Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Can’t help but agree @par-adise, hate that shirt as much now as I did then, struggling to think which one you thought was worse.

The Adidas kit. 

I was younger when that top came out, and I associate it with a far happier time to be a Pars fan but I liked it allot. Very nice. We've had plenty tops with black and white stripes which have been far worse. 

Also feel like it's a bit off to downplay the cup final like that, while we did lose, it was also the peak, and as good a time as it's been to be a Pars fan since the 60s. We finished 4th in the Premier that year, and if we had a referee with a working pair of eyes it might have been our day. I'd love to be in the position once again in my life where we're commemorating a season as good as that again, but alas I'm finding it hard to see us in the Premier again. 

On 23/09/2024 at 19:39, 101 said:

Fridays event is just about finalised cast list of Barry Nicholson, Gary Dempsey, Richie Byrne, Lee Bullen, Derek Stillie, the Young brothers and Scott (Nipper) Thomson. Hosted by Rob Maclean.

Few more to be announced! Looking forward to it! 

https://www.onfife.com/event/celebrating-20-years-of-the-pst-the-road-to-hampden-2004-cb41/

His name just won't go away

5 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Also feel like it's a bit off to downplay the cup final like that, while we did lose, it was also the peak, and as good a time as it's been to be a Pars fan since the 60s. We finished 4th in the Premier that year, and if we had a referee with a working pair of eyes it might have been our day. I'd love to be in the position once again in my life where we're commemorating a season as good as that again, but alas I'm finding it hard to see us in the Premier again. 

Fair enough. But the cup final shirt was actually the 04/05 kit so I also associate it with that season, which is less than a happy memory. The many brilliant moments of the 03/04 season are more associated with the white with black pinstripes.

3 hours ago, par-adise said:

Fair enough. But the cup final shirt was actually the 04/05 kit so I also associate it with that season, which is less than a happy memory. The many brilliant moments of the 03/04 season are more associated with the white with black pinstripes.

They were very, very, very dark blue.

13 hours ago, par-adise said:

Rereleasing a shirt (probably the second worst home shirt in the last 30 years) from a final we lost feels a bit tinpot. 

The shirt is definitely controversial. But given it is also from the exact same time the PST launched it makes sense. 

Also given we have been cutting about the lower tiers of Scottish football for ages now I really don’t think Scottish Cup finalists is anything to sniff at.

On 23/09/2024 at 19:39, 101 said:

Fridays event is just about finalised cast list of Barry Nicholson, Gary Dempsey, Richie Byrne, Lee Bullen, Derek Stillie, the Young brothers and Scott (Nipper) Thomson. Hosted by Rob Maclean.

Few more to be announced! Looking forward to it! 

https://www.onfife.com/event/celebrating-20-years-of-the-pst-the-road-to-hampden-2004-cb41/

Mind someone call Stillie a Tory Bas**** if the opportunity arises  

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

Mind someone call Stillie a Tory Bas**** if the opportunity arises  

I honestly don’t think I could refrain myself. As a young Goalkeeper, he was never amongst my favourites but was still someone I looked up too.

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Pretty sure in addition to being a dirty Tory b*****d, Stillie was involved in the legal defence of Goodwillie as well so he can 100% gtf.

He was and I believe he still was at the the time of the whole Clyde & Raith thing.

About 10 hours until the doors opens. I saw Skerla’s video last night which was brilliant, what a great guy. All the highlights packages from the BBC footage of what was a pretty mental cup run, from snowed off matches to a game ending in a fight. 

All the profits going into the PST coffers would be great to see a few more folk come along!

Also your best chance to get the limited edition kit, especially in the popular sizes. And of course only chance to get a signed one from the vast majority of that seasons cup run players.

Tickets will be available on the door, if you want to buy a VIP ticket which includes exclusive merch, free drink and prime seat make sure you purchase before 18:30. Otherwise you can buy right up to 19:45 when we kick off.

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, 101 said:

About 10 hours until the doors opens. I saw Skerla’s video last night which was brilliant, what a great guy. All the highlights packages from the BBC footage of what was a pretty mental cup run, from snowed off matches to a game ending in a fight. 

All the profits going into the PST coffers would be great to see a few more folk come along!

Also your best chance to get the limited edition kit, especially in the popular sizes. And of course only chance to get a signed one from the vast majority of that seasons cup run players.

Tickets will be available on the door, if you want to buy a VIP ticket which includes exclusive merch, free drink and prime seat make sure you purchase before 18:30. Otherwise you can buy right up to 19:45 when we kick off.

Looking forward to this. Looks like there’s a lot of great former players going, sure they’ll have some stories to tell!

Club have no other option if it comes to that. Probably lucky it's still open.

Far too many wee p***ks in there who just won't listen and continue to chuck things (cowardly behaviour by the way) and let off flares etc.