Walking Down The Halbeath Road

29 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Update on East End Bounce forum from folk who attended a meeting with board tonight.

Goes a bit more into transfer policy, possible signing tomorrow. Fletcher is not a thing.

Then some boardroom vision for the future where players don't dive or fake injury All fluffy sounding stuff that I personally couldn't give a hoot about.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Was an interesting read. Hopefully a lot of what they’re trying comes to fruition.

I do hope we’re not being too ambitious with signing targets though, with them mentioning they’re signing for top flight clubs. But understand the idea that any signings have to be a good fit for the club/squad.

2 hours ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

We can’t go in to the first game of the season with a squad this thin. Surely no. Expecting a body or two in tomorrow or I can see the simpsons meme’s returning. 

It’s almost the day before the game - this is the dick we’ve got to pish with.

Also this bit on ST sales

''As of today it sits at 3418, last year at the same time it was 2500. ''

That's some effort from the fans,  pretty much 3500 season ticket holders. Just hope we get enough on the park to keep them coming back and add more.

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Was an interesting read. Hopefully a lot of what they’re trying comes to fruition.

I do hope we’re not being too ambitious with signing targets though, with them mentioning they’re signing for top flight clubs. But understand the idea that any signings have to be a good fit for the club/squad.

Charlie Reilly was one of the three targets alluded too, IMO glad we're in for young players like that who are stand outs in the lower leagues.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Then some boardroom vision for the future where players don't dive or fake injury All fluffy sounding stuff that I personally couldn't give a hoot about.

Admittedly wasn't at the presentation, and only going off the very good updates on EEB. 

However this part sounded like some amount of rubbish, can't say I get it at all. 

That was a very good post from the guy on EEB. The ST & kit sales are very promising.

Must admit I couldn’t give the slightest f**k about the fair play and sportsmanship stuff though. I think I’d have felt massively awkward sitting watching this presentation.

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Btw, the irony in our board spouting all this accountability/sportsmanship crap when they penned an actual club statement complaining about a decision that was absolutely the correct call.

Not the same board though is it?

To stand out internationally you have to do more than spunk a load of cash on players, I'm glad the investors have finally made their presentation to the wider fan base as obviously getting Dunfermline a reputation for this is one of the fundamentals of their investment strategy. Hopefully it pays off and hopefully doesn't come at the expense of being a soft touch. That said can't see Chris Hamilton being particularly interested in leaving the referees alone.

It is a good point about recruitment that bringing in squad fillers won't just take wages away from potentially better targets but also risk upsetting the balance of the squad something that has been spoken about so often since McPake came in.

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I must have missed Meggle stepping down.

Ah, so Meggle is the board then? Just him and no one else?

Did you miss Ross McArthur stepping down? Bob Garmory stepping down? Jim Leishman stepping down? Did you miss the new appointments to the board?

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ah, so Meggle is the board then? Just him and no one else?

Did you miss Ross McArthur stepping down? Bob Garmory stepping down? Jim Leishman stepping down? Did you miss the new appointments to the board?

Ok, I'll rephrase.

The irony of Thomas Meggle, who wrote the statement and is part of the current board of directors / investment group, spouting all this accountability/sportsmanship crap when he penned an actual club statement complaining about a decision that was absolutely the correct call.

Better?

Just now, VinnyPar said:

Ok, I'll rephrase.

The irony of Thomas Meggle, who wrote the statement and is part of the current board of directors / investment group, spouting all this accountability/sportsmanship crap when he penned an actual club statement complaining about a decision that was absolutely the correct call.

Better?

Yes, that's better.

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Update on East End Bounce forum from folk who attended a meeting with board tonight.

Goes a bit more into transfer policy, possible signing tomorrow. Fletcher is not a thing.

When McPake was first asked about Wotherspoon he reacted in the same way. Tomorrow the stands will be singing Stevie Fletcher, Dunfermline’s number… f**k knows don’t know what numbers free as we’ve not had a squad list on the official website for about 9 weeks. 

30 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

When McPake was first asked about Wotherspoon he reacted in the same way. Tomorrow the stands will be singing Stevie Fletcher, Dunfermline’s number… f**k knows don’t know what numbers free as we’ve not had a squad list on the official website for about 9 weeks. 

That's because we have half a squad and some of the U18 squad playing all preseason. One day we will have a squad to put up there. Hopefully.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Btw, the irony in our board spouting all this accountability/sportsmanship crap when they penned an actual club statement complaining about a decision that was absolutely the correct call.

Also, going to be a hard sell to a wider audience when they hear the NW chanting about dead opposition supporters.

14 hours ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Partick announce 2 new faces 

Morton add one 

Ayr about to announce a signing. 

Meanwhile we sign a keeper on loan because  our first choice got injured. 

Something is no right, either our board are as tight as a ducks backside or McPake has no appeal. 

frustrating as fxxk

We need that twitter community context function here admin. 

Those four signings consist of:

Two teenage centre backs, could be good, could just be bench warmers. None of us would have been excited about either. 

A 37 year old GK, not even sure if he's going to be first choice. 

Kerr McInroy - decent signing, will probably do a job but would rather have Byrne. 

14 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Having listened to our recruitment process, it sounds like something Man Utd would have in place for signing 70 million quid targets.

I know that when we originally looked at Mochrie the board wanted a detailed "dossier" about his strengths, weaknesses, where he'd fit in with our squad and ethos and all that, and that was just for a loan signing! 

38 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Also, going to be a hard sell to a wider audience when they hear the NW chanting about dead opposition supporters.

What's this?