Walking Down The Halbeath Road

44 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Thought Chalmers was class to start with and played well throughout but also feel he could be so much better at times

Chalmers was superb today. That's coming from somebody who was pissed off at his two year deal

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Chalmers was superb today. That's coming from somebody who was pissed off at his two year deal

Thought a large part of his success in our team last season was the quality of his "final ball", but his dribbling has really surprised me recently. Bursts of pace I never even knew he had. 
He's really come on in the last year and a bit, hoping that continues because when he plays well he's a massive asset for us.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko

Just the latest in a growing collection of tightly-fought Pars vs Airdrie games. Felt like a score draw kind of match so I'm delighted we were able to edge it.

Paul Allen - woooft!

Didn't think Otoo had a poor game at all but was quite surprised when I heard him someone say he got given MoTM. Felt Chalmers was better than him in the middle of the park and McCann was excellent. Maybe got higher marks for scoring I suppose.

Also, whatever that pre-match monstrosity was can I please ask it is never repeated? Mash-up music was toe-curling and the flag-raising looked so naff.

14 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

and the flag-raising looked so naff.

Hopefully have to go through it all again next year.

The count down to the team out and then another 10 second count down to raise the flag was unnecessary, however really nice that Bob Garmory got to raise the flag we are pretty much a different club since he came in as chairman which is pleasing.

I made it through the turnstiles as the flag was being unfurled so missed a lot of the music stuff but sounds shit. Back in the day Atomic by Blondie > Final Countdown by Europe > 5,4,3,2,1 from Thunderbirds and then that opening to Into the Valley. What’s not to like. I do quite like them pumping “Dunfermline, Dunfermline, Athletic are the team we all adore” if it’s busy, would be decent if folk joined in.

In terms of goal music, I’m a 31 year old so not quite over the hill and I thought it was pish, utter earache, god knows what my 87 year old grandad made of it. I quite like Glad All Over if we need music, we’ve used it since the late 90’s (at least) but I feel foal music has died down a bit. Tom Hark by the Piranha’s was great actually! But yeah, that today sounded crap.

Has the sound system been changed? It sounded loud as just before kick off but at HT it was certainly quieter but not crystal clear. 

Mentioned on the match thread but anyone else see Meggle at FT. Onto the pitch, grabbing all the players over to SNW and taking photos. That’s the first time I’ve seen him animated or involved on match day, he looked buzzing.

Overall, thought everyone done reasonably well. Liked the look of Sharp, Bene again solid, Otoo and Chalmers were very good and McCann ran his bollocks off but seen enough from all the boys to give more positivity. Airdrie still a good side. Missed McGill and Toddy today, plus their keeper. They played some risky stuff, especially when it was pouring down.

Crap about Breen. Means Otoo likely into centre half next week so Hamilton comes in. How unfit is Michael O’Hallaron? Wasn’t risked in the league cup because he was a bit tight but this is ridiculous, I can see this being another Noel Whealan situation - hopefully wrong. 

31 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hopefully have to go through it all again next year.

The count down to the team out and then another 10 second count down to raise the flag was unnecessary, however really nice that Bob Garmory got to raise the flag we are pretty much a different club since he came in as chairman which is pleasing.

We didn’t do great job of flag raising and quite frankly getting more practise in would be helpful, it’s a good plan to try and get another league win to give us that,  probably have it close to nailed down in the next 5 years or so once we go 3 in a row premiership winners.

20 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Crap about Breen. Means Otoo likely into centre half next week so Hamilton comes in.

Hopefully a CM can be brought in likes of Byrne of E.Henderson someone like that, feel like the next 7 days are more important for the transfer window that leading up to today. 

I can accept getting beat by United, I mean with their front line I expect most teams will be fearful but a humping off them might take the wind out our sails and with basically not chance of changing it next week we need at least one experienced player in.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hopefully a CM can be brought in likes of Byrne of E.Henderson someone like that, feel like the next 7 days are more important for the transfer window that leading up to today. 

I can accept getting beat by United, I mean with their front line I expect most teams will be fearful but a humping off them might take the wind out our sails and with basically not chance of changing it next week we need at least one experienced player in.

If we can sign one or two players before the Rovers game and get through the United game without being hammered and without any further injuries/suspensions, I’ll probably be fairly content with that.

Chalmers has been one of our most important players for a year now but I’m not having that he wasn’t a gutless shitebag in the relegation season.

However, the fact that people were chewing him out today was crazy when he was quite clearly one of our better performers. Having either Hamilton or Otoo beside him doing ugly parts of the game allows him more time and space to move us up the park.

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

However, the fact that people were chewing him out today was crazy when he was quite clearly one of our better performers

I bumped into a boy I had not met for years when I was walking out today. He was positive about a handful of players then said ''Chalmers need punted though''.  I genuinely can't see how somebody can think that after today. Some folk just don't forgive.

Just now, Chubbychops said:

I bumped into a boy I had not met for years when I was walking out today. He was positive about a handful of players then said ''Chalmers need punted though''.  I genuinely can't see how somebody can think that after today. Some folk just don't forgive.

Aye, he had a really poor 6 months after joining and some have just decided their opinion on him based on that, it’s not a new thing, it’s not a pars thing or even a Scottish thing, there’s just a percentage of any Fanbase who can’t change their original opinion despite a large amount of evidence otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

A lot of our fans are thick as mince tbf.

Wighton is probably the latest scapegoat, although he has had a very slow start to the new season if I’m being polite. Hopefully will grab a goal at Tannadice and can push forward from there.

Edited by Cardle is Magic