon, Bruce, Nicol (Thomson 80′), Jarrett, Brown (Biggar 65′), Longridge (McQuaid 73′), Moore (Fairlie 65′), McLeish (McCormick 45′).

Subs not used: Graham, Russell, Reid, Lind.

Aye, your post brought out the only rumours we've had for weeks! 

Any games that people would like covered on our podcast? Or periods of time?
The 4-1 Motherwell game from 2007 or the Forfar play off semi 2nd leg from 2013 are 2 of my favourites and are outwith maybe the normal favourite games of the past that get mentioned.

29 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The 4-1 Motherwell game from 2007 or the Forfar play off semi 2nd leg from 2013 are 2 of my favourites and are outwith maybe the normal favourite games of the past that get mentioned.

"Classic Pars wins...just before relegation" series?

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Could try and get Josh Falkingham, to talk about when everyone in the Peterhead team wanted to kill him? Always wondered if there was something he had done to instigate things/wind them up.

Anyone talking about the cup run in 2007 would be interesting too. Particularly given the poor league form, would be interesting hearing about it from a player’s perspective.

The 5-4 Stenny game was obviously a good one. There was a game in 2015-16 when we came from 2 down (I think?) to beat Ayr 3-2 at East End. I’d also say anyone from the Calderwood era/the 2003/04 season would be interesting. Sure there would be loads of memorable games to pick from in that era.

Obviously no idea how easy (or not) it will be, to find guests that were involved in games you want to discuss. Just thought I’d throw some suggestions out there.

1 minute ago, mac.i said:

What about some of the sixties European glory nights? Does limit your ability to talk about your own experiences of the games though.

1988 v Rangers? https://youtu.be/IhW0pLDWnvk

Anything 1994 backwards in time and I'll be struggling to add anything but more than happy to try some of the 60s games if I can link up with the right people.

Also, some of the previous suggestions might already be in motion.