Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Jimmy Nichol talking on Sportsound seems to think that a deal has been struck to save the Pars

From the BBC a couple of minutes ago:

Dunfermline Steering Group

"It is obvious to all parties that we need to act quickly to ensure the club's survival. To this end, the Steering Group would like to confirm that a number of Dunfermline fans have expressed an interest in making substantial investments in the club.

"We can also confirm that the future ownership of the football club will be as per the proposal agreed with the club on Wednesday 13th March, which is a supporter led model and there will be no shares held by the Masterton family in the club.

"The current board are sufficiently comfortable with the proposals put forward by the Steering Group to allow due diligence to commence on Monday 18th March. Dependant on the outcome of this due diligence, the investment strategy will be concluded as quickly as possible.

"This could be the last realistic chance to save our club. Whilst we have that opportunity, we would ask ALL Dunfermline Athletic fans who can attend to come along to the next two home matches on 23rd and 27th March. Further opportunities to provide financial assistance to the football club will be detailed in the coming days."

Positive stuff.

Jimmy Nichol talking on Sportsound seems to think that a deal has been struck to save the Pars

From the BBC a couple of minutes ago:

Dunfermline Steering Group

"It is obvious to all parties that we need to act quickly to ensure the club's survival. To this end, the Steering Group would like to confirm that a number of Dunfermline fans have expressed an interest in making substantial investments in the club.

"We can also confirm that the future ownership of the football club will be as per the proposal agreed with the club on Wednesday 13th March, which is a supporter led model and there will be no shares held by the Masterton family in the club.

"The current board are sufficiently comfortable with the proposals put forward by the Steering Group to allow due diligence to commence on Monday 18th March. Dependant on the outcome of this due diligence, the investment strategy will be concluded as quickly as possible.

"This could be the last realistic chance to save our club. Whilst we have that opportunity, we would ask ALL Dunfermline Athletic fans who can attend to come along to the next two home matches on 23rd and 27th March. Further opportunities to provide financial assistance to the football club will be detailed in the coming days."

Positive stuff.

Hope you salvage something. But how do you service £21 million debt.

They have been Rangers reserve team for a few years now taking all their cast offs....

Allan McGregor was immense for us and obviously benefited from it to go onto better things. We still have McMillan and Hutton was only here for a few games. Anyone else over these "few years"? How many Hearts loanees have been at Starks?

Edited by Hipster Dufus

Hope you salvage something. But how do you service £21 million debt.

It isn't really 21m around 6 of the money due to directors Is owed to the stadium company, so really it's 15m ish, 12m of which the bank are willing to let us pay over long term via a lease(the agreement as it stands means we're not due them a penny for 25ish years) and that's only if we continue to play at east end. Of the remaining 3m 2m is due to (ex) directors who aren't going to worry too much about it being replayed. Most of the trade debt isn't seen as too unreadable for a club of our size, so it appears to be about 1/2m that's causing the current issues. Still money we don't have but we have hope of trading out of the rest of it, we need that money payed up ASAP or no more DAFC.

Today's announcement suggest that they 250,000 that was meant to be out up by the TPC guys has been offered from other sources(purvis, steven Taylor maybe as well as braisby and other pars fars not involved in the TPC, maybe even some members of the TPC who don't agree with stopping would be my guess) . That would leave the fans a few months to try and raise 250000 . I'm more hopefull than I was yesterday certainly.

It isn't really 21m around 6 of the money due to directors Is owed to the stadium company, so really it's 15m ish, 12m of which the bank are willing to let us pay over long term via a lease(the agreement as it stands means we're not due them a penny for 25ish years) and that's only if we continue to play at east end. Of the remaining 3m 2m is due to (ex) directors who aren't going to worry too much about it being replayed. Most of the trade debt isn't seen as too unreadable for a club of our size, so it appears to be about 1/2m that's causing the current issues. Still money we don't have but we have hope of trading out of the rest of it, we need that money payed up ASAP or no more DAFC.

Today's announcement suggest that they 250,000 that was meant to be out up by the TPC guys has been offered from other sources(purvis, steven Taylor maybe as well as braisby and other pars fars not involved in the TPC, maybe even some members of the TPC who don't agree with stopping would be my guess) . That would leave the fans a few months to try and raise 250000 . I'm more hopefull than I was yesterday certainly.

£12m due in 30 years means £400k per year - scary and that is only half the debt. Not getting at you but this is the reality of how you fans have been shafted.

Players' tweets re todays fans at Starks Park:

""Jojo Cardle‏@JojoCardle
Unbelievable scenes today at Starks Park...can't thank the fans enough for their support...thought u were all exceptional throughout...

Jojo Cardle‏@JojoCardle
... Lets hope this is not the end! Long live Dunfermline Athletic Football Club!!!

Alex Whittle‏@AliWhitts
Thought the fans were Outstanding today ...He's Big ,He's Geordie....He Loves It In Tappie Torries Cal Morris @Calmorris37 !! #COMEONYEPARS

C.E.M‏@Calmorris37
Total respect for all the travelling fans today, you were amazing! What an atmosphere #12thman #COYP #wewillsurvive"

WE WILL SURVIVE!! COME ON YE PAAAAAARS!!! :)

Was that a supporter or someone involved in the club? That's mental!

Was that a supporter or someone involved in the club? That's mental!

It was someone from TPC or whatever they're called. I'm not sure if I've misheard it. I hope so.

Yea thats the sort of figures been branded about for the holding company of mastertons companies, including dafc and EEP , which is why it's so important to get the club out before it collapses, also allegations that money has been moved around the group depending on who's due money when .

£12m due in 30 years means £400k per year - scary and that is only half the debt. Not getting at you but this is the reality of how you fans have been shafted.

It's not only half the debt, your doing your sums wrong, it's 80 % of the debt due by the club/stadium, but the bank are apparently meant to be willing to allow a commercial lease ( I've heard 100k pa but no idea of accuracy) as they know the 12m was dodgy as f**k between Cummings and masterton, they figure getting money in now is better than crossing there fingers and hoping that somebody will pay them in 30 years. Its not the reason we're fucked.

Edited by parsforlife

I think its time to cut your losses and support Rovers/Cowden/East Fife/Falkirk.

:lol::lol::lol:

In all honesty, I'd be finished with Scottish football for the most part if I could no longer go to Pars games.

Edit: now you can no longer go to Pars games