Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Good to hear that Fisher is back in contention tomorrow but a bit concerned how McCann seemed to be OK last week and is now 50/50 and feeling his hamstring again.  I  do question if our approach to these injuries.

I think all of McCann’s injuries have been hamstring related. He had the bad one last season. Then a couple this season. Could just be that that’s his weakness.

I’ve just watched Spartans against Hearts. Spartans keeper , Carswell, was outstanding. He won player of the match. 
I wonder if McPake seen his performance, because the keeper was incredible 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’ve just watched Spartans against Hearts. Spartans keeper , Carswell, was outstanding. He won player of the match. 
I wonder if McPake seen his performance, because the keeper was incredible 

He is the oldest looking 28 year old in the world. At that age I would double he is looking to go anywhere full time

Apparently there’s someone called Tam McGuire that has some concerns about how our club is run? He is apparently drumming up support to go to the next meeting (January 30th) I assume it’s to back him up with his concerns? I’m reading that fans who hold patron shares have been emailed about this guy’s concerns, and he apparently has some very valid points? But bizarrely no one is prepared to post what these points are. 

I read about this on “the Pars club” site which was ironically set up because of the clique mentality, lack of information, and over the top censorship on dotnet, yet they are keeping this information a closely guarded secret for some reason, ya know, I bit like you’d expect from a clique. I was just wondering if anyone on here knows what it’s all about? I hope it’s not some kind of skulduggery like we seen in the masterton era? I could be reading too much into this whole thing, or maybe it’s simply a case of not wanting the wider football community to see us wash our dirty laundry? 

I always felt that the Pars new owners were clear that the clubs evolution was a marathon not a sprint, and it was always their intention to have the club sustain itself with a minimal cash input from them while they developed the academy infrastructure. The way I read it was they would get their investment back through player development via the academy? 

Does anyone know if it’s just a few malcontents unhappy that our season has stalled, or if there is something underhand going on? 

You should check out a guy called “Piracy” on the east end bounce forum, you’d probably get along.

Not heard it called the pars club for years, very retro.

Not a fan of wee secret emails or stuff like that and whispers.  Suppose that’s the way of it when it’s at “patron” level but then we’re a fan run club when it suited some and not others with that structure, always was.   Would say If there’s something that has a bit of substance that is a genuine concern, get it aired now.  We cannot afford to have a repeat of the Masterton days.  

Could speculate about the kind of contents.  More off field staff and salaries but no output in terms of squad size, concerns about the long term interests of the consortium, lack of communication from CEO and consortium about their current plans.  When you compare and contrast the actions and behaviours of our board v the new board at Raith, lots going right there, while ours clearly has some work to do.   My biggest concern would be the rumoured losses and what the plan would be to ensure future financial stability in the more short/medium term.   When I heard the Nisbet money had been used for cash flow, that was a sharp intake of breath, but didn’t seem to garner any sort of reaction from the rest of the support.   

Timing is everything with this sort of stuff.  Had we been playing every week and on a wee decent run, would the same questions/chat be occurring?

34 minutes ago, parsboi said:

When I heard the Nisbet money had been used for cash flow, that was a sharp intake of breath, but didn’t seem to garner any sort of reaction from the rest of the support.   

Timing is everything with this sort of stuff.  Had we been playing every week and on a wee decent run, would the same questions/chat be occurring?

When did that become common knowledge like?

Second part of probably spot on. People love a gripe and conspiracy when there’s a chance to moan.

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

When did that become common knowledge like?

Second part of probably spot on. People love a gripe and conspiracy when there’s a chance to moan.

That was at the last supporters forum that was held a few weeks (months maybe!?) ago.  

3 minutes ago, parsboi said:

That was at the last supporters forum that was held a few weeks (months maybe!?) ago.  

Ah I had to pull out on the day so missed it. I assume that went down like a led balloon in the room?

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Apparently there’s someone called Tam McGuire that has some concerns about how our club is run? He is apparently drumming up support to go to the next meeting (January 30th) I assume it’s to back him up with his concerns? I’m reading that fans who hold patron shares have been emailed about this guy’s concerns, and he apparently has some very valid points? But bizarrely no one is prepared to post what these points are. 

I read about this on “the Pars club” site which was ironically set up because of the clique mentality, lack of information, and over the top censorship on dotnet, yet they are keeping this information a closely guarded secret for some reason, ya know, I bit like you’d expect from a clique. I was just wondering if anyone on here knows what it’s all about? I hope it’s not some kind of skulduggery like we seen in the masterton era? I could be reading too much into this whole thing, or maybe it’s simply a case of not wanting the wider football community to see us wash our dirty laundry? 

I always felt that the Pars new owners were clear that the clubs evolution was a marathon not a sprint, and it was always their intention to have the club sustain itself with a minimal cash input from them while they developed the academy infrastructure. The way I read it was they would get their investment back through player development via the academy? 

Does anyone know if it’s just a few malcontents unhappy that our season has stalled, or if there is something underhand going on? 

Sorry, what’s the Pars Club site? Is it the East End Bounce forum?

For the vast majority of folk that aren't a Patron then you can still seek assurances from and ask questions of  the PST who have 1 board member on the football club board and 2 board members on the holding company board if you are concerned at the way the club is being run.

Fwiw I don't think is secret emails and whispers, until GmbH excersize their right to transfer the loan into shares then the Patron's are still significant shareholders who stuck serious coin in and ought to hold people to account, if they want to talk about an email or meeting that they have then I think it's up to them. The rest of us have a similar opportunity at the public meetings however are rightly different from a shareholders meeting.

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Ah I had to pull out on the day so missed it. I assume that went down like a led balloon in the room?

Now i wasn’t there (first time in ages i couldn’t make it) but I definitely read it in the notes on one of the forums, and I questioned it at the time.  Can I find it anywhere right now so I’m not doubting myself…? Naw ffs 😂  so if anyone who was there can clarify I’ll go hastily edit or leave alone as required!

1 minute ago, 101 said:

For the vast majority of folk that aren't a Patron then you can still seek assurances from and ask questions of  the PST who have 1 board member on the football club board and 2 board members on the holding company board if you are concerned at the way the club is being run.

Fwiw I don't think is secret emails and whispers, until GmbH excersize their right to transfer the loan into shares then the Patron's are still significant shareholders who stuck serious coin in and ought to hold people to account, if they want to talk about an email or meeting that they have then I think it's up to them. The rest of us have a similar opportunity at the public meetings however are rightly different from a shareholders meeting.

Understand that bud, and to be fair if it hadn’t been partly brought into a public forum, we’d be none the wiser.  

Just now, parsboi said:

Now i wasn’t there (first time in ages i couldn’t make it) but I definitely read it in the notes on one of the forums, and I questioned it at the time.  Can I find it anywhere right now so I’m not doubting myself…? Naw ffs 😂  so if anyone who was there can clarify I’ll go hastily edit or leave alone as required!

I don't recall that from the night, however could be true sure there was a question about the money.

But I think the answer was more that the cash had been received into our account so maybe crossed wires?

1 minute ago, parsboi said:

Understand that bud, and to be fair if it hadn’t been partly brought into a public forum, we’d be none the wiser.  

I agree, I'm just not sure how usual it would be for a business to advertise a shareholder meeting? Certainly can't recall discussions around one at the football club for a long time.

I do think that the more scrutiny you have the better outcomes you are likely to get, however scrutiny usually goes out the window when you win. Did anyone really speak about the financial toll last year took when we skelped Falkirk to the title?

At the end of the day we are a football club and when things are going well we are all interested on events on the pitch rather than the boardroom.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't recall that from the night, however could be true sure there was a question about the money.

But I think the answer was more that the cash had been received into our account so maybe crossed wires?

Aye I’m sure the expression that was used that i read was “incorporated into cash flow” which for me sounded like, used for daily running rather than sitting in bank to be used for rainy day.  But also likely I misread that so happy to be corrected. 

Just noticed the Courier have posted an article today confirming Zack Rudden and Cammy Kerr have both been told they’re free to find new clubs. Would be shocked if we don’t move for Rudden, the old ex Dundee player link lives on 🤣

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just noticed the Courier have posted an article today confirming Zack Rudden and Cammy Kerr have both been told they’re free to find new clubs. Would be shocked if we don’t move for Rudden, the old ex Dundee player link lives on 🤣

I wouldn't be against that but still need a CB.

Dunfermline ladies are playing at Pitreavie today if folk need their footballing fix, pretty grim day to watch football right enough.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Two of McPake's all time favourite Dundee players have come available. I'd be stunned if he didn't move for both.

I think they’ll have plenty suitors, I could even see a Livi make a move. However I would expect they’ll both rock up in the Championship. I’d take both but knowing we want a striker and centre back and that McPake signed Rudden for Dundee, I’d be shocked if we didn’t make a move for him.

To be fair, Cammy Kerr is that more natural right back, probably better than Comrie. He might fancy him too if budget allowed…