Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Both KRH and Todd will get flung in too early and end up injured again.

Todd not being put on the bench last weekend and KRH getting 0 minutes immediately disproves that.

Edited by VinnyPar

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not seen it mentioned here but the away game at Hampden in January has been moved to the Friday night for BBC Scotland transmission. 

Sigh. Already sick of Friday night games! Would imagine the game against Raith in March will be moved to Friday too. We'll have one more Friday game at East End too.

This latest change leaves us with a game on December 30th, January 2nd and now January 5th. Best hope we don't get injuries!

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Sigh. Already sick of Friday night games! Would imagine the game against Raith in March will be moved to Friday too. We'll have one more Friday game at East End too.

This latest change leaves us with a game on December 30th, January 2nd and now January 5th. Best hope we don't get injuries!

We were going to have games on the 30th Dec, 2nd Jan & 6th Jan before the QP game got moved; hardly a major change.

Selfishly, happy it’s been shifted as there was zero chance I was going through for that one.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

30 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

How are the auld Dundee boys getting on at the Pars? I hope Jakubiak has settled in okay. Has Sharp played much?

Ehhhh, Jakubaik looks great until it comes to him being a striker and actually scoring, Sharp played a few games, I don't really remember him making any saves you wouldn't be expecting a keeper to make, he chucked in a couple of howlers though. He's nowhere near Dundees level IMO, and if anything could probably do with dropping to league one to get some consistent game time. 

6 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Ehhhh, Jakubaik looks great until it comes to him being a striker and actually scoring, Sharp played a few games, I don't really remember him making any saves you wouldn't be expecting a keeper to make, he chucked in a couple of howlers though. He's nowhere near Dundees level IMO, and if anything could probably do with dropping to league one to get some consistent game time. 

Is pretty much my take with Sharp in that he just isn't going to reach a level that we should aim to consistently be at, hope he proves me wrong though.

If Jakubiak could finish (aunty had baws) he would be playing at a higher level for sure. Great at dribbling, link up play etc etc but usually his final product was lacking for us. Though he did chip in with a few goals last season in our push for promotion.

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

How are the auld Dundee boys getting on at the Pars? I hope Jakubiak has settled in okay. Has Sharp played much?

I'm not sure if it was yourself or another Dundee poster that said Jakubiak wasn't the typical #9, penalty box striker we were all hoping for. He's a sound footballer, hold up play and getting others involved is decent but he's definitely better off the wider forward area I think. 

Sharp started a lot early on as Deniz was injured. But he made an error for a goal at Inverness and done the same at Thistle a few weeks later. Good keeper and will improve but I think we all expected him to drop out once Deniz was fit. Saying that, Deniz did cost us a goal last Friday at Morton but kept us ahead with some worldy saves.

Fisher has done fine. See glances of the guy who was a rock for us last season but he's up against better players so certainly more testing. He's getting regular game time and with Benedictus and Breen missing he's had to step up in that back line.

33 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Is pretty much my take with Sharp in that he just isn't going to reach a level that we should aim to consistently be at, hope he proves me wrong though.

If Jakubiak could finish (aunty had baws) he would be playing at a higher level for sure. Great at dribbling, link up play etc etc but usually his final product was lacking for us. Though he did chip in with a few goals last season in our push for promotion.

Aye absolutely, no harm to the guy, came in and done a sound enough job, and he's certainly not bad, just not Dundees level. 

Aye absolutely, outside the box he looks class. Missed a sitter against Ayr though that had me fair perplexed. 

I've really liked Fisher this season, he's holding the fort in that our other two centre backs have been continually injured, so he's normally trying to take Otoo and Comrie through the game, neither of whoms best position is centre back. 

18 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye absolutely, no harm to the guy, came in and done a sound enough job, and he's certainly not bad, just not Dundees level. 

Aye absolutely, outside the box he looks class. Missed a sitter against Ayr though that had me fair perplexed. 

I've really liked Fisher this season, he's holding the fort in that our other two centre backs have been continually injured, so he's normally trying to take Otoo and Comrie through the game, neither of whoms best position is centre back. 

I don't know how to multi-quote without making an arse of myself so responding to @The Toun Clocktoo...

Fisher came back to us last season from you guys looking like a really decent defender. Clearly regular game time with the Pars helped his development a lot, was great to see. 

I was disappointed in that he didn't get more game time with us in the run in last season. He barely put a foot wrong getting, mostly, played out of position at RWB. Wasn't too happy that we didn't then keep him on but I reckon that both parties thought it was for the best and a smart thing to do from Fisher to move back to where he had success. In my opinion he's comfortably Premiership level if he keeps going the way he is. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

I've said it before but Fisher is a baller and the archetype of a modern centre half. Potentially controversial but I think he might have the highest ceiling of all our permanent signings. Hasn't really looked out of place despite us having a ramshackle defense the last few weeks. He made a huge difference in the second half of the Ayr game. Once Bene is back and we have a settled back three I think he can really push on. 

Fisher is quality and will go on to bigger things. Wighton is a good footballer but just can't get involved for whatever reason. Jak is a better presence up top but poor finisher. Sharp will not play for us again unless Deniz get injured again. He'll be back at Dundee in January.

Edited by Chubbychops