Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Less likely than Matty Todd apparently, who is 5/1

I thought it was a pretty horrendous blunder when they still had Michael Paton in there till I realised he’s a player/coach at Albion. 

Doing a quick look I think we're out. The following - 

Livingston - C

Morton - D

Dundee - E

St Mirren - H

Are all in better positions, if they all get the results they're expected to get then we're out. 

Good to see we won, kept a clean sheet and Sutherland managed to get himself a goal.

Concerning to read that Fisher may also be hurt but hoping it was just a precaution.

Our chances of qualifying:

Group A - Unless Stirling win at St Johnstone or draw and pick up a bonus point, this one should go our way.

Group B - Another group that should be fine, barring a 5 goal win for Falkirk over Peterhead or two surprise wins for Spartans over Peterhead & Thistle.

Group C - Livingston will beat Clyde and move to 10 points & either Hamilton or Cove will finish on 9 or more guaranteed.

Group D - Ross County all but certain to pick up at least three points from their games with Edinburgh & Kelty, leaving Morton just needing to beat Edinburgh at Cappielow

Group E - Airdrie already have 9 points and Dundee will get to that mark as well if they can beat Dumbarton and ICT at Dens. This one could go either way.

Group F - If Killie beat Raith tomorrow then we'll be confirmed in 2nd. Any other result could see us slip to 3rd.

Group G - Unless East Fife get a shock result at Motherwell or QOS batter QP, this section should land our way.

Group H - We need St Mirren lose at home to Forfar or draw and lose the shootout. Very unlikely.

I don't know the exact percentage chance we have but I'd say it's an extreme long shot.

8 points is always going to be a tough ask to be enough to go into the next round but with the group we’ve drawn(partly our own fault for being a 3rd seed, partly the bizzare nature of the seeding that league 1 sides can be 2nd seeds with championship sides 3rd seeds) I think it’s a reasonable return for us.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Good to see we won, kept a clean sheet and Sutherland managed to get himself a goal.

Concerning to read that Fisher may also be hurt but hoping it was just a precaution.

Our chances of qualifying:

Group A - Unless Stirling win at St Johnstone or draw and pick up a bonus point, this one should go our way.

Group B - Another group that should be fine, barring a 5 goal win for Falkirk over Peterhead or two surprise wins for Spartans over Peterhead & Thistle.

Group C - Livingston will beat Clyde and move to 10 points & either Hamilton or Cove will finish on 9 or more guaranteed.

Group D - Ross County all but certain to pick up at least three points from their games with Edinburgh & Kelty, leaving Morton just needing to beat Edinburgh at Cappielow

Group E - Airdrie already have 9 points and Dundee will get to that mark as well if they can beat Dumbarton and ICT at Dens. This one could go either way.

Group F - If Killie beat Raith tomorrow then we'll be confirmed in 2nd. Any other result could see us slip to 3rd.

Group G - Unless East Fife get a shock result at Motherwell or QOS batter QP, this section should land our way.

Group H - We need St Mirren lose at home to Forfar or draw and lose the shootout. Very unlikely.

I don't know the exact percentage chance we have but I'd say it's an extreme long shot.

Yeah, was just looking at scenarios myself and think we’re as good as already out. Not a bad performance as 3rd seeds though, to be fair.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

8 points is always going to be a tough ask to be enough to go into the next round but with the group we’ve drawn(partly our own fault for being a 3rd seed, partly the bizzare nature of the seeding that league 1 sides can be 2nd seeds with championship sides 3rd seeds) I think it’s a reasonable return for us.

From looking at previous years, 8 points has only been enough to qualify for the next round on seven occasions and three of those were teams winning the group with 8.

That means in the seven seasons since they brought in the group stage format, only four sides have made it through as best runner up with 8 points.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Don’t know, only going by Craig cairns tweet over him holding his hamstring going off.  But maybe he’s misinterpreted it and he’s got the shits.

Cairns confirms the shits it is, which is fine as you’d imagine he’ll be well clear of them before our next game.

12 weeks for Todd is better than I was expecting, kinda in a twisted way pleased with that.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

From looking at previous years, 8 points has only been enough to qualify for the next round on seven occasions and three of those were teams winning the group with 8.

That means in the seven seasons since the brought in the group stage format, only four sides have made it through as best runner up with 8 points.

About 50/50 then, but in the last few years that has been reduced since it’s now only best 3 instead of best 4 runner ups.