Walking Down The Halbeath Road

In some ways I agree with vikingTON. If DAFC go bust, I don't think we can expect anything from the SFL/SFA. What happened to the new Rangers has no bearing. The SFA/SPL/SFL clearly changed the rules to stop their 40,000 fans being lost to the game. We won't have that. We may not even have a ground post liquidation...

What I don't get is his sheer delight vikingTON gets from this. Football isn't like other businesses. The aim isn't to be the last team standing. Also, I remember Pars fans going through to Greenock and standing with the protesting Morton fans in solidariity during their troubles with Scott.

I like Morton though - proper non-plastic Scottish team.

Edited by SteviePar.

I'm absolutely gutted - gut-wrenchingly sore inside! :( I've never really knew how bad things were till October, really. I never use to care about they kind of things because I've only been a supporter for 8/9 years and I'm only 18. I'd much rather I didn't get to the 2006 and 2007 cup finals; I never got to see my team in Europe, despite being knocked out at the first stage....I never asked for any of that, I've never been a glory hunter. I wished the past was different and we had someone sensible in charge who made up a viable, sustainable, football club.

I've always been a Pars fan, since 2004-2005. I always will be. Will I support a NewCo? I don't know, tbh...I'll need to consider it, if and when that scenario arises.

The memories which have been created, mostly struggles to avoid relegation tbh, will always live me forever. I'm so glad I was around to see us win the SFL1 title in 2011; it's the best football fans' feeling, when your team lift that shiny trophy up to the sky.

Thank you for all the memories, I love you DAFC, Rest In Peace! :(

Genuinely gutted for you and the other Pars fans.. I cant imagine there NOT being a Thistle!! And it has been close.

Only coo. I wouldn't worry. You might even see a wee increase in attendances as most Pars fans quite like Cowden (I know it's not mutual)

There aren't that many Cowden fans Stevie as you will know and I don't think that most of us actually dislike Dunfermline that much. We have hardly had a lot to do with one another for many years before recent seasons. I am old enough( only just ;) ) to remember some of the distant games years ago. I certainly feel sympathy for the Pars fans as the thought of losing the team that you love is terrible and gut wrenching. Not that long ago we looked like being sold into oblivion and hence the reasons for my concerns over the possibility of us being "absorbed" by a potential Newco.

genuinely feel for all pars fans.

i remember the dark days of 00-01. wouldnt wish on anyone.

we had a pantomime villain in charge whose aim was to sell the ground for property.

this is different althougj i have always had a mistrust of yorkston and having read about him last year Masterton.

clydebank started again. dunfermline could start again in a rather strong east coast junior or senior set up and thru pyramid could be up in pros in a couple of 3-4 yrs. reengage with local community and not chase rainbows with yorkston etc.

ross county and ict are teams whose business models should be applauded. as should many others in divs 1,2,3.

heid oot sand folks. too many full time teams? pish spl product and in general? scottish fitba on the slates? aye buy trust doncaster and longmuir.

Tbf, was part of the problem not that their board promptly sanctioned increased spending... based on ludicrous predictions of home crowds... once they got promoted? If they'd wanted to 'rake in the cash' their Board could have, but instead it just got spent, no?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they budgeted for crowds of 7000. Utter madness.

March the 26th is when the £134k debt to HMRC is due, according to John Yorkston on COWS. Also, we're apparently speaking to someone who's interested in joining who has connections to Switzerland...hmmm, I don't know what to believe about that one!!!

Anyway, could be DAFC's last ever home game next Saturday - I'll definitely be there, and I hope we can get as many fans in the ground as possible, hopefully more than we take to Raith tomorrow (and I believe we'll sell out the stand tomorrow!)

That's the day Jesus died according to the leaflet given to me by a Jehovah's Witness. Coincidence? I think not. Praise the Lord!

There aren't that many Cowden fans Stevie as you will know and I don't think that most of us actually dislike Dunfermline that much. We have hardly had a lot to do with one another for many years before recent seasons. I am old enough( only just ;) ) to remember some of the distant games years ago. I certainly feel sympathy for the Pars fans as the thought of losing the team that you love is terrible and gut wrenching. Not that long ago we looked like being sold into oblivion and hence the reasons for my concerns over the possibility of us being "absorbed" by a potential Newco.

fech it when did i become part of the minority. i for one loathe the townie b*****ds and their arrogant billy big time fans, that being said i don't want them to die because the very few times that we manage to beat them gives me such a buzz that could never be replaced.

In some ways I agree with vikingTON. If DAFC go bust, I don't think we can expect anything from the SFL/SFA. What happened to the new Rangers has no bearing. The SFA/SPL/SFL clearly changed the rules to stop their 40,000 fans being lost to the game. We won't have that. We may not even have a ground post liquidation...

What I don't get is his sheer delight vikingTON gets from this. Football isn't like other businesses. The aim isn't to be the last team standing. Also, I remember Pars fans going through to Greenock and standing with the protesting Morton fans in solidariity during their troubles with Scott.

I like Morton though - proper non-plastic Scottish team.

Was in the pub the day of the Hugh Scott protest talking with some pars fans, everyone of them to a man were great guys and stood behind our protest, also loved our big games at old EEP in the late 80s. Hope your lot pull through. Vikington is just some wee fud who trolls for the sake of it, he gets short shrift on the Morton board so this is his playground, best ignored.

Yesterday was enough for me to give up altogether. First we're not dead yet, might be another week, might be another month. I'm treating every remaining game we have left as a bonus.

I'm not happy with the statements coming out of both TPC and Supporters Direct. It is becomming clear that they are looking at liquidation as the solution to acheiving their goal of a community club. There is a major difference between resurrecting a dead entity and intentionally letting our club die. Not only is this a massive gamble (how can they garantee this new club would even emerge) but is not right to claim to be DAFC when they clearly wouldn't. I might be wrong but the TPC communication has been shocking.

The fans backed this lot as the sole option of saving the club. They admitted themselves a compromise deal was agreed, yet bolted at the last minute. Im starting to wonder if this was all show to get the fans on board for when they try to set up a new club. I agree 100% DAFC should be fan owned and run, a new club would not be DAFC though. The only way I could bring me self to support a newco was if it was born out of a REAL grass roots fans movement, these so called 'former' investors would have to go along with Masterton.

Enough energy (and hope) have been wasted on this lot. If they're other ways to save the Pars we need to get behind it, we're not dead yet. Enough talk of this newco pish.

Edit: what he says ^^^^^^

Stephen Taylor has been warning he thinks Masterton will look for another quick fix and that quick fix could be...administration (as suggested by Tonsilits the other day)

It would certainly relieve the headache for the board of paying staff and suppliers while at the same time allowing them to maintain power.

Whether an adminstrator would touch us is another matter. They'd probably have to work by candlelight.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dunfermline-board-could-buy-time-by-going-into-voluntary-administration.20520124'>http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dunfermline-board-could-buy-time-by-going-into-voluntary-administration.20520124

Edited by Shandon Par

An administrator is court appointed and will undertake the administration role so long as they can be sure they'll get their fee. As much as it's difficult not to, I wouldn't worry too much about passing deadlines. The only deadline that counts is one minute before the winding up order is passed and seen through. Artificial deadlines are set as a form of brinksmanship and even when one party walks way, often another comes to the table. This was the case at Morton. The only thing that concerns me about Dunfermline is the apparent lack of action by the fans and an over reliance or faith in the steering group to deliver. There must be enough professional skill and expertise within the support to organise a fighting group and put proper alternative business proposals forward and put together a contingency plan in the event of a worst case outcome. There are also plenty of previous examples from which the Pars fans can draw on experience and goodwill from other fans who've been through it.

Edited by Rasta Ton

The only thing that concerns me about Dunfermline is the apparent lack of action by the fans and an over reliance or faith in the steering group to deliver. There must be enough professional skill and expertise within the support to organise a fighting group and put proper alternative business proposals forward and put together a contingency plan in the event of a worst case outcome. There are also plenty of previous examples from which the Pars fans can draw on experience and goodwill from other fans who've been through it.

This what I mean, too much time and hope has been wasted on TPC. We need to get organised folks while we still can...